erin's kennels

springpoint

erin's kennels

Post by springpoint » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:22 pm

I keep hearing alot about this kennel. I looked at there website and they look to have nice dogs. I was wondering if these are all age dogs or walking shooting dogs, and if anyone has seen any of their dogs.

thanks in advance.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: erin's kennels

Post by Sharon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm pretty sure Sean Derrig has Shooting Dogs and AA dogs but you should call/e-mail him and get any info direct from him.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Sean only runs all-age dogs now. I am sure he has some that won't make all-age but would be shooting dogs for sale.

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 pm

just looked at his site he has some good looking dogs i like the erin's foolish pride dog he has one dog that he said wont run aa but be a good shooting dog for 1800 not a bad deal
kick'em up knock'em down

SHOWTIME

Post by SHOWTIME » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 pm

I have a friend hat has run dogs at Seans place a few times and he has always spoke nice about his dogs.
{~ITSINTHEBLOOD~}

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 pm

I had a real nice young dog off of Tin Soldier that was highly inteligent, would naturally point and hold birds all day, great nose and tons of drive. Unfortunately, due to an untimely accident I had to put him down a couple weeks ago. It just so happens that I was thinking about him earlier today. I miss that dog.

So without a doubt, I would highly recomend getting a pup out of Tin Soldier.

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

springpoint

Post by springpoint » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:54 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I really like the looks of his bad river dog, any body seen bad river or any of his pups?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 am

I've seen Bad River and some pups out of him, he is a bigger male, he's a good looking dog. As for his pups, the ones I have seen are big, strong, carry themselves well, good personalities, seemed to always be around birds.

Alot of the trialers I know like Tin soldier pups better, but he throws alot of color, and for whatever reason the trialers want that clean body (easier to see I guess) but I sure would not let that be my deciding factor on a good dog. Now in saying that Bad River throws a cleaner bodied dog some say he throws a llittle more sickle tail than Tin Soldier, but I have not seen that to be true. All the pups I have seen out of these two are good natured bird dogs with a go with ya attitiude, some can have big motors too.

Hope that helps,
Chip

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Here's a pup out of bad river, but I didn't get him from erin kennels. He's going to be a big dog with alot of run. So far he's turning out to be a really nice pup.

This is his ped.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=420

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:39 am

Woo Wee Brandon, man you got Rooster looking nice. There sure is'nt any sickle in Roosters tail, you better hope Mr. Derrig does'nt see that big going, stylish SOB, he just may try and buy him... :lol:
Those are some Kick arse pics too me brother.

Chip

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:51 am

I sure do like the looks of that Bad River pup! Sean Derrig has won three championships this fall with three different dogs. His list of accomplishments in the field trial world is very impressive. I find his website very informative as it shows pictures and pedigrees of current and past dogs.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 am

I watched Sean run a couple of his dogs in Kennebec this fall - threw my brace sheets away or I'd tell ya' which ones. Although they didn't win in those trials, looked as nice as any and was not hard to imagine him putting them in the winners circle pretty regularly - heard he went on a bit of a winning streak this fall after that. Chatting with him, looking at his setup, I'm pretty sure he's not showing up unprepared - I imagine there is probably a little more to his success than just his good dogs. :wink:

Rich? Rich Heaton? Anything to add? How about telling us how Sean chewed ya' out for missing a water tank (ya' rookie!). :lol: :lol:

glk7243

Post by glk7243 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Tuesday, October 20, 2009
National Amateur Pheasant Championship
Kildeer Plains, OH
44 Dogs Entered
Erin's Bad River PM Sean Derrig
Marques Gold Touch PM John Ivester

2009 Northeastern Open Shooting Dog Championship
Winner Lawless Lady Mike Tracy
RU Erin's Backstreet Affair Luke Eisenhart

National Open Pheasant Championship-Winners
Champion Erin's Stoney River PM Sean Derrig
RU Amarige PM Randy Downs

International Pheasant Championship Erin's Tin Soldier Declared winner.
Champion; Erin's Tin Soldier, Sean Derrig
RU; White's Solid Ben, Lefty Henry

76th American Field Pheasant Futurity
Date of Trial : October 6, 2009
26 entries
1st
Erin's Foolish Pride, Sean Derrig
2nd
Erin's Kentucky Gambler, Sean Derrig

Erin's Tin Soldier

Looks like he has been doing OK.
Doug, why don't you breed Tin soldier to a nice shorthair female? Looks like you would get some nice black and white GSP's. Don't those bring more money? I need a new pup this spring. So put me down for the pick of the litter. I won't charge you any thing for the great marketing idea.
Regards
Gary
PS Please leave the tail long on the one I'm getting

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Sean also doesn't sell puppies. He keeps them until their 6-8 months old, then he sells the ones he doesn't feel cut, so what are you really getting? But there are many people clammering for these dogs for obvious reasons. His tops winners have been bred and are going to cost ya. I've had my eye out for a few, but nothing with the bottom side breeding I'm looking for, tell you right now though, it's going to cost quite a bit more then most pointer pups.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:43 am

His results are impressive. I've been following his accomplishments/dogs for a couple of years. I really took a liking to Bad River and Tin Soldier. Take a look at his "dogs competing page" http://www.erinkennels.com/dogs_competing.php wow. From what I understand he was very successful in the real estate world, so he has the money to back his program. He's livin' the dream. One of the few guys who has been able to be that successful and keep "amateur" status.

I know that he purchased Rooster's Dam after that litter was whelped I haven't noticed her on his website. I'm curious to know what he is doing with her.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:54 am

Sorry Rob,
Did not mean to leave you out on Rooster, you guys have a fine looking dog....

Just a little FYI, I have a friend that has a male pup out of CH. Bad River x CH. Blazing Glory ( she is by Ch. High View Buddy x Smith's Hot Shadow... she by Nate's Hot pepper x Texoma Kate) she won the Illinois Championship in 2008....the pup is 15 mos old has had some pro training the dog just does not run big enough for horseback, he says he is more the walking trial dog right now but he's still young, been started on his birds, and is pretty steady. Pretty fair price for him as well.....If anyone is interested you can PM me for the price and contact info. The dog is in Southern Illinois.

Chip
Last edited by lvrgsp on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:37 am

Doug, why don't you breed Tin soldier to a nice shorthair female? Looks like you would get some nice black and white GSP's. Don't those bring more money? I need a new pup this spring. So put me down for the pick of the litter. I won't charge you any thing for the great marketing idea.
Haha!! Heck man, I just tried to stay out of the way and not do anything stupid at that deal!! Snuck one of Rich's pointers over to stake out by my rig so I could fit in and kept my GSP's hidden out in the trailer till after dark - didn't want anybody to hit me up to take 'em coon huntin' or somethin'!! :lol: :lol:
the pup is 15 mos old has had some pro training the dog just does not run big enough for horseback SD right now, he says he is more the walking SD
So we've got walking SD and horseback SD standards now?? Sheesh! :wink:

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 am

Went back and changed that for ya Doug, did not mean to confuse ya...

Chip

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:25 am

did not mean to confuse ya...
:lol: :lol: Easy to do!!

I was just being a PIA!! :lol: