ice cubes

Shadow

ice cubes

Post by Shadow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:43 pm

pretty hot over here- my Britts like ice cubes- put them in their water and they go for them-

so- since it's 102 outside, no wind, they're in with me- we haven't turned the AC on yet-

so- I open the freezer and get out the ice trays- 3 are sitting watching- one is laying in the living room- I give them an ice cude- other comes walking in- give her one

hey Shadow- go get it- I toss one he brings it back muching on it- hey hey- toss another and holler bring it here- he does and sits- opens his mouth- I take it- then give it to him-

pups want in- toss two and they charge with Shadow with them- pups lay and growl- one gets up crunching- comes to me still crunching- but I get a piece

Fish 4-5

Re: ice cubes

Post by Fish 4-5 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:56 pm

My pup loves them. I can't go to the fridge without him following me.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 pm

it is something isn't it-

my daughter used to make my male Britt carry marshmellows- course she'd complain about his drool and the funny feeling when he gave it to her- then she'd give him a cookie- dang- but I think she had more control of him than I did

oh- did I say anything about my Britt's doing almost anything for a cookie or candy- that's what they are real staunch on the candy jar-

arround other hunters I don't allow one to carry candy- dang things sort of don't care about me-

nephew used to come down and load up on candy- couldn't figure why mine stayed arround him- then- quit that- it's not allowed- he laughed as he'd come down every year- stop and get a bunch of candy- even would let mine crawl up and sleep with him- CHEATER

buckshot0074

Post by buckshot0074 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:54 pm

just found out (last week) my 5 month English setter likes just plain 'ol ice cubes to chew on

huskerGSP

Post by huskerGSP » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Wow, I just tried ice cubes and my dog loved it. I threw them into her water bowl and she went after them like she was bobbing for apples.

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 pm

cool- welcome to the great GDF and my post- just don't overdue it- they think it's special so keep it that way-

40 some years with bird dogs- mine have always seemed to be animated- so I'll always try to do something that throws them off their game- keep them guessing sort of- kids used to see what would get me worked up- so they'd try all sorts of things with my gun dogs-

daughter said one time- " he retrieves better for me than you" whew- not what you want to hear of a money dog

but she was right and showed me- so I took her hunting- she was 11

dang it- she carried candy in her pockets- course we'd stop at Caseys

buckshot- I had a male Britt, wife picked up a 7 week English Setter and had a ribbon arround her neck at Christmas- she was 34 lbs soaking wet adult- pretty close ranger, low tail, she was more the kids dog than mine- untill I put on hunting clothes- sad to say I've only 110 pictures of them- kids used to sneak out at night and let her in to sleep with them- I'd find them all asleep on one bed- couldn't complain

txgsp

Post by txgsp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:04 am

My dog goes nuts for ice. If he hears you in the freezer, he goes crazy. Also if you shake ice in your cup, he will come right up to you and sit and stare at you.

daniel77

Post by daniel77 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 am

They like frozen veggies too. I'm getting a bit misty thinking about my old German Shepherd chasing frozen lima beans around the kitchen floor.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

welsh

Post by welsh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:48 am

I like to hand out frozen berries. The dog loves them.

Ice cubes also.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:53 am

They love frozen berries and we always seem to have a lot of those.

We have a bottom freezer type unit in the kitchen and the other day one of the boys left it open to answer the phone and the dog ran in and grabbed one of my pomegranate ice pops. bad boy!!

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Yep all like the ice cubes and raw carrots.

But Not a good idea to give a bowl of Ice can cramp up their stomach. Just for thought.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick