Newbie Help: DT Systems: Micro-iDT Collars or others?

JeffN

Newbie Help: DT Systems: Micro-iDT Collars or others?

Post by JeffN » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 am

Hey, everyone. New here and need your thoughts/experiences on a collar purchase for a new pup. I'm getting a female American Water Spaniel that will go about 35 pounds when mature and I would like to get a new collar for her training program. I like the DT Systems: Micro-iDT Collars, since it seems to be smaller and will fit a smaller dog like mine better, but I'm also looking at the TT G3, SD 1825, or the Dogtra units. Can anyone give me some opinions on the DT Systems: Micro-iDT Collars as compared to the others? I'm looking at the lesser priced models, etc. Also, do you think the tone or vibration option is better?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Jeff

FLocker

Re: Newbie Help: DT Systems: Micro-iDT Collars or others?

Post by FLocker » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:20 pm

I just bought a micro IDT for my English Cocker (25-30 lbs). It was on the advice of a full-time spaniel trainer. Works flawlessly so far. Only other advice he gave me was to not buy the non-expandable unit, even if you are a one-dog guy, as it makes repairs/service much easier if you have the expandable system. The non-expandable system is currently on clearance at GDS for $145, but i think i paid $175 or so for mine.

If you are a real duck hunter, id get a fully waterproof transmitter though.

Good to have more spaniel-types here.