Got my new pup Wed., and he's gonna be a goodun!

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Got my new pup Wed., and he's gonna be a goodun!

Post by AHGSP » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:26 pm

Just received my new pup Wed. He is out of Brenda's (Snips) Logan and Dalin Kennels Spice Girl(one of Snips pups). He has an awesome temperament and his nose never stops. I almost hate to say it and upset those who have fought the battle of a new pup in the house, butttt, he sleeps at the foot of the bed, wakes me to go out and housetrained in 2 days! If it is of consolation, he is teething and still learning what can and cannot be chewed! Of course he has the rest of the pack to show him around and "explain" what is acceptable.

Here are a few pix.

and his pedigreehttp://almostheavengsps.netkennel.com/P ... D%20Himmel
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

pear

Post by pear » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:15 pm

LOL who's bed is it anyway? Nice looking pup, man. Hope to see him soon............"pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:08 pm

Nice looking pup.

Mine is from Walnut Hill also

<-----
Last edited by Jon on Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:14 pm

You sure went to the right person for a GSP

Good looking Boy....and better be careful abusing him like you are :wink:

Hope you have a king size bed...it ceases to amaze me how much bed a dog can cover lol
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:23 pm

He looks nice Bruce. Mine is an alligator, but has turned into quite a house girl. I can`t believe she is out of my sweet Spice, and Logan. But I love her attitude!
brenda

Vizslaguy

Post by Vizslaguy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:43 pm

VERY good looking pup.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:01 pm

That second pic makes him look like he all ears. Sure he isn't a Basset. :lol: :lol: :shock:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:42 am

The bigger the ears, the better the dog. :!: :P :lol:

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:40 am

Nice Pup Kevin.

Hey Snips I noticed DC Hillhaven Hustler a couple of generations back. You a friend of Dave Hills?

Regards,

Rob :wink:

larue

Post by larue » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:53 pm

rob,I do not know if you knew it,but dave hill was the guy who
planted all weekend at the 4 lakes walking trial you ran at .
HIs wife jan was also here,for a little walking trial we had some
big names in gsp's,with joe vicari,and dave hill.In fact I believe that they both judged the gspca futurity the last two years.
Dave and jan are long time trialers who will take the time to talk to anyone,if you ever get a chance to talk to them,they are great to talk to.
Charlie blackbourne also is a great guy to talk to,about the past,or the future.If you ever get a chance to watch his old roller dog run,I would do it,a very classy gundog.
If I remember correctly your max dog tracked a wild pheasant right at the breakaway in the am gundog,a tough break.
I hope you had a positive experience at the 4 lakes trial.

Fieldmaster

Post by Fieldmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:34 pm

Bruce,
Nice looking puppy. Well bred also. Best of luck with him.

Larue,
Do you have the results of that walking trial. I would like to see Charlies Roller dog run also. Seen Joe's dogs run. I have talked with Charlie about Roller and have considered going back to him. Are the Hills still running dogs and breeding ? Would be nice to see what they have running and breeding.

Robert
Fieldmaster's Shorthairs
"Selective Breeding at it's Finest"

Selectively Breeding Outstanding
Dual Quality Shorthairs

http://www.fieldmastersshorthairs.com/

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:54 pm

Larue,

Yes I know Dave, I spoke with him a few times at the trial. I know him through a mutual friend(Bill Kepler). I met Charlie at the trial I had met him and his wife at the spring horse back trial this year as well.

I had a good time at the trial I walked about 7 or 8 braces on Saturday and walked 3 on Sunday(the weather was just to bad on Sunday)

Yes I had a good time, and yes my Max dog had a ruff run of it on both Sat and Sun, although I was suprised with my pup he ended up second in puppy and a 4th in derby. I had a good time and met some nice people. I am sure I will see you at the 4 Lakes trial this spring, I of course will be the guy walking again :lol:

I hope you put this event on again next year.

Regards,

Rob :wink:

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:30 pm

Hi Rob. I only met the Hills once on my way to Mn to a NSTRA Trial. Thats when Snips Ticked Off (Rip) was still running and they wanted to see him. She had several of my bitches to breed at various times, so it was good chatting with them. I spent half the day there and enjoyed the conversation. Rip is still around at 14 (going on 2). Probably the last of Hustlers offspring still alive. The dog in the pic on the left is Logan, the sire of the pup, and grandson of Hustler.
brenda

gone

Post by gone » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:48 am

Very nice