Hello, anyone

BeagleFan

Hello, anyone

Post by BeagleFan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm

I need to know if very low temperatures are harmfully for beagles. We have a wind chill of 10 right now. I think that if horrible for any animal to be in but my family member says they are used to it. They are only about 9 month old beagles and a 4 year old. I am worried sick about them. They have straw in their barrels and stuff.

postoakshorthairs

Re: Hello, anyone

Post by postoakshorthairs » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:24 pm

we raised beagles for years when i was a kid. as long as there is ample straw and protection from the wind they will be fine. My wife used to worry about the same thing until we found our golden sleeping outside of his dog his in the winter so he could cool down :D

BeagleFan

Post by BeagleFan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Thank You, I'm just a worrysome Mom. I love animals especially dogs. We also have a beagle as a house pet. This hunting dogs experience is new to me and I'm freaky out over some of the condition you see. I wish we didn't live in a neighbor and we could bring them here, I would feel better that at a place where all the pens are.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm

I always put the insulated dog house on 2x4s instead of on the ground. The wind can be a killer; make sure the dog house is in a sheltered spot.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Keep them dry and out of the wind with plenty of bedding and they will be fine.

One of my setters slept on top of her insulated house (dog den 2) last night, the temp was in the teens. :D