The Sequel

Elkhunter

The Sequel

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Been a little bored at work lately so I have been doing a little bit more training than usual. Took the hounds out for another jaunt tonight and things are looking up... Woody is doing better than I had hoped for, he is stopping at scent and standing for about 45 seconds to a minute then takes off chasing and barking for awhile.

I thought this was a cool picture, its hard to get detail in the face with the dark haired dogs...

Casper

Re: The Sequel

Post by Casper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:30 pm

He sure is a nice looking boy. Doctored them up a bit for you. Hope you don't mind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks, with the shorthair I always lose the detail on his face.

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

They are such great pics with great looking dogs. Wish I had a better editing program. So many pics with a touch here and a touch there turn out to be outstanding pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah, taking pics outdoors with a point-and-shoot camera almost never gives you the perfect lighting scenario. But add a bit of photoshop magic, and every pic you take is a potential blue ribbon winner at the local art fair. :mrgreen:
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Its hard to do it all at the same time to, he is a young pup that moves fast so I want to make sure I pop the bird as soon as he moves. So I am trying to keep up with him, juggle the "bleep" camera and work the dang popper remote all at the same time!

cody

Post by cody » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:27 pm

he is stopping at scent and standing for about 45 seconds to a minute then takes off chasing and barking for awhile.
I have a EP approx the same age that does the exact same thing (the barking part). She knows I don't like so she will wait until she gets clear out there and starts barking. Does anybody know if this is something they grow out off?

Nice pictures by the way.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:23 am

I couldn't stand to see your pointer not get his credit either so I doctored these pics and took away a bit of the light to bring out the detail. I hope you don't mind this either. I downloaded a free image resizer and editer called FastStone Photo Resizer. Try it. I really like it and I have Photoshop as well. Photoshop is a bit confusing to me so I just use FastStone.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:32 am

cody wrote:
he is stopping at scent and standing for about 45 seconds to a minute then takes off chasing and barking for awhile.
I have a EP approx the same age that does the exact same thing (the barking part). She knows I don't like so she will wait until she gets clear out there and starts barking. Does anybody know if this is something they grow out off?

Nice pictures by the way.
Every dog I have ever owned did the same thing. Bark and chase. I think its a good sign of their prey drive, just pumped up and wantin ya to know!

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:33 am

Tommy thanks for the compliments, I got a new Nikon D3000 that I have been messing with, I just need to get a better idea on how to doctor the picutres afterwards. I like the brighter picture you posted. Just gotta figure it out I guess. How is the new pup coming along?

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:42 am

They are all doing great. I have been running my 6 month old with her momma lately and I think I am going to try and run her by herself tomorrow if the snow melts off like it is supposed to. We got another big snow storm yesterday and tonight but it is supposed to get up in the mid 50's tomorrow. I have been running them on wild pheasant so I may take her out alone tomorrow. The really young pups I have are really doing well. They are out in the kennel with a heat lamp in their barrel with a lot of grass hay for bedding so they are warm and snug. I can't wait for them to get a bit bigger so I can turn them out in the yard with the other dogs. The 6 month old tries to play with them but they are only 7 weeks and she plays too rough with them and my 2 1/2 year old pointer female does not seem to like them much right now but she will get used to them. Thanks for asking. I will try and get some pics posted tomorrow if I can get out.

I just purchased a new action sports video camera that I am going to start taking with me to video my training sessions and then this fall I am going to strap it to my gun barrel and video some hunting scenes to post on here. It hasn't arrived yet but as soon as it does I will start videoing everything. This video camera is like a helmet cam and comes with the mounts for handle bars, velcro strap to wear on the helmet or hat or to strap to the gun barrel and is waterproof and shock proof so I am really excited about it.

philbous

Post by philbous » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:15 pm

hi,

how did the action cam do? do you like it? if so, what brand and model is it?

thanks,