gun control

live4point

gun control

Post by live4point » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Anyone heard about a bill that has been introduced that calls for all firearms to be listed on your tax return,and being taxed $50. per gun? I was passed an email about this and wondered if others had heard of this?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: gun control

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:36 pm

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Man I love snopes.com

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 am

Don't get too comfortable Look at HR 45. by Bobby Rushhttp://thomas.loc.gov/ also check out HR257
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am

HR 45 has been proposed for the past 3 or 4 years. Due to nobody wanting to co-sponsor this bill it has never made it out of committee and it appears that it is it's fate again.

Kyle Wintersteen

Post by Kyle Wintersteen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am

There's a pile of false info circulating about SB-2099 and HR 45.

HR 45, although a registration scheme, does not pose an immediate threat. Many bills are introduced with full knowledge that they will not go anywhere. As of now it has only a sponsor, without any co-sponsors. It is in a committee and is not up for a vote. You can find more information about it on the NRA-ILA web page here: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Feder ... px?id=4329. Look for updates at http://www.nraila.org and in NRA magazines.

The alleged $50 gun tax in SB-2099 is simply not true. Someone took an old e-mail discussing an old bill from 2000 and changed the date. There is no such bill in the current Congress, and the emails about SB2099 being sent around are false and unnecessary distractions from real threats. The $50 tax was proposed by a bill in 2000, not this year, and would have taxed the manufacture of each gun, not its possession.

You can read more about this rumor on the NRA-ILA website here: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Feder ... px?id=5098. Please let your friends know that this bill is a hoax.

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 am

ACooper wrote:Man I love snopes.com
Be careful with snopes. They are a very far left liberal couple that have put false information on their site when it suits their agenda.
One of the hunting sites I frequent posted a thread about a story (insurance agent for a major Insurance company, agent had a McCain/Palen sign, corporate office made him remove the sign) that snopes claimed was false, but he posted the pictures that proved it was true along with a statement from the agent that verified he was told by corporate to remove any pro McCain/Palen signs.
They are also anti hunting, anti 2nd amendment, tree huggers.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:20 pm

A/C Guy wrote:
ACooper wrote:Man I love snopes.com
Be careful with snopes. They are a very far left liberal couple that have put false information on their site when it suits their agenda.
One of the hunting sites I frequent posted a thread about a story (insurance agent for a major Insurance company, agent had a McCain/Palen sign, corporate office made him remove the sign) that snopes claimed was false, but he posted the pictures that proved it was true along with a statement from the agent that verified he was told by corporate to remove any pro McCain/Palen signs.
They are also anti hunting, anti 2nd amendment, tree huggers.
Okay... let me get this straight. You are claiming that Snopes, a site that is regarded by many as the premier source to debunk urban myths and untruths, is unreliable based on a THREAD about a STORY that someone posted about someone else? <sigh> Can you say "hearsay"?

As for the rest, well you might want to tone down the paranoia just a bit...
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:58 pm

It's true. I checked the snopes story out on snopes........................ :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.