First unplanted point

sandhill

First unplanted point

Post by sandhill » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Hey all just got back from my evening exercise run with my soon to be 7 mo old E.P. and was surprised to see her lock up on point under a stand of heavy pine growth, when I walked in a Rooster came blasting out this was her first point on an unplanted bird.

The best thing was she was off the CC because this was a fun run and she held solid right up to the flush then went wild which didnt bother me one little bit I was a proud daddy at that moment and nothing could have spoiled it.

Just wanted to brag a little

Steve

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:57 pm

Steve

What a feeling isn't it? Nice to hear that the pup is coming along well.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:42 pm

that is cool. hope having that dog lock up on point never stops being a thrill for you.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:51 pm

Cool feeling huh. Can't wait until the am... I'll have my bunch out...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Just got back from running my two. Time went over the hill about 70 yards in front of me and shortly I heard a rooster cackle and it came flying right over me. I assume she found it and if she did it was her first find. Wish I could have seen what took place . She was hunting hard so I think she did it. Wonder if she even pointed though. It was still a thrill to know we made some progress today. I think she will make it!!!!

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

pear

Post by pear » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:56 pm

Great to hear keep it up. The fun is just begining....."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:57 pm

Congrads Sandhill.
Are ya HOOKED?
It sure is a thrill when they do that and they're natural ability kicks in. They are so excited they look like they're going to turn themselves inside out, but they're feet are stuck in cement.
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:25 pm

Seeing a pup's first wild bird point still gives me goose bumps! That ugly pup in my avatar is 7 mos. old and she is holding hers from a couple of weeks ago. Congrats!

sandhill

Post by sandhill » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:49 pm

Hooked!!!!! You BET I AM your right about the excitement I could see her shaking but she never moved an inch.
There was a time when I never thought anything could replace the thrill of hearing one of my young coonhounds open up on a track by themselves and finishing the task at hand but OH was I WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get this girl doing it all right already heeling off the CC and whoaing on command and I have only had her for about 1 1/2 mo.

Later
Steve

Ric Lindsey

Post by Ric Lindsey » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:00 pm

Sandhill
What you witnessed had to of been sweeter than a mothers love,your hooked...