English Pointer line: Peregrine

hustonmc

English Pointer line: Peregrine

Post by hustonmc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:31 pm

The weather sucks so I find myself doing task I've put off all hunting season. Being a young bachelor that doesn't really care about these task I started thinking of more pressing issues, dog stuff. Over the last few years I have put the time in doing my pedigree homework and having enjoyed coffee and conversation with some proven pointers people, yet I have 1 loose end I have yet to tie up.
What kennel and what line is Peregrine. There are numerous Texas kennels that have this line heavy in their kennels. This line has also produced CH Stormin Norman, another dog I know absolutely nothing about.
Any idea or stories, this is just one line I can't find anything about.

dudleysmith

Re: English Pointer line: Peregrine

Post by dudleysmith » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:34 pm

i do not believe it is a certain line just what some guy is registering dogs with as i saw some GSP's with this name also....

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:27 pm

There is a GSP Kennel with the name Peregrine, they just have show dogs though. Nothing to it, they never raised Pointers. If the pre-fix Peregrine shows up in 4 generations of a pedigree, I'm going to go ahead and call that a line.....................don't know what line Peregrine came from though, that's the line I'm looking for.

dudleysmith

Post by dudleysmith » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:43 pm

hustonmc wrote:There is a GSP Kennel with the name Peregrine, they just have show dogs though. Nothing to it, they never raised Pointers. If the pre-fix Peregrine shows up in 4 generations of a pedigree, I'm going to go ahead and call that a line.....................don't know what line Peregrine came from though, that's the line I'm looking for.

Call these people as they seem to have "this line"
http://www.texasgundogs.com/young_started_dogs.htm

It is just a bunch of mixed up stuff..Gateway Matador, Fiddler stuff i would bet

http://www.texasgundogs.com/young_broke_dogs.htm

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:53 pm

From some old timers I have talked to they believe there is some Fiddler is there as well. So that's kinda always been my thinking. I have run across that kennel in my research, I'll probably break down and give them a call since, that seems to be the strongest scent on my trail. Thanks dudley.