2010 Top Field Trial GSPs

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

2010 Top Field Trial GSPs

Post by BigShooter » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:34 am

There was a very good thread (2004 #1 GSP) now located in the Hall Of Fame Posts that people may wish to review as that was the stimulus for starting this new thread. http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 100&t=1538
Hotpepper wrote:That is a very good thread, need to make a new one so everyone does not have to work through the old stuff.

Jerry
I also think it's a good idea not to pollute the original thread too much with more posts.

I only mention field trial dogs to keep the world of discussion limited to a manageable size.

In the original thread the AA dogs of that time that got some ink were:

Uodibar's Shoot The Moon, Diamonds R S Stephanie, Sin City Siren, Fully Automatic Gabby, Tonelli's Rising Sun, Dunfur's Where You Ben, NRC's Magnum's Touch of Gold, TrueBlu's Hud's Kickin Up Dust, Timber, Dunfur's Latest Edition, Sport's See That Spekk , Dunfur's Hoosier LB, Strike's Flash of Gold and Wagonmaster mentioned he had a AA prospect who we now know was Willows On The Spot.

What has happened to those dogs & did those dogs or lines of dogs produce the big FT dogs of today?

creak ... creak ... creak .... so who are the top dozen or so FT big dogs in the GSP breed in 2010? To attempt to name a few: Spot, Kane, JR, Sonny, Penny, Bell, Cody, Breaker, Karl, Stich & ???? Which dogs are on the list but really aren't fully proven yet & what other dogs should get added to the list? creak ... creak ...

How many of the top FT dogs today were either mentioned four or five years ago as young dogs or are descendants of those former top dogs? I don't have all of the pedigrees on file but maybe a dog geek like Quindt will contribute.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Re: 2010 Top Field Trial GSPs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Three dogs not mentioned yet. Cutter and Jax. Both AA NFC's. Both out of Sin City Slick Ace.

Cutter pups are winning on the hour circuit. Jax pups are starting to make a name for themselves too. Mark Wasserman consisitantly breeds National caliber dogs, and Ace is prominant in most of their pedigrees. I would consider him a prepotent sire for sure.

Flash produced some nice dogs too. I had a Flash son (Rocky) whose life was cut short by cancer in his prime. Very nice dog. Best one I've ever had. Finished FC at 3yrs. He was just starting to make a name for himself as an AA hour dog. What a bummer. :(

Doug

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Doug,

Obviously, great Chisholm Creek additions to the list. Too bad about Rocky. Spot was bred before he was famous & produced an exceptional young dog with impressive potential that was lost to a medical emergency. Unfortunately both Ben & Spot weren't able to contribute much to the breed due to injuries. Spot's injury occurred during training & Ben's condition was most likely caused by an injury sometime during his trial career. The last time I talked with Queez & John they both had a few straws they were hanging on to. The moral of that story is if you think you've got a very good young prospect you might want to get some semen frozen early in their career.
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

Crestonegsp

Post by Crestonegsp » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Chandler runs a nice AA dog PVR Dixielands Smoke n Lighting (Jacko) won 2 AA Championships over the last year. He is out of Marshall (Dixielands Smokin Freedom)who 5 years ago was finished with his time on the FT career.

I don't know what Bill Rowkamp did or happened to Sport's See That Spekk. Bill last time I saw him was not doing well.
Dan Schoenfelder

CH/FC PVR's Rugerheim Smokin' Liberty
CH/RUCH PVR's Rugerheim Double Shot
PVR N' Rugerheim Vendetta Ride
Rugerheim's Final Frontier

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:23 pm

So I read most of the old thread may I say that I didnt see Saddle mentioned much. I would beg to say that he was extremely influential as a sire.
I would have to say he should be in the discussion.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:26 pm

What about Gk's Nuke It?
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:10 am

How about Nuke's sire, GK Ramblin Danny? There are many winners there and his get are producers. Nuke and LB both jump right out at you, both of them are extremely good bird dogs. There are several other very good one, both male and female.

My Dunfur's Hoosier LB dog is out of Danny, he is producing and has produced winners up and down the line. Both sides for him have done very well with Hall of Fame and National Winners included on the momma side.

He has been bred sparsely but we have frozen and at 10 yrs of age is still very capable of making great puppies. Hoosier's Rev it up J-R has already won a national as runner up and regional AA championsip at less than 3 years of age. J R has only been bred 2 times but the litter that Art Terstage has and already is lighting it up.

I think it is interesting that dogs like Saddle and PJ Wildfire and Dixielands Rusty were bred a lot, I feel you just do not see any or very little of a single stud dog dominating the single breed like GSP.

In my 25 years of owning shorthairs, Dixieland Rusty, Big Oak Bumper, Moosegard Dee Dee's Jackson were the very dominate at the start, man what a list of winners. I got to see Rawhide's Clown win 3 NFC's in Kansas, there are so many really good dogs. The Blue Hens like Biddie, Scampie, Bumper, Jesse and the like have added so much to the breed and I really the shorthair that is running in this country right now.

