Our new addition

daniel77

Our new addition

Post by daniel77 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

My son, Wyatt, and I got back Monday night with our new ES puppy. Wyatt has named him Jelly Bean. He's 7 1/2 wks old and actually hit a nice 4 second point when we were walking around and he saw the breeders quail in the flight pen. I felt like a proud new papa. We got this pup from Spin Top Kennels http://www.spintopkennel.com/ in extreme north/central Alabama. Mr. David Holt is a teacher and retired coach who raises EPs, GSPs, ESs, and Brits. This pup is from his second breeding by his Buffy and Sarge, both are registered FDSB.
I must say that I am extremely impressed with this pup so far. He is very friendly and smart, but I can not get over how bold he is. We came back to south Louisiana by way of the Mississippi River levee and stopped several times to let the pup and boy romp and stretch their legs. This puppy has gone up and down that levee a couple dozen times at least, and been stepped on and for a good ole fashion kid draggin' too. Of course there is still a lot of ground to cover, but I am highly impressed with this pup, who has yet to have an accident, and also very impressed with the breeder. We had the deposit down before the litter was even whelped, and Mr. Holt was great with the communication and sending us pics. He even had a really nice info packet for us when we left. His pups are also VERY reasonably priced. I'd certainly recommend him to anyone looking.

Enough talk, here are some pics.

And he's even just about gun broke
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Birddogz

Re: Our new addition

Post by Birddogz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Nothing better than a boy, a BB gun, and a puppy. Looks like a Norman Rockwell picture. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Priceless!!!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Congrats Daniel,that's the way a puppy & a boy should be raised !! :D :wink:

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Awesome pics, good looking pup. Congrats !!

TexasAggie09

Post by TexasAggie09 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Wow, i am having flashbacks!

I was nine when I got my first english setter pup. He was a ringer for your pup. Some ticking, a full black mask, and endless energy so we could wear each other out. I named him bandit, which was fitting. Your pictures brought back alot of great memories, and I am sure your son will gain those over the pups life. Your a very special dad for bringing that joy into your sons life. Not to mention, you have another hunting buddy....never a bad thing :)

Good luck and keep us updated!

tn red

Post by tn red » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:57 pm

You have two nice looking young men there enjoy and congrats

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Great looking pup! I really like the look of those ES over the orange and white. Just my preference tho....

Best of luck with the pup...

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:22 pm

awesome pictures good luck

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:57 am

tn red wrote:You have two nice looking young men there enjoy and congrats
No doubt.

The world needs more good dads like you!

I got my son a pup when he was just a little older. I have ZERO regrets and lots of positive memories from that time.

Enjoy both of them, they grow up awfully quickly! :D