Best Electronic Collar?

brule

Best Electronic Collar?

Post by brule » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Looking for a new collar. I started with a Sportdog 400, but had to replace the transmitter and now the receiver took a dump. I only get a 15ft range on it. Not to happy with this product figuring I've only had it for about 7months. So I'm looking for a collar that is gonna hold up a bit better. I duck, goose, and upland hunt so it needs to hold up in the water and good in the woods. This is for a flusher so no need for extreme range. Thanks.

Birddogz

Re: Best Electronic Collar?

Post by Birddogz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Tritronics collars are fantastic.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Ditto on vote for tritronics
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:50 pm

I have friends with a place along the Brule River. It's a beautiful area!

After many thread about collars the brands preferred most for quality & service seem to be TriTronics, Dogtra & DT Systems. Sportdog & Innotek seem to have had more failures mentioned about them. The features are a little different with each brand & their various models, so you need to do a little homework to find the best fit for you & your dog.

I had an earlier Sportdog model that failed. Factory replacement service was good. However, while I was waiting for the replacement unit I purchased a TriTronics two dog model. My TT Upland unit & the collars have had a lot of hard use for several years now, with no failures.

Just remember all units are line of sight so on the flat prairie you may get the maximum rated range but you sure won't get that in thick woods or with a hill between you & the dog. Unless you will only hunt the prairies, I typically recommend getting a unit with substantially more range than you might think you need.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:46 am

Shameless plug for the GWPCA.... you can win Pro 500 Tri Tronics..........costs over $500
http://www.gwpcanational.com/TriTronics.htm
Great collar, supports the GWPCA National Championships!!!!!!
Fuzz
Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am

brule,
We recommend Dogtra T&B collars to all our clients, we us them here all time and found them to be the most reliable collars made.
They are expensive, but you get your moneys worth, in the long run. If you want to save some money you can purchase the rebuit collars, thru the Collar Clinic,
I recommend the older 2nd generation collars, if you can get one.
RGD/Dave

brule

Post by brule » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 pm

I've been doing lots of research, and as of right now I'm leaning towards the TriTronics. The Dogtra collars look really nice too, but I see that TriTronics are the only collar made in the US. If it comes down to both collars fitting the bill I'm going to pull the trigger on the one made here in the USA.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:20 pm

brule,
Unless something has changed in recent years the Dogtra collars are made in Carson, Ca 1250 E. 223rd St. Phone 1-888-811-9111.
RGD/Dave

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Actually Dogtra is Based in Cal but the collars are made in Korea same as DT collars

innotek and Sportdog are made in China

Tri Tronics is the only collar made and assembled here in the states by Americans..Was pretty neat to get the tour down in Tucson
http://www.gundogsupply.com/dog-trainin ... rs-14.html
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:20 am

I would doubt Tri-tronics uses all USA made components, but I agree it being ASSEMBLED in the states is a reason to buy it all else being equal.

Question: Who prefers the vibrate function over the tone?

V-John

Post by V-John » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:44 am

Tritronics here too. Fantastic collars, reliable. And while I've never had to use them, I've had friends that have used the customer service, and they have found them to be second to none.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:28 am

mcbosco wrote:I would doubt Tri-tronics uses all USA made components, but I agree it being ASSEMBLED in the states is a reason to buy it all else being equal.

Actually Tri Tronics does order all components here in the states they look for those places who employ Americans and make the components here and will pay a little more for those components they even make some of their own components right there they even print their own casings there.... That is why they cost a bit more then the over seas made collars.... pretty sad when you can have stuff shipped from over seas and still under cut what can be done in America. They endeavor to be Proud to be Made in American . I know it is hard to believe that they don't do what everyone else does and ship out for cheap parts and labor but they don't

we have some DT launchers and it took almost 5 weeks to get some small part for our launchers to work again 3 weeks of the wait was it literally being shipped from over seas then had to be shipped to their warehouse then shipped to us

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 am

Kninebirddog,
Thank you sir for the update on the Dogtra Collars, my old collars actually came with an american made stick in the dual collar box.
Not real happy that they are now being made in Korea, that is for sure, especially at the cost of the T&B collars. The quality seems to have remained the same however.
RGD/Dave
Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 am

Knine;Is a lady...and as I understand it, a capable marksperson as well as dog trainer and handler

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 am

Knine,
OK thank you kind lady!
RGD/Dave

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:39 am

:lol:

No problem
The other thing about DT and Dogtra they are owned by Brothers of Asian decent. ..Talk about all in the family LOL I met the owner of DT through the head sales rep..Long story short there are some super people reping for them and working for them..

