vizsla pedigree

vikings269

vizsla pedigree

Post by vikings269 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:25 pm

I just obtained an almost 2 yr old intact vizsla whom the previous owner had planned to breed and although some of the behaviors of an intact male at that age are quite undesirable I'd like to know what I have before he gets snipped so if anyone can tell me what I got here I would appreciate it.
SIRE-JACKPOT EMMITT; HR STALKR ZUES-H R STALKER ATHENA; LAKESIDE LUKE SKYWALKER-REBEL ROUSER VOM SPARKENHOLZ/ MORNING SKY MISTA BONE-MORNING SKY SOUTHERN BELLE

DAM-JACKPOT EMILY ELIZABETH; NICK'S SAMSON BULLET-PHEASANT POPPERS PENNY; IKE OF NORTH CEDAR-REBEL ROUSER LUCILLE/ CHEAPEST DUTCH DAWN-SAMANTHA PENNY MACK VOLLINK

Thanks for anyone who can chime in on this breeding as I need advice and feel free to be honest as ya cant hurt my feelings,(its not like i chose the breeding) at worse I got a great dog that would be best off being snipped. At best maybe he is worth keeping intact and I should do what his previous owner planned and breed him. Either way I really like him and can tell he would make me proud in the field already.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: vizsla pedigree

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:59 am

If you don't have a clear reason to breed the dog, don't breed. Paper means nothing without proof of the pudding. Especially in this case where there is nothing on the paper either.

Vman

Post by Vman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:03 am

If you don't have a clear reason to breed the dog, don't breed. Paper means nothing without proof of the pudding. Especially in this case where there is nothing on the paper either.
I`ll second that.

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 am

I agree with Greg. Looking at the pedigree that you posted, I do not see anything that would excite me about this dog. Not saying that he isn't a good dog, I just don't see it in the pedigree. I would just enjoy the dog and maybe look for something else later on. While the paper does not mean everything, it does help show past potential. I have a female V that has a pretty weak pedigree but she is a great dog. She has been spayed since a young dog and has been a great dog for me. She did not loose anything by not being bred. She also has a lot of health reasons that I would not want to continue. I have another V that has a strong pedigree but due to other issues, we have decided not to breed her either. Just because a dog has a strong pedigree with CH and field titles does not mean that it should be bred. Lots of decisions have to be made.

Good luck
Jeff

vikings269

Post by vikings269 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks Jeff Thats the information I was looking for. I was leaning towards spaying him anyway as he is about the right age for that. Like I said the previous owner had planned to breed him so I was just a little curious as to what I had before I got him snipped.

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 am

I recognize the Morning Sky dogs but that is about it. They are nice dogs with good hunting ability but unless you really want to breed, I don't see any reason to.

Carla

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 am

It might be a nice dog, but most of the pedigree names are unfamiliar to me, and there's just not enough there to make me jump up and down.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"