Pointing Dog Training Seminar

Will

Pointing Dog Training Seminar

Post by Will » Fri May 14, 2010 5:40 am

My Pheasants Forever chapter is hosting Steve Ries from Top Gun Kennel and Native Dog Food and his team of pro trainers as they conduct a hands on pointing dog training seminar on Saturday June 26th, 2010. We are promoting the event as a youth/mentor event, however everyone is invited to attend. For those inlvolving youth, there is a special fun session Friday night June 25th at which the trainers will work one on one with the kids and their dogs. The event will be held at Oak Ridge Sportsman's Club just outside of Mackinaw, IL.

Training topics include: heel, whoa, honoring, intro to birds, bird work, condtioned retrieve and more. You will be taught hands on training techniques in these areas and more. The event ends with a question and answer session in which Steve takes questions from the group. Having attended one of these seminars in the past, let me tell you that NO question goes without an answer. Steve is happy to share his thoughts on topics from conditiong and nutrition to specific training problems and everything in between. Remember, the seminar is about teaching YOU not your dog.

A light dinner on Friday night and lunch on Saturday are provided.

Cost for the whole event is just $100. Proceeds go towards funding chapter youth events and a considerable donation will be made to the Illinois Youth Leadership Council. Since this is a Pheasants Forever sponsored event, a membership is required to attend. We will be registering new members on site for your convenience.

PM me for details or questions. I will email you the official event flyer and register you. Registration limited so act fast!!
We never really own a dog as much as he owns us. Gene Hill

Top Gun Whole Lotta Rosie

Wildweeds

Re: Pointing Dog Training Seminar

Post by Wildweeds » Sat May 15, 2010 8:17 am

Sounds like a great time,and for a worthy cause as well,I'm doing the same thing here hosting a clinic for the local FFA kids as a fundraiser for some much needed construction supplies for their barn's show animals.I'm glad to see I priced it about the same as you,includes lunch two days as well.I'm having R.J. Marquart of Quicksilver kennels out to do his Start to finish clinic in Northwest Washington ,from pups to finished.Everything outdoors and hands on.I've got a couples price of 150 bucks,I figure if two guys are cheap enough to come as a couple..................they'd better be prepared to deal with the heat from subjective comments. :lol:

I just hope to get enough interest to get the kids something,they've got a really nice barn,but it's only half finished and the inside needs a ton of work.

sh0rthair

Post by sh0rthair » Sat May 15, 2010 8:56 am

Will wrote:My Pheasants Forever chapter is hosting Steve Ries from Top Gun Kennel and Native Dog Food and his team of pro trainers
Good choice.
Steve is very knowledgable and very professional.

Will

Post by Will » Sun May 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks guys.....and thanks especially for helping the kids. I think we've had some positive influences on some kids over the last few years with our youth events and we really want to keep things going. This event not only helps fund our youth hunts and other events, but is just another opportunity to kid some kids outdoors doing something with a parent hopefully.
We never really own a dog as much as he owns us. Gene Hill

Top Gun Whole Lotta Rosie