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 pm

kninebirddog wrote:
mcbosco wrote:I would doubt Tri-tronics uses all USA made components, but I agree it being ASSEMBLED in the states is a reason to buy it all else being equal.

Actually Tri Tronics does order all components here in the states they look for those places who employ Americans and make the components here and will pay a little more for those components they even make some of their own components right there they even print their own casings there.... That is why they cost a bit more then the over seas made collars.... pretty sad when you can have stuff shipped from over seas and still under cut what can be done in America. They endeavor to be Proud to be Made in American . I know it is hard to believe that they don't do what everyone else does and ship out for cheap parts and labor but they don't

we have some DT launchers and it took almost 5 weeks to get some small part for our launchers to work again 3 weeks of the wait was it literally being shipped from over seas then had to be shipped to their warehouse then shipped to us

The nice lady said 99% of the collar is USA sourced, so that made it an easy decision.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:40 pm

If you've only owned the system for 7 months as stated, they are under warranty by SportDOG. If however, they are 2 years old or older it will cost you $40 to have them replaced.

I am a dealer for DT, Dogta, Tri-Tronics, SportDOG, etc. So far, I have sold far more Sportdog units than any of the others. I have been a SportDOG man since my first purchase of an e-collar years ago. However, one of my personal collars "gave up the ghost" on me the other day. I called SD customer service thinking "NBD, they'll send me a new one right out, and fix me right up" WRONG!

I was dumbfounded to find the "new rule" governing replacement/warranty claims for SportDOG. (The aforementioned $40 fee for units over 2 yrs old) I became a little unsettled at the lady on the phone (wasn't her fault, she's just doing her job) I told her I was a Dealer. I am a dealer representing SportDOG products, and you want my $40? I felt bad for the customer service lady.. she didn't make the rules. Although, when she asked me what I wanted to do, and I said I'd think about it. I told her that my distributor has some closeout dealer pricing on some nice DT Systems 5002 units, and maybe "I'll become a DT man" now. She was "sorry I felt that away" :lol:

Soooo, I would keep in mind the warranty governing SportDOG units. It will be interesting to see if I start selling more of the other 3 big collar manufactuer's products. They have good products by my standards, however I've only owned SportDOG, so no basis for comparison personally. The warranty does leave a person with concerns though. :|
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:46 pm

MC,
The problem is not the difference in the vibrate verses the Beeper, unless the Tri-Tonics have upgraded severly, the quality was vastly different.
Even as late as a coupled years ago, Bill Reid was using them at DeCoverly when he trained their Setters everyday. The collars still had problems and
had to be fixed repeatedly. My Dogtra collars which were many years old and used everyday also, never had such problems. Now they may have up graded
their product, and if so I am all for the American made, the North Koreas tried to kill my Uncle for 3 years during the Korean war. Purchasing from them still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I know most of you younger guys seldom think of this, but I grew up just after WWII, I purchase American made as much as I can.
This thing with Dogtra company making their Collars in Korea, is sticking in my craw big time. I do not mind Dogtra making big money, that is good American business.
However I watched a man I thought a great deal of, all my life, who never lived with out pain due to these Korean Communisits, I sure do not want to feed the little
"bleep", not ever.
RGD/Dave

