HIGHLANDS RISE AND SHINE

Highland Gundogs

HIGHLANDS RISE AND SHINE

Post by Highland Gundogs » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Here is a few pics of my pup Fancy that I bought from Ted at VZKennels. Shes coming along nicely Ted, thanks.
fancy 003.jpg
Retrieve
fancy 004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vzkennels

Re: HIGHLANDS RISE AND SHINE

Post by vzkennels » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm

I think her name fits her well Joel.Thank you for giving her the kind of home & chance I would like ALL my pups to have!! :D :D

LBH

Post by LBH » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Nice job Mr. Hilkert, she looks outstanding. I am hoping I can see her at the upcoming NSTRA trial if I can make it.

Ted, to say the least you know to breed a dog. I look forward to seeing updates on the other pups including Fancy in the future. 8)

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey birddoggin/phezman here is one of those worthless American GSPS,that can't take the weather in Utah even colder then Northern Ohio!!!! :lol:

birddoggin

Post by birddoggin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Is it a GSP or EP?

Looks nice either way.

No Midnight breedings I hope..

VZKennels...
Please tell us more lies about all of those month long -20F days you have in Cincinnati

The record temp of all time never even got that low..

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Joel here is a pic of Storm the male I kept from the litter.He went south to Ga with Chris past wk end for winter training camp. I had him across the Rd for a run in the field & when I came back he stopped to check out the pigeons in the avery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:05 pm

great looking dogs ted! I too am a fan of the saddle on the male. Who's the sire? Looks like another male i've seen.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Heres the ped for Pups & pic of SIRE (JAKE) Wendy is also dam of Avatar dog Star sired by NFC/FC Tonelli's Rising Sun

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1487

Highland Gundogs

Post by Highland Gundogs » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Storm looks great Ted. Did you you throw in a bit of Lab in that "midnight breeding"? Fancy is a retreiving fool.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 pm

That Lab breeding must have taken place yrs back because ALL my dogs going back to their Solid LVR GR mother Ginger are natural retrievers.Oh & even the white EP crosses as some call them retrieve from water naturally.The funny thing is I could put pics up of the Solid LVR dogs & no one would make that EP comment. :lol:

pks

Post by pks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Joel and Ted,
Both of those pups look incredibly nice, can't wait to see them in person. I think the breeding produced some real nice pups.
DEnnis

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks Dennis I appreciate that coming from you.
Jake belongs to Dennis Pennington an amateur that the pros hate to see show up & a pretty good WH trainer aswell.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Joel I see your going to run Fancy in NSTRA in a couple wks.Good Luck!! Let me know how that goes.
Here is another one of Littermates.Maxey :D

Highland Gundogs

Post by Highland Gundogs » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah Ted Im running her , shes pretty young, but shes been on a ton of wild birds. Should be fun...

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

She might even surprise a few of the older more experienced dogs,it sure won't hurt her any!! :D

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:47 am

Just a little update from Georgia on Storm,Chris likes what he sees so far.He said the puppy will run & loves birds !! :D

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Check out this pic of Fancy,I don't want to sound like I'm braggin but WOW!!!

TAK

Post by TAK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 pm

vzkennels wrote:Check out this pic of Fancy,I don't want to sound like I'm braggin but WOW!!!

I think it is that Joel guy! Seems to me, I aint seen him with a bad looking or good dog yet!

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm

I just want to wish Joel & Fancy GOOD LUCK at the upcoming Las Vegas trial in a few wks. :!: :!: :D

SFK

Post by SFK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Keep up the good work Ted! They sure look nice.

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:58 pm

vzkennels wrote:I just want to wish Joel & Fancy GOOD LUCK at the upcoming Las Vegas trial in a few wks. :!: :!: :D
Good luck as long as we are not in the same trial!...
But Ted really that Fancy is a nice looking dog. Pennington and you did a fine job with that cross... Joel also needs some credit here. He has her and the rest of his dogs looking really good... Clean, snappy dog work... Also Joel bred a litter that one of the pups ran also. The young male was something to look at...! This "Jet" is a dandy lookin feller!

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Tak Joel deserves ALL THE CREDIT,he is giving her the training & chance to be All she can be.Joel has some & bred some very nice dogs & is doing the best he can do by them.I wish I could send all my pups to homes like he has given Fancy.As far as him & you in the same stakes well,LET THE BEST DOG come out on top.GOOD LUCK! to all dogs running & have fun,that's what it's all about. :D

Highland Gundogs

Post by Highland Gundogs » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks guys, hey Tom, am I gonna get to see that Sly dog run in Mesquite?
Ted, I think you and I are cut from the same cloth, watching a pup from my breeding compete and do well this weekend was a thrill for me.

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:46 pm

[quote="Highland Gundogs"]Thanks guys, hey Tom, am I gonna get to see that Sly dog run in Mesquite?
[quote]

I don't know yet. I would like to. It all depends on how much time I can put into him between now and then... I am still up to my eyelids in snow! Now that it has stop'd snowing it has become stinkin cold... I am a fair weather trainer man! Give me around 40-70 degree's and dirt and I am all over it!

Here in the next couple of weeks I hope to maybe head out to them Faust grounds and run some dogs. I hear that there is dry ground out that way!

LBH

Post by LBH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Ted,

I stopped by the trial and talked with Joel just for a few minutes. I have not seen Fancy in the field yet.... but man is she fancy !! Happy, confident, and friendly. Is built very nice and has a great personality. To me that's just as important as anything. I hope to see Fancy lay it down sometime soon.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Here is another pup from this litter Reba,belongs to Chip Denham (LVRGSP) & Rick Riggs.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:33 pm

vzkennels wrote:Check out this pic of Fancy,I don't want to sound like I'm braggin but WOW!!!
It's not bragging, the picture speaks for itself!!! Although, there is nothing wrong with bragging on special dogs. :wink:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Highland Gundogs

Post by Highland Gundogs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Wow! Reba growed up, nice pup Chip.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Chip here is where I put Reba's pic first.Joel good luck to you & the dogs this wk end !!

Highland Gundogs

Post by Highland Gundogs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Ted, theres alot of nice dogs going from what I hear, we've been working hard. Should be several Utah fellers representing.