Judges gifts

Rich Heaton

Judges gifts

Post by Rich Heaton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Now that field trial is season is coming to a close I was wondering what everybody saw out there for judges gifts? Also what did some of the clubs do for the winners and runner ups or placing dogs?

Jackets/vests seemed popular this year and the Bruce Fox plaques,,,,, just looking for new ideas.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Re: Judges gifts

Post by DGFavor » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Now is that one vest you got judging this spring just a vest? or is it some sort of high tech life preserver? Looks to me like it should float, stop a bullet and be fire resistant. Only one way we're gonna find all that out though - you wanna start with me throwing you in the river, propping you up downrange at the gunclub (you can wear eye and ear protection of course), or jump right to the fire walk??

Gifts can be tought to figure out - I'll firmly state, it depends. I'm sure pros with every widget/gadget/tool they need would like cash or gift card to get something they really need. As an amateur, I'd probably prefer something more to remember the deal, like a jacket, vest, hat, nicely done picture of the grounds, etc. - hold the tar and feathers.

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 pm

Yea the vest is pretty cool,,, I just need to get'er broke in so when I sit down I don't have to unzip it to see out.

Any neat homemade plaques out there?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 pm

What would be nice is an engraved pocket or hunting knife. Have no idea what they would cost but if a large enough group would order I bet Case would make them very reasonable.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Good idea Ezzy,,,, this year we gave away 2 engraved Leatherman Waves that seemed to be a big hit.

Does anybody know how to get a cool belt buckle for under a $100. We would need 6 of them if that helps.

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 am

Unless they make a buckle the size of a bottle cap :mrgreen: ...they are considerably more than a $100. We do Montana buckles for the GSCA National, with the engraving, if that's what you choose to call it, they are about $200.
Dan

gcrumlich

Post by gcrumlich » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 am

Try this website, pretty large selection of buckles...

http://bandbbuckles.com/catalog/

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:53 pm

I would much rather get most anything than money, something to remember it by.

Ross Young the artist is doing some pretty nice coffee mugs,

Neil

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Rich Heaton wrote:Good idea Ezzy,,,, this year we gave away 2 engraved Leatherman Waves that seemed to be a big hit.

Does anybody know how to get a cool belt buckle for under a $100. We would need 6 of them if that helps.

At the time you was looking about $120... I think you can get one like this for around or under $150. The lettering is what is costly.
Montanasilver.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Wow on the belt buckles!!!!!!! They are very nice, but it would have to be a major championship.

I couldn't find the Ross Young coffee mugs for sale, I have some, but they were a gift. I will contact Ross and see where and if you can buy them.

But TBI has throw pillows and floor mats for under $25.00 for small weekend trials and the like:

http://www.tbicatalog.com/index.htm

Neil

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm

What would be really cool is to get a Saddle! http://www.sawtoothsaddle.com/index.php
Well I guess that is a bit pricey, but Tack would also be a great gift. I am sure there is some good saddle makers around everywhere that could even make ya some roading harneses.....

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Yea the buckles look way cool. Would an etched set of wine glasses or whiskey glasses be appreciated?

I personally think the judges like something they can remember the event by rather than money. The Pacific Coast is an Open trial therefore we already give away half the purse to the winners but having something to give to the owners like a plaque or buckle is nice too.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Crumrine Jewelry, Buckles and trophies in Reno, NV give Montana Silversmiths a run for the money in the budget dept and they do a BEAUTIFUL JOB They have done several FT Championship buckles, NSTRA Buckles etc... and they are about 1/2 of what Montana SilverSmith wants
here is an example and link
http://www.culturedcowboy.com/crumrine/ ... uckles.htm

I know for a fact that they have a Brittany head fob as a stock item now...they built it for me and the Western All Age Championship back in 2005
They have pheasant, quail and chukar and I think a GSP head too.....may have expanded things since the last time I ordered from them.
Alice Thompson is the gal to talk to if she is still with the company.

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Kiki's Mom wrote:Crumrine Jewelry, Buckles and trophies in Reno, NV give Montana Silversmiths a run for the money in the budget dept and they do a BEAUTIFUL JOB They have done several FT Championship buckles, NSTRA Buckles etc... and they are about 1/2 of what Montana SilverSmith wants
here is an example and link
http://www.culturedcowboy.com/crumrine/ ... uckles.htm

I know for a fact that they have a Brittany head fob as a stock item now...they built it for me and the Western All Age Championship back in 2005
They have pheasant, quail and chukar and I think a GSP head too.....may have expanded things since the last time I ordered from them.
Alice Thompson is the gal to talk to if she is still with the company.

Thanks for the link! They are very well priced... I have delt with them in the past also and will again I am sure..! But I have got to say the GSP they have looks a bit more like a Pointer....

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 pm

I have done jackets or Carhart vests, ect with my embriodery with whatever breed dog they have and or Kennel name....
brenda

Rich Heaton

Post by Rich Heaton » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 pm

TAK wrote:But I have got to say the GSP they have looks a bit more like a Pointer
Yea I noticed that too,,,,,,,,,, weird wasn't it,, who's been leaking info to the belt buckle companies is what I want to know. :D
Kiki's Mom wrote:Crumrine Jewelry, Buckles and trophies in Reno, NV
Thanks,,, that's a great lead.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 pm

TAK wrote:But I have got to say the GSP they have looks a bit more like a Pointer....
That tail is a little long, eh? :lol:
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 am

Here is the response I got from Ross Young:

No one is marketing the mugs yet, but I have been thinking about it.

$18 per mug plus shipping. Mugs are drop shipped to the club from the printer (saves on shipping costs). 4 mug minimum per order.

These mugs are like the one I gave you in February.

If you are interested I can let you know what images are available for the mugs. I can also put the the trial name on them. Otherwise I will shamelessly promote myself. I will need order information at least 3 weeks before the trial date.

rossyoungart@gmail.com
I think he can cover most breeds, contact him or go to his web site.

Neil

gmanksu

Post by gmanksu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Something that not everyone has in the embroidered logo print department is to get a set of the canvas insulated saddle bags with the logo of the trial on them.

remmy

Post by remmy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Neil wrote:Here is the response I got from Ross Young:

No one is marketing the mugs yet, but I have been thinking about it.

$18 per mug plus shipping. Mugs are drop shipped to the club from the printer (saves on shipping costs). 4 mug minimum per order.

These mugs are like the one I gave you in February.

If you are interested I can let you know what images are available for the mugs. I can also put the the trial name on them. Otherwise I will shamelessly promote myself. I will need order information at least 3 weeks before the trial date.

rossyoungart@gmail.com
Anyway you can post a pic of the mug you have? I'm kind of interested in that idea.
6xCH, 2xRU CH FC Alpenblick's Southern Bell

NGSPA CH, FC Cruzin's Probable Cause "Mac"

3xCH, NGPDA NC, FC Cruzin's Rocket Queen "Roxy"

Pineland's Streak "Sadie"

Cruzin's Moneymaker "Penny"

Cruzin Kennels on Facebook

Cruzin Kennels ~ http://www.cruzinkennels.com/

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Central Georgia Pointing Dog Club gave travel coffee mugs with a design on the side. The next year gave a Small with beautiful blue color with a dog on the side. Proud to say I got some of each.

Real nice.

A Gerber leatherman tool would also make a great gift.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Could you get Purina or whoever is supporting your trial to go in half and half with you on engraving if you included their logo as well as the trial name and year? Sure would make a nice momento I think.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm

I saw in the field that they gave buck knives as awards at the Pacific Northwest trials this fall...I think it was in a Nov mag??