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:This thing with Dogtra company making their Collars in Korea, is sticking in my craw big time. I do not mind Dogtra making big money, that is good American business.
However I watched a man I thought a great deal of, all my life, who never lived with out pain due to these Korean Communisits, I sure do not want to feed the little
"bleep", not ever.
RGD/Dave
Please share with us how you really feel. :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:MC,
The problem is not the difference in the vibrate verses the Beeper, unless the Tri-Tonics have upgraded severly, the quality was vastly different.
Even as late as a coupled years ago, Bill Reid was using them at DeCoverly when he trained their Setters everyday. The collars still had problems and
had to be fixed repeatedly. My Dogtra collars which were many years old and used everyday also, never had such problems. Now they may have up graded
their product, and if so I am all for the American made, the North Koreas tried to kill my Uncle for 3 years during the Korean war. Purchasing from them still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I know most of you younger guys seldom think of this, but I grew up just after WWII, I purchase American made as much as I can.
This thing with Dogtra company making their Collars in Korea, is sticking in my craw big time. I do not mind Dogtra making big money, that is good American business.
"bleep", not ever.
RGD/Dave

I called Dogtra and they are assembled in California from South Korean and Japanese components. Is that ok?

South Korea is the nice Korea.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:20 pm

MC,
Thanks for trying to make me think better of this situation, but I got to tell ya, my father fought the Japs in WWII, my uncle fought the Commies in Korea,
I fought them in Viet Nam, I shoot em not feed them. I know I should not group the North and South Koreans together, lets hope they are actually different.
RGD/Dave

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 pm

I have the DT H2O 1850, the only reason I went this way is because they have a location beeper on the collar that can be turned off and on on the remote. One push of the button and the beeper sounds once to give me a location of my dog. The reason, thought I lost my dog two years ago in some real tall cattails, normally I can hear my dog busting through however that day it was windy and all of a sudden I didn't hear a thing, had to end up shooting my gun twice to find him. After a year and a half no problems with the collar has enough stimuluous to get my dogs attention.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:31 pm

PFP,

When I bought my SportDog unit about seven years ago it was the largest & most powerful unit they made. I bought it in part because I was told it came with a "lifetime warranty". In less than two years the transmitter buttons began to stick on. The plastic ridge around the on/off button on the collar broke off while hunting the prairies in ND & the batteries would no longer accept a charge. I remembered the "lifetime warranty". Furthermore at the time, I had been told very recently by a friend that worked at Cabela's selling collars that SD told him if you called customer service & paid $20.00 you got a new unit no questions asked. SD customer service was very nice, told me to send the transmitter & collar back with $80.00 and I'd get a replacement. Seems to me the unit had cost me around $279.00 or so when new. I wasn't happy with the change in the "lifetime warranty" but I decided to pay & received a refurbished replacement unit within 10 days to 2 weeks. It was hunting season, so I changed my mind about waiting & bought a new TT G2 two dog Upland model anyway & figured I'd keep the SD unit as a spare when it came back. In the subsequent five years I've never used the spare. I keep charging the SD periodically & hope it works for my son when I pass it along to him this year. The TT transmitter, beeper collars & batteries have not failed in over 5 years of constant use. Before the Garmin Astro those TT beepers were really nice for locating dogs.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Tri-tronics for over twenty years here.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:42 pm

BigShooter wrote:PFP,

When I bought my SportDog unit about seven years ago it was the largest & most powerful unit they made. I bought it in part because I was told it came with a "lifetime warranty". In less than two years the transmitter buttons began to stick on. The plastic ridge around the on/off button on the collar broke off while hunting the prairies in ND & the batteries would no longer accept a charge. I remembered the "lifetime warranty". Furthermore at the time, I had been told very recently by a friend that worked at Cabela's selling collars that SD told him if you called customer service & paid $20.00 you got a new unit no questions asked. SD customer service was very nice, told me to send the transmitter & collar back with $80.00 and I'd get a replacement. Seems to me the unit had cost me around $279.00 or so when new. I wasn't happy with the change in the "lifetime warranty" but I decided to pay & received a refurbished replacement unit within 10 days to 2 weeks. It was hunting season, so I changed my mind about waiting & bought a new TT G2 two dog Upland model anyway & figured I'd keep the SD unit as a spare when it came back. In the subsequent five years I've never used the spare. I keep charging the SD periodically & hope it works for my son when I pass it along to him this year. The TT transmitter, beeper collars & batteries have not failed in almost 6 years of constant use. Before the Garmin Astro those TT beepers were really nice for locating dogs.

