Still too HOT!

rapid fire

Still too HOT!

Post by rapid fire » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:27 am

Man, it's still too hot to get out and work the pups. I sure am ready for some 60* days. My dogs won't know what to think about getting to run all day. I guess I am going to have to do some night time roading to prepare them for MI. Who all gets up early (sun rise) and works their dogs?

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Still too HOT!

Post by snips » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:45 am

Come on man! Buck it up!!!! Just 95 degrees!!!
brenda

rapid fire

Post by rapid fire » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:56 am

Is that why you're inside playing on the computer right now:) I can actually work them all day down in the bottom next to the creek, but it isn't necessarily fun.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Move north! High is 68 and low was 42 last night. Opening day for huns and sharpies. Can't go till tomorrow though.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:38 pm

rapid fire wrote:Is that why you're inside playing on the computer right now:) I can actually work them all day down in the bottom next to the creek, but it isn't necessarily fun.
Was out all morning, will be back out this evening....Yep, inside now!!!:)
brenda

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Birddogz wrote:Move north! High is 68 and low was 42 last night. Opening day for huns and sharpies. Can't go till tomorrow though.
I'm doing just that as soon as circumstance allows. 8)
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:16 am

rapid fire wrote:Man, it's still too hot to get out and work the pups. I sure am ready for some 60* days. My dogs won't know what to think about getting to run all day. I guess I am going to have to do some night time roading to prepare them for MI. Who all gets up early (sun rise) and works their dogs?
Temps are finally seeming to come down here in FL, but not as cool as we'd like for dog training. We were a little north of here early Sat morning (about 7:00 am) and before noon it was time to call it quits, even though we were rotating through about 6 dogs.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 am

It sure is dang hot. It was in the mid 60's all weekend and in the 50's at night. I sure look forward to mid 30s in days and 20's at night. :wink: Those darn leave need to hurry up and drop off the trees so I can see my Ruffs better.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:49 am

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :roll:
brenda

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Ruffshooter wrote:It sure is dang hot. It was in the mid 60's all weekend and in the 50's at night. I sure look forward to mid 30s in days and 20's at night. :wink: Those darn leave need to hurry up and drop off the trees so I can see my Ruffs better.
Rick
Right on! It would be interesting to see some of our southern friends come up for a late season hunt. :lol:
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:00 pm

I work down south in Louisiana I am pretty sure I could handle any of your "late" season hunts. :D :D :D :D
I think I have a pretty good idea what it might entail.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Birddogz wrote:
Ruffshooter wrote:It sure is dang hot. It was in the mid 60's all weekend and in the 50's at night. I sure look forward to mid 30s in days and 20's at night. :wink: Those darn leave need to hurry up and drop off the trees so I can see my Ruffs better.
Rick
Right on! It would be interesting to see some of our southern friends come up for a late season hunt. :lol:

When the Retriever Nationals was here , we had a bunch of pro's using our Bed and Breakfast....it was 45's-65's..

They were from points south of us (Delaware) and were begging for us to fire up the gas fireplaces :lol:

A friend who is a trucker for many years said there is no colder cold , in the lower 48 , then Maine. Humid Cold.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

tn red

Post by tn red » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Birddogz wrote:
Rick
:lol: :lol: you sure do invite alot of folks up to hunt with you 8)

Gundog

Post by Gundog » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm with you.

I'm so ready for the fall weather!