Arkansas bird hunting

High Brass

Arkansas bird hunting

Post by High Brass » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 pm

I have a job offer in the Little Rock, Arkansas area. What are the bird hunting and training opportunities in that part of the world. I hope it is better than central Illinois where we live now.
Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: Arkansas bird hunting

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Quail hunting is poor, duck hunting good, goose hunting excellent. Pointing dog training at Camp Robinson SUA is the best in the country, they release birds and allow training except when there is a trial or other event. It is so good that I drive 3 hours to train there 2 or 3 times a year, and I have access to about 12,000 acres of private ground to train on

House and land prices are reasonable, $250,00 will buy you a 2,500 Square Foot house on a fenced ten acres and a barn.

PM for more info,

Neil

FLocker

Re: Arkansas bird hunting

Post by FLocker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Arkansas is ground zero for retriever folks, but if you have a good gun dog of any type, my guess is that you'll make friends fast.