It is hard to trust a manufacturer's warranty, especially for electronics. Which is why I would buy it from LL Bean. Same price as anywhere else, free shipping & "no questions asked, anytime refund or return policy".

However, you are limited to Dogtra & Sportdog.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I have owned DT, Sport dog and Tri-tronics. I got tired of returning the DT and Sport dog. I was beginning to think none of them were dependable, but the TT has never let me down.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Tall Boy

Post by Tall Boy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Im looking to get the Tri Tronics Pro G3 100...When looking at ecollars I look at the number of stimulation levels, working range, and ability of use without looking. You need more than 10 stim levels, with around twenty being idle. If you have two few levels it is possible for one level to not be felt, and the very next level to be too hot. It's also a good idea to get a working range longer than wkhat you would think you need. If you get into thick woods or rolling hills you'll notice a huge drop in range.

I'm a fan of the TT Pro 100 over the 300 and 500 simply because it has 18 levels of continuous stim and 6 levels of nick vs's the TT Pro 200's 18nick and 6 continuous (way to few), and TT Pro 500's 18 of nick and continuous. The continuous can be used as a nick by simply tapping the button instead of holding it down, so theirs no need for 18 nicks. The 100 also happens to be the least expensive.

I'll be getting the TT Pro 100 G3 EXP 2 dog bundle with two beepers to go with it.

Ill be putting my current setup up for sale here soon, I'll get the details if you're interested. It's a well used Dogtra two dog setup with beeper, everthing is present and working.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Tallboy,

How was the reliability of the Dogtra system?

brule

Post by brule » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:33 pm

1st to answer prairiefirepointers question. I did call the customer service and they wanted the $40 bucks for a new receiver. Even with it still under warranty I don't have the receipt so they wouldn't give it to me for free. $40 is ok, but after I already bought the unit, as new as it is, I'm not going to invest in something that I've already had problems with. I went back and forth with them for a bit and they weren't budging so I'm moving on.

Looks like I'm going with the Tri-Tronics G3 Sport. Not the fanciest of collars, but I think it will suit my needs well. After my research and comments on here, I think Tri-Tronics is the company to go with. And I want my money spent to stay in America. Thanks guys.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:25 am

Gentlemen,
I thought the Dogtra was assembled here in the USA and from the contact with the company in the prior post, it seems to still be true. When I said made in the prior post, I should have been more exacting and said assembled in the USA. With the quality of the unit they are real hard to beat. To bad they are using foreign parts to make their product, however making a decent profit is good American business also. I still believe the Dogtra T&B collars are the best most reliable collars on the market. I will continue to recommend them to our clients.
RGD/Dave

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:56 am

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:MC,
"bleep", not ever.
RGD/Dave
I believe your concern is with the North Korean's and not the South Koreans who are allies.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Hondo

Post by Hondo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:13 am

Like the original poster I'm looking for an e-collar as well. This will be my very first one. I was thinking of getting a Tri-tronics PRO 100 G3® EXP. I was wondering what peoples opinions are on this model?

I was thinking that the original poster may benefit by having other users suggest possible models rather than just brands. I would think that there are some large variations in quality between models of the same brand.

Hondo
Last edited by Hondo on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:38 am

I work with a lot of dogs and I love my Pro 100...I can control 3 levels of stimulation before turning the intensity dial up which allows me to pay more attention to the dog and I can control whether I need a bump or constant type stimulation by either push and release or push and hold down depending on what the circumstances need with out having to toggle this and reach for the other button that..I let my fingers control what I need when I need

most average need you will see that you will put your collar on one setting and rarely need it but nice to have the tool when needed

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm

I have been using TT since the 70's. Can't speak for the other brands because I have never used them. I have upgraded several times to get new design features but have never had one to quit on me.

