international show title

gozz21

international show title

Post by gozz21 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Just wondered if anyone does this with their gsps. What do you have to do at the show? I think this may be a good way to justify that your dog conformationally correct without having to enter the show ring and compete against other dogs. From what I understand it is based on the standard and you need 3 passes in order to get the title from 3 different judges. Anyone have any experience with this or opinions?

thanks
jason

gozz21

Re: international show title

Post by gozz21 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm

What does your dog have to do? What heel and whoa be good enough for commands?

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 pm

The judges look at conformation and movement and you get a written critique of your dog against the standard. It's kind of interesting to see what they have to say, sometimes when you compare you have to wonder if they were all looking at the same dog. Of the three passes you need judges from at least two countries so if you enter make sure to check who your judges are. You go through the same basic paces as an AKC show, stack the dog for the judge, gait the dog down and back then around the ring for the judge to see the dog move.
Try to catch a dog show on TV and you'll get a good idea of what you need to do. Practice stacking the dog in a decent show stance, and teach them to stand still for the judge to go over them. Work on trotting the dog so you get good natural movement.

MOOSE

Post by MOOSE » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:38 pm

I will be doing this with my girl Phoenix this year in July. She already had her UKC CH and has 1 leg toward her Grand CH in UKC and if she could be shown AKC I would but she is black. So I feel as long as I can get the UKC Grand and an international for the time being this will be enough in my opinion. I am excited to go and try it out and get actual written feedback. That will be nice. I would HIGHLY suggest practicing though as a dog who hasn't had stacking practice or gating practice is no fun in the ring. :-)
Beth
UWP GRCH UMJCH BNJ Shooter's Rising Phoenix CGC-GSP
USUV UMJCH Flying High Rajah TDI- APBT
UJJ CH Legacyk FlwCrk The Old Peublo RD- GSP
UWP UCD UMJ URO1 GRCH BNJ Rumor Has It CGC RN RD NA II- GSP