Elhew Sinbad, question on puppies

oakcreek

Elhew Sinbad, question on puppies

Post by oakcreek » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 am

I was wondering how Elhew sinbad pups are doing. I see the field so I know about the wins, but how are their noses and bird finding ability. What have their ranges been on average, tails, bites. Basically I have a couple of really well bred Elhew females that have proven themselves in my kennel, and I am going to be picking studs to match up with them. Trying to gain information on whether I should use Sinbad or not. I am drawn to the Swami dog, my females are heavy bred Hanna's elhew lou and Elhew discovery so I want to keep with those lines again.

I am also looking at Nella's running tab, Elhew commanche, Elhew twister, or an out cross option is open such as Erin's bad river or Erins Southern Pride.

jhoughton

Re: Elhew Sinbad, question on puppies

Post by jhoughton » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:57 am

The pup in my avatar is my Sinbad pup...and I can tell you that she is the real deal. Fastest dog I have ever owned and by far the best nose with style to spare. As far as range goes, I have seen everything from All Age to Walking Trial dogs. I am looking at buying another year old Sinbad bitch, she doesn't run as big as the pup I have now (probably more of a gundog race) but finds birds every bit as good as the pup I have and looks like a million bucks doing it.

ElhewPointer

Re: Elhew Sinbad, question on puppies

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:41 am

Oakcreek,

First of all I want to thank you for considering my dog to breed to. Always a good feeling to see someone talking nice about your dog. Thanks again. As far as your question, I've seen and owned quite a few Sinbad dogs. I have owned two Sinbad males. I sold one to a gentleman on the east coast because he didn't have enough run for me. He was a super nice dog, great nose, fancy going but just not enough dog. The other dog I had I won the Arkansas Shooting Dog Derby with. He was a very athletic dog, ran a nice shooting dog race, decent nose, a ton of style and class. As far as other dogs out of him. I know Scott for Four Rivers Kennel is happy with the results. Actually, his female just won the Tenn. Shooting Dog Championship yesterday. That makes her a 2X Ch. and 2X RU-Ch. All on wild birds. Her littermate brother is also a RU-Ch. He is a very nice dog. He hasn't had the luck she has, but to be honest, I like him a little better. He has a derby female that has won a derby trial this year by Sinbad also. I've seen a bunch of em'. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks again for considering Ben to breed to.

Vagas