stared dogs vs pups

Jester

stared dogs vs pups

Post by Jester » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:23 pm

whats every ones thought good ideal or not. I'm will at some point be looking for another vizsla. it will be a family dog as much as a working dog. I have never taken in a dog older then 7 weeks most of my dogs where brought home at 6 weeks. I'm worried about how an older dog that has spent a lot time in a kennel will bond.

Birddogz

Re: stared dogs vs pups

Post by Birddogz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 pm

A couple pieces of hamburger and the bonding will be on its way. :lol: Started dogs are actually the way to go to me. You know what you have. I have never bought one, but may in the future.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:13 am

Should be no problem, most dogs will bond very easily if you do your part.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mm

Post by mm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:33 am

I have 2 that I got as pups and the time and money is way more than if I would have bought started or finished dogs. I am also looking for a started dog now as I just dont want to do all the housebreaking and such and I need a dog to hit the ground hunting. The problem as I see it is finding a good dog. Everytime I see one that looks good its on the other side of the country. How can one test a prospective dog in a day or two if I was to go see a dog far away. Buying without seeing is out of the question. It is a big purchase one that will be around for many years.