Sad, sad day today

A/C Guy

Sad, sad day today

Post by A/C Guy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 pm

... the last puppy just drove away. :cry:

I know that we are not supposed to become attached to them, even knowing for all 8 weeks that they belong to someone else, but I can't help but feel sad. The last 2 were the most attached to us. Yesterday when the second to last was put in her kennel in her owner's truck, she whimpered and cried for me, I made the mistake of looking at her face and seeing her look to me as she whimpered. I felt bad last night and wished that I had not sold her. Now, today, the last little guy left. Even our sire knew something was different, he acted concerned that he wasn't allowed in the vehicle with the last puppy. When they closed their doors, he started running around the vehicle looking to get in with the puppy. I think he knows. At least he will forget in a day or two. It will take longer for me. :cry:
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.

Birddogz

Re: Sad, sad day today

Post by Birddogz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 pm

I thought this was going to be about a dog dying. :cry: I understand it is difficult, but hopefully they all went to great homes. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:25 pm

As sad as you are, dad, that's how ECSTATIC the new owners are. Do you remember what it was like driving to the breeder and getting a new pup, especially if you were a kid, or maybe it was your first bird dog?

You've done your duty, and by your response, I can see your heart was in it.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 pm

I hear you A/C guy. I still get very upset when I hear a pup I sold is fat and not being hunted or a guy says, ' She's no good!" because he's a lousy trainer. Rips at my heart.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Sharon wrote:I hear you A/C guy. I still get very upset when I hear a pup I sold is fat and not being hunted or a guy says, ' She's no good!" because he's a lousy trainer. Rips at my heart.
I've told each one that if they have any questions about training or need any help, to call me. I don't expect any reports of the dogs not living up to their potential. I will take back any one of them if the new owner is unable to train the dog.

AzHusker, you are right, they all were very ecstatic.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.

Boxa

Post by Boxa » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:02 pm

Sharon wrote:I hear you A/C guy. I still get very upset when I hear a pup I sold is fat and not being hunted or a guy says, ' She's no good!" because he's a lousy trainer. Rips at my heart.
I agree... tough day but you are doing the right thing. I always try to stay in touch with folks who have one of "my dogs" and yes, they are always "mine". Usually if the genetics are there and you get them introduced to birds and guns a lot of the other stuff starts to fall into place.
Caleb F. Bryson
Bryson's Boxa Kennel

FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Briarpatch Baby SH
FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Lucky St. Lindy SH
DC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Wendell W. Woodbriar

ecater2218

Post by ecater2218 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Aww. Great post A/C. Your heart WAS truly in it.

D2shorthairs

Post by D2shorthairs » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:57 am

It will all be worth it when you get a call or an email telling you how much the new owners are enjoying the pup or how great the dog is doing. I get pictures of my dogs pointing, or with all the birds they shot on a hunt and I get Christmas cards with the family and the dog pictured on them.................it's awesome! And makes it all worth it.

David

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:07 am

A/C Guy wrote:... the last puppy just drove away. :cry:

I know that we are not supposed to become attached to them, even knowing for all 8 weeks that they belong to someone else, but I can't help but feel sad. The last 2 were the most attached to us. Yesterday when the second to last was put in her kennel in her owner's truck, she whimpered and cried for me, I made the mistake of looking at her face and seeing her look to me as she whimpered. I felt bad last night and wished that I had not sold her. Now, today, the last little guy left. Even our sire knew something was different, he acted concerned that he wasn't allowed in the vehicle with the last puppy. When they closed their doors, he started running around the vehicle looking to get in with the puppy. I think he knows. At least he will forget in a day or two. It will take longer for me. :cry:
I look at it as a happy day that leaves a lonesome feeling for a couple of days. But the reason for raising the pups was to maybe get one for yourself and to make some one else really happy. I just can't feel bad for very long when I made a lot of people happy especially if some of them are children or young men and women who have dreamed of having their own dog. The over flowing joy expressed by those people just fill up any empty space in my heart so there is little room for sadness.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 am

If you are still feeling bad go read The New Addition thread on here. That will show you what your sad day was all about.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

LokiandGunnar

Post by LokiandGunnar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Are you kidding me? We went up and saw the YLM pup we are getting in two weeks and they looked great!! 10 hour round trip. My excitement level is at least as great as how sad you are. It cannot happen fast enough. They are soooooooo cute. I am truly sorry for your "loss" but look at what you did for the people that are getting the pups. Not everyone can breed pups and give them the proper attention. Even if I had the space I couldn't do it.

SierraMtnBrits

Post by SierraMtnBrits » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Wow, that makes me sad, and my pups aren't even here yet! At least I get to keep one... Letting them go is going to be hard for me too.
~ Yvonne

Happiness is a house full of Brittanys!
www.sierramtnbrittanys.weebly.com
Home to Bang, Trip and Sheldon
Rancho Haven, Nevada

NNV Rebel's Blazn Lil' MissFire JH (Bang)

NNV Bang's Triple Threat Tri (Trip)
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!