Lost dog by Hastings NE

jkoehler

Lost dog by Hastings NE

Post by jkoehler » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:01 am

Central Nebraska guys I need you help locating my dog. On Tuesday night I was in a rollover accident and my dog was tossed, box bussed and dog took off. I was heading to inlaws in Bruning. German Shorthair, male has camo collar with a rabies tag on it. This accident happened west of Hastings about 15 miles on highway 6. Adams Co. sheriff is aware along with GI, Hastings and Kearney animal control.
The farmer who lives across from Norder Ag supply called the area neighbors to let them know, he is the one who dug me out. Familiy is ok, we drove away safety, just not with my buddy. Dog is the one on the avator. my number 308-362-4521....thanks for your help!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Lost dog by Hastings NE

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:22 am

Holy cow man, I sure am glad to hear you all are doing ok, and am sorry to hear about the dog, I wish you luck...

Chip

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:31 am

I don't blame the dog for running. I wouldn't want to ride with you either! Seriously, Merry Christmas, and I hope the dog is ok also. I believe everything will be fine. Best wishes
big steve

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:53 am

Glad everyone is safe. I forwarded this on to my friend he lives in alma and knows people in hastings also
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:24 pm

hope you stuck arround the scene and if you had to leave you returned and hung arround long enought for your dog to figure it all out and come in
imagine the dog is very scared and lonely

best luck to you and your buddy

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Hung around about 2 hours, by then it was midnight, kids were scared and ready to get to grandma's.......

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Any news on the dog yet?

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:41 am

Glad to hear you and your family were not injured!!! It sounds like you have a pretty decent chance of your dog being found. Good luck!!

Charle
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 pm

No news yet on the dog yet....was hoping over the weekend someone found him and would turn him in today. Not looking good, closing in on a week. Probably.....no, was the best hunting dog I had been around and he was going to be 4, just in his prime and had him trained just the way I wanted him. He knew what I wanted and I knew what he wanted......this stinks!

j-tatro

Post by j-tatro » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:33 pm

jkoehler

I am working in Hastings, and can drive around the area after work. My father in law works for the state maintaining the roads in Adams county I will let him know also.
What is the dogs name?
what direction did he run?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I had two dogs lost in my time, and it is a heartache.

I got one back and one I didn't. Praying something special happens for you. let us know.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 am

searched for a pic of your dog but couldn't find one. how about a left and right of your boy just in case any of us stumble on something.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 am

natetnc wrote:searched for a pic of your dog but couldn't find one. how about a left and right of your boy just in case any of us stumble on something.
I believe he mentioned in his first post that the dog was the one in his avatar.
big steve

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:21 am

won't help much if the shelter or HS post a pic of the other side. just saying a few larger pics might be helpful, avatars are very small.

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Any news? Have you tried placing a crate or dog box at the scene with a shirt of yours in it? An aquaintance of mine had a similar experience years ago. She was hurt pretty badly, so some friends went out a few days later with a crate and one of her sweaters. It took about a week, but the dog returned and they found it in the crate.

Aline
http://zzfarms.com
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 pm

The problem is that we've got about 2 foot of snow here in the last week. The crate would be tough to do with the wind and snow. Its a great idea. Its worked for me before at hunting spots.

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 pm

jtatro - That would be awesome to keep your ears open. Name is trigger and has a camo collar. I believe he headed north, north east after his box hit. I couldn't get out of my door, but I wanted to make sure the three kids were good to go, didn't think the box would have been tossed like that, so much for straps!
Headed back out might have something zzweirm to leave a shirt or something and see what happens.....
As far a pictures I will see what I have on my computer, basically all of them are like above, his other side has a spot just like the one shown.....

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Any luck on finding your dog yet?
Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck - "Cash"

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm

I am still hoping he shows up. An artic blast is coming again tomorrow, 30 below wind chill expected......

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:53 am

don't give up- my female Britt survived 2 &1/2 months in the wild- wasn't an easy winter

Phezman

Post by Phezman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Dog has run in him, thats for sure.
Just not sure if thats the kind of run thats needed :)

Hope he survives.
Its darn cold, coyotes and cars to boot

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

never know, someone might be doing him a favor and putting him up. did you put some info up at some of the local hot spots?

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 am

I think I have, all the little towns are aware, meaning those that are in charge of a lose dog. Also county sheriff knows, the local farmers know so I am assuming the coffee shops know. Post ad on a Nebraska hunting forum as well as craigslist........

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 am

Hope you get him back. Sounds like quite an ordeal. Glad it sounds like noone was hurt in the wreck. Might try going door to door in the area. Never know someone might be impressed enough with the bird dog that they found, or showed up on their doorstep, that they aren't trying real hard to find its owner.

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm

is he chiped and have the vets been told thats one thing they cant run from any can change a coller and make up a back ground story on where he came from

allso if he is chiped could one call the tracking place and ask that his chip be flaged. i know down here the first they do when you take a dog to the vet is check them for a chip then run that info aginst your DL

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:48 am

Never thought I would need him chipped, now I know why dog owners do that!! Brother in law went around the farms and knocked on doors and left his card while I went into towns and knocked on doors...I guess if someone we talked to wants to keep him there's nothing I can do about it....just wish Trig my best and hope he treats his new owners like he did me!