The near history with Cecil has especiall dominating, the most HT titles ever. The influence from Flash, Cutter cannot be diminished at tall.

I hope we can keep this discussion going for a spell
Jerry
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:25 am

I like what I've seen out of Keith Bryant's Cooper dog. He throws very nice pups pretty much no matter who he's bred to. I believe he throws better than himself quite a bit of the time. The Bryant's do very well with his pups. Loftin's got some good ones out of him, as well as the one Dohse has. Chuck Parietti has a young one out of Cooper coming along nicely too.

Doug

msrkennels

Post by msrkennels » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am

How about my bitch Annie's Little Stinker had 16 1 hour championship wins from the prairies to south texas booneville Nafc at eureka and R/U twice also bred three quial derby classic winners and three that placed in the futrity not to mention also one just won the national championship at booneville and one took fourth in th AA at eureka.These dogs were out of Sonny/Nuke.Her littermate Vogelsang's Toby Von Blitz NAFC and dominates the quail and region & championship year after year even at 11 years old has only been bred to hunting bitches and one of my bitched and the male i kept went R/U in a 46 OSD at 17 first time on the Prairies; Toby and Chloe are out of Blitz and if you look at here pedigree it has mutiple Nc and Mutiple HOF dogs and bitches thru out.Nuke pups have dominated the futerity the last three years.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 am

NFC pup this eyar, right James

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:42 am

Well heck Saddle produced Selina the GSP with the most AF wins, and 2 National shooting dog titles. Was GSPCA FT sire of the year twice produced Cecil along with a slew of other great dogs.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't think Jerry was downplaying Saddle at all. Quite the contrary, there were a few very excellent foundation dogs (like Saddle, Dude, Clown, Rusty, Brown L, M's Dee Dee Jackson, etc.) that got used a lot in the past and produced some really good stuff. I think Jerry along with some other folks have been saying there are quite a few really nice dogs out there now. So many in fact that at this point there really aren't just a few really dominant dogs that are the only ones being used for foundation stock anymore. Now-a-days, more really good dogs are getting bred fewer times per dog. JMO
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Mark said it just exactly right, I bred my bitch to Cecil stuff so it is not like I do not like the Saddle stuff. Dr. Newman's dog in Wisconsin out of Cecil has been bred over 60 times.

My old Hoosier Buddy dog was bred very very sparsely but he contributed a lot and will do a lot more since I have some frozen stuff on him. When he got to a good bitch, they were wonderful. The NFC Where you Ben litter was just pure linebreeding

I am a very big fan of Chloe and Celina, having hauled her a number of times to the other end for her to run the course back to camp. She has been in my front seat several times. Look at her 2 daughter Joe has, very nice.

Lots of good dogs out there

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:38 pm

First off I made a mistake Selina is not out of Saddle, she is a Saddle granddaughter my mistake Sorry Joe. She was bred to Saddle and produced the two fine bitches Joe has now Millie and Shelby that Jerry mentioned.
Jerry you are right I didnt take it the wrong way. He was a foundation dog (maybe the all time top producer with 66 dogs with 610 wins and still counting). Yes there are a lot of good young dogs out there now to choose from now. I have a pup out of Shelby and Nuke (a very good producer now) which Joe bred and she is not too bad. She has done pretty well far.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:48 pm

+1 for Cutter, Jax, and their sire Ace. +1 for the entire Slick line as a bunch of the top FT dogs today have atleast a little "Slick" in them.
FC/RU CH SM Queen High Flush (Abby) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3815
2xCH/2xruCH FC BDK's Sin City Wildcard (Deuce) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2269

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:07 pm

The guys that are involved in running the great dogs need to keep this thread going for a spell. Need Joe A and others to get into this discussion.

Jerry
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:05 am

Middlecreek wrote:+1 for Cutter, Jax, and their sire Ace. +1 for the entire Slick line as a bunch of the top FT dogs today have atleast a little "Slick" in them.
Jax is one of the best out there running today, but I guess all the credit shouldn't go just to the "Slick line". He's actually out of the "Slick X Saddle" niche that has been talked about as being so great for a long time. Same breeding as 35x CH Tulli's Scatback and 27xCH Slick Dixie's Tarkus just to name a few... I'm sure someone could jump in here and name some more.
FC/RU CH SM Queen High Flush (Abby) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3815
2xCH/2xruCH FC BDK's Sin City Wildcard (Deuce) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2269

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 am

Sorry to bump an old post. If we go back on these dogs, there foundation is either tip top timmy, windy hills prince james, bossman, jigs white smoke, moesgaards ib etc. So what I'm saying, which "outcross" in your mind produced and still produces?