Our GSP scared the crap out of me!

GSP 4 me

Our GSP scared the crap out of me!

Post by GSP 4 me » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 am

I thought this story was too funny not to share with all of you.

Earlier this week, my wife was feeling very ill and got up around 2 a.m. and then crashed on the couch in the living room instead of coming back to bed. Our GSP sleeps in the center of the living room on his dog bed. At around 3 a.m. when we were all sound asleep, our GSP lets out a howl. As I'm waking up, he belts out an even louder one that made me say What the ( was that????????. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! This last howl was so loud and long, that I thought I was in the middle of a wolf pack....and don't forget, I was in a different room. My poor wife was only a few feet away when this all went down and I could hear her frantically tell the dog to wake up. Apparently the dog was having a dream, and belted out some howls rather than the cute little hiccup barks he typically does while dreaming. This was the first time I've ever heard him howl in the 3+ years we've had him. I guess I'll be a little better prepared the next time it happens. :lol:

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: Our GSP scared the crap out of me!

Post by birddog1968 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:59 pm

My lab will bellow like a banshee every now and then (real long and hollow howl)......its interesting to hear the call of the wild
from what you thought was a pet..... :D
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm

We have a close friend with a Beagle that gets my dog howling, its the only time he ever howls and its like a sub-woofer.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Ours do similar things.

The joke when I was growing up was that they were chasing rabbits in their sleep.

I don't guess it's been *proven*, but it seems pretty obvious that they're dreaming. Just makes you wonder what they're dreaming about, doesn't it?

Our V *loves* to go places with us. He sits in the back seat of the truck and intently watches everything we go by. I'd give $100 to know what is going on in that brain of his.

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 am

I'd give $100 to know what is going on in that brain of his.
He is thinking of all the all the animals hiding out there. Our dogs do the same thing. Intently watching and looking for critters.

You can mail me a check. :D
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 am

birddog1968 wrote:My lab will bellow like a banshee every now and then (real long and hollow howl)......its interesting to hear the call of the wild
from what you thought was a pet..... :D
Our male does that when play fighting with our female.

It was interesting when she was 2 weeks from whelping, she stopped playing rough with him. Then while the puppies were here, she also had a different attitude with him. But the first day after the last puppy left, she was her old self and started wrestling with him. He was so happy that he let out several long howls like a wolf during their wrestling and play fight. He was so happy that life was back to normal and he had his wresting partner back.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.