Utah Bird dog seminar

Dirtysteve

Utah Bird dog seminar

Post by Dirtysteve » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:21 am

Any of you Utah guys/ gals going to the Bird Dog Seminar this Saturday?

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:29 am

Possibly. I have to watch my kids while my wife is working. I could get someone to watch them for me. But if I do, why not go out and chase ditch parrots for the last weekend of the pheasant hunt instead? I am torn.
Plus it is a seminar put on by the GSP club. I already get enough guff from you shorthair guys because I have those long tail dogs. If I show up at a place like that it will be "as a lamb to the slaughter". LOL

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:36 am

Come on down and we promise to be nice :wink:
I was up in your neck of the woods last tuesday chasing some birds.
Two us us shot a limit but dang we had to work for them.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:41 am

I know there are pheasants around my neck of the woods. I haven't found any this season. I have took off from work early a couple of times and went out. But still haven't found any since the opener. I usually have less than an hour to hunt before it gets dark.

Addict

Post by Addict » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:44 pm

I would go if it wasnt the last weekend of the pheasant hunt. Priorities

Addict

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:19 am

How did it go? I missed it because of the game :blob4: :cwm10: :cheers: , and then work :cry: . I hate missing these when I could use the help. Did anybody record it?
Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1618

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:04 pm

I was very impressed with the whole thing.
They are a good bunch of people that seamed very sincere in helping with any questions that was asked.
I really enjoyed the practice hunt test after. It was my first time and it was a little nerve racking having about 20 people following, watching you and your dog, but he did very well so I am pleased.

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:55 pm

Dirtysteve wrote:I was very impressed with the whole thing.
They are a good bunch of people that seamed very sincere in helping with any questions that was asked.
I really enjoyed the practice hunt test after. It was my first time and it was a little nerve racking having about 20 people following, watching you and your dog, but he did very well so I am pleased.
But you missed the big show! The guy that took Speed and I set a pigion out for Clown(me trying to brag a bit) it was a class performance! Clown went right to the planted pigion and picked it up and retrieved it! We skipped the pointing part of the show! Ahh well Clown and I think alike and I was thinking retrieve and that is what he did! So I had to redeam meself, right? well had another perfect retrieve! I crawled back to my truck and headed to Rossy town!