I did try the innotec launchers and backing dog rig. It's all crap.

pro trainer

Post by pro trainer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Alright, here is the skinny on the e collar debate. Dogtra and Tri Tronics are top notch. However the rheostat dial on the Dogtra collar is the absolute difference thus, making dogtra completely superior. The only problem is that unless you really know how to use it, you will not understand the difference. With the rheostat dial, you are able to continue stimulating while you adjust the setting to the "Custom" stimulation setting for each individual dog. Whereas with other collars, you must stop stimulation and either lower or increase stimulation due to the correction either being too light or too much. Do not concern yourself with looking at the dial, look at your dog and his response to the stimulation. Donn Yarnall ( X canine supervisor of LAPD) has a video on low level stimulation with dogtra collars. It is sold on gundogsonline. I have not seen the video but, was instructed by Yarnall and Tom Brenneman who, together, made videos and put on seminars together for years. As far as so many levels of stimulation, the extreme correction levels on the dogtra collar are for "Avoidance corrections". Also, since every dog has a unique sensitivity to electricity, you may have a dog that needs a stouter correction but, if the introduction of the collar and foundation work have been properly done, low level stimulation is all that is needed. I rarely go above a 4 on the collar using continuous. I am a Nationally certified police dog trainer and this same level works with most Police dogs when used correctly. Do not make the mistake in believing the tougher or more hard headed the dog is, the stiffer the correction level needs to be. I've worked with young bird dogs that needed a stronger correction than police dogs and protection dogs that will tear a man up. Dogtra allows for a "Custom level" of correction while you continue stimulation without stopping to adjust your correction level with other collars. Both are rugged but, for the money Dogtra hands down makes the better collar. You just need to know how to use it correctly

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 pm

pro trainer wrote:Alright, here is the skinny on the e collar debate. Dogtra and Tri Tronics are top notch. However the rheostat dial on the Dogtra collar is the absolute difference thus, making dogtra completely superior. The only problem is that unless you really know how to use it, you will not understand the difference. With the rheostat dial, you are able to continue stimulating while you adjust the setting to the "Custom" stimulation setting for each individual dog. Whereas with other collars, you must stop stimulation and either lower or increase stimulation due to the correction either being too light or too much. Do not concern yourself with looking at the dial, look at your dog and his response to the stimulation.

Big BINGO!

Have both type units, both are great collars. But I like the rheostat dial for training. And as said once you learn that muscle memory of how you dial it up or down or even start at you have complete power at your finger tips!

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:37 pm

pro trainer wrote:... However the rheostat dial on the Dogtra collar is the absolute difference thus, making dogtra completely superior.
The very reason I would never buy a Dogtra...There is no way you can every be consistent with your stimulation levels. With a rheostat, level 1 is slightly different every time. I want precision and consistency..thus a DT collar for me!

Nitrex

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 am

TAK wrote:
pro trainer wrote:Alright, here is the skinny on the e collar debate. Dogtra and Tri Tronics are top notch. However the rheostat dial on the Dogtra collar is the absolute difference thus, making dogtra completely superior. The only problem is that unless you really know how to use it, you will not understand the difference. With the rheostat dial, you are able to continue stimulating while you adjust the setting to the "Custom" stimulation setting for each individual dog. Whereas with other collars, you must stop stimulation and either lower or increase stimulation due to the correction either being too light or too much. Do not concern yourself with looking at the dial, look at your dog and his response to the stimulation.

Big BINGO!

Have both type units, both are great collars. But I like the rheostat dial for training. And as said once you learn that muscle memory of how you dial it up or down or even start at you have complete power at your finger tips!
TAK explain how you are using the Dogtra collar versus the TT collar. In what phase of training?

Maurice

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Gentlemen,
The DT and the Dogtra were actually engineered by the same engineers, so they have a lot of similar traits, some differences also. One of the larger DT
supply outlets has ask me to field test the new DT, T&B dual Collars, because the new Dogtra T&B collars are a combination underslung T&B that hangs under the dogs neck
and displaces sound into the ground, instead of up into the air, where the master can hear it long distance, in the Grouse woods, a real stupid move by Dogtra. The new DT, T&B Collars should be at the mountain dog training facility when I arrive back home in early December. I will let you know how the field testing and reliability goes, I tested these DT units when they 1st appeared on the market, and the units had a bad problem with shutting down in the field, the DT engineers say the collar has been completely upgraded and the problem no longer exists. We will see what actually happens in the Grouse woods on a repetative daily basis, especially in the cold of Dec thu the beginning of Feb.
RGD/Dave