Nice day for water intro

Munster

Nice day for water intro

Post by Munster » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I was waiting fro a warm day to take the dogs out and get thier feet wet. Max's first intro didnt go well. I had planned on a nice walk around a lake, then I would find somewhere they could just walk in at will. Well Abby had to jump off the bank and Max followed her! He paniced and I thought I screwed him up for sure!

Today was alot better. I found this little piece of water and after about a 20 min walk the dogs were panting pretty good. Good as time as any to do a water re intro!.

It took him a min, but I soon had him chasing his dummy in the water and bringing it back! It was a pretty good day!

Max thinking about his options.

Abby telling him all is well, come on out!

http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: Nice day for water intro

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:44 pm

You are doing great, so is Max. Love seeing the lite come on. He will be a great little duck dog with his other duties as well.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 am

great pics!

Mahamari

Post by Mahamari » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 am

I wouldn't be to concerned about hat first intro to the water. If you recall, Geren had the same experience chasing Abby and then the ground dropped out from under him and he was under water. 10 minutes later and a little encouragement and here he is

Close to a year later I can't keep him out of it.

I wouldn't worry about ruining that pup it sounds like he's already getting the run of the household.

You've just taken in GEREN Version 2.0

God's Speed

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:23 am

I also think you don't have anything to worry about- just take it easy

geese- what I wouldn't give to have water like that over here-

daniel77

Post by daniel77 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:19 am

Your pics inspired me and I went to play in a shallow cattle tank with Jelly Bean yesterday. Unfortunately, a large cottonmouth had the same pond on his agenda, so we bypassed water time and worked on quartering instead.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Munster

Post by Munster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Mahamari wrote:I wouldn't be to concerned about hat first intro to the water. If you recall, Geren had the same experience chasing Abby and then the ground dropped out from under him and he was under water. 10 minutes later and a little encouragement and here he is

Close to a year later I can't keep him out of it.

I wouldn't worry about ruining that pup it sounds like he's already getting the run of the household.

You've just taken in GEREN Version 2.0

God's Speed

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LMAO, I do remember that! So Abby is the culprite! Trying to through a wrench in our training!
I like the Geren 2.0. Too funny. Maybe I will see you 2 this weekend. :)

Munster

Post by Munster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:27 pm

daniel77 wrote:Your pics inspired me and I went to play in a shallow cattle tank with Jelly Bean yesterday. Unfortunately, a large cottonmouth had the same pond on his agenda, so we bypassed water time and worked on quartering instead.

I dont miss those darn cotton mouths one bit! I almost stepped on one when I was a kid! Keep your dog and kid safe! Wonder if they are as good to eat as rattler?

daniel77

Post by daniel77 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 am

Went back out Sunday with boy, dog, and lawnmower. This piece of property has a small cow tank, and a drainage ditch running through it that always hold water and wood ducks. Started with a 20 gauge for snakes, but after covering everything and seeing no snakes, I left my son and pup where we camp out at, and traded the gun for the mower. We mowed trails, and our campsite, then went to shooting the BB gun in the drainage ditch. I turn around, with boy and pup at my feet, and there is a cotton mouth coming right through our camp site and the freshly mowed grass. Turns out, a BB gun will kill a cottonmouth, if you bash his head with the butt of it. :mrgreen: That was a bit scary, but, hopefully, we accomplished snake avoidance for both pup and boy. Snake lovers be d*mned, I kill every cotton mouth I can.
Darn glad that snake wasn't there 20 minutes earlier cause I wasn't...

Wouldn't imagine eating anything that stunk as bad as a cottonmouth. Sorry Munster if I've hijacked your thread. Never knew what fear was till I became a daddy.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

DAISYISMYDOG

Post by DAISYISMYDOG » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:35 pm

I took my pup out to the pond last thusday and saw a snake swim to the shore. Not a clue what kind it was but five seconds later with a 15 pound rock on its head it was a dead one! Then we went home because I still felt creeped out!