2010 National Bird Dog Championship

BrettBryan

Re: 2010 National Bird Dog Championship

Post by BrettBryan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:20 am

Last edited by BrettBryan on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 am

BrettBryan wrote:Does anyone else out there believe we have set the english pointer breed back by not allowing pointer bitches to be bred to Ch Miller's White Powder?

The best dog i have seen on the ground was out of Powder. What a dam shame. Seems to have hurt the English Pointer breed IMO.
I agree 100%. I never understood why the dog's were punished and black listed. It's a shame that they (Dateline and White Powder) could'nt have been sold or giving to Lester, Anderson, Phillips or the highest bidder to trial and breed. It has without a dout set back the Pointer breed. I personally prefer Dateline dogs but what is he. Oh yeah, a son of Powder. It just makes no sense and I believe it was done just to punish the HOF breeder/trainer/handler but in turn it just punished the pointer breed.

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Duane M

Post by Duane M » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 am

Ron R wrote:
BrettBryan wrote:Does anyone else out there believe we have set the english pointer breed back by not allowing pointer bitches to be bred to Ch Miller's White Powder?

The best dog i have seen on the ground was out of Powder. What a dam shame. Seems to have hurt the English Pointer breed IMO.
I agree 100%. I never understood why the dog's were punished and black listed. It's a shame that they (Dateline and White Powder) could'nt have been sold or giving to Lester, Anderson, Phillips or the highest bidder to trial and breed. It has without a dout set back the Pointer breed. I personally prefer Dateline dogs but what is he. Oh yeah, a son of Powder. It just makes no sense and I believe it was done just to punish the HOF breeder/trainer/handler but in turn it just punished the pointer breed.

Ron
Muxh agreed but politics and sour grapes won out over common sense unfortunately. Now bring on the holier than thous to tell us how bad a thing it was. :lol: :roll:

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 am

Can anyone say "hijack"? IMHO, this doesn't belong on this thread. It should have it's own thread and not take away attention from the NBDC and/or it's winner.

May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 am

Greydawg,

There you go, sorry. I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. It just got me to thinking what a nice sire White Powder was.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

GrayDawg wrote:Can anyone say "hijack"? IMHO, this doesn't belong on this thread. It should have it's own thread and not take away attention from the NBDC and/or it's winner.

X2 - Don't mind reading about the subject AGAIN, but start a new thread. Let's not have anything here that takes away from " In the Shadow's " tremendous performance. Thanks.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 am

GrayDawg wrote:Can anyone say "hijack"? IMHO, this doesn't belong on this thread. It should have it's own thread and not take away attention from the NBDC and/or it's winner.
In all fairness, the trial is over but you are right, it does deserve it's own thread. :D

Is it just me or does it seem that in the AA world it does'nt come down to who has the best dog but rather who has the best Miller dog. 8)

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Ron R wrote:
In all fairness, the trial is over but you are right, it does deserve it's own thread. :D

Is it just me or does it seem that in the AA world it does'nt come down to who has the best dog but rather who has the best Miller dog. 8)

Ron
Proofs in the pudding 8)
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Congratulations to In the Shadow, Carl Bowman, and the Gates team!