Stuck in Nevada's Desert

Willie Hunter

Stuck in Nevada's Desert

Post by Willie Hunter » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Well I spent the day stuck in the Nevada high desert. Cell phone coverage was at best poor and didn’t help. I finally got a hold of my via wife cell phone and she called every towing service from Wells to Winnemucca, nobody would touch it. I was lucky and a guy that had gone in ahead of me was coming out and offered to try and pull me out. I was pretty confident that there wasn’t any chance of this working. The guy had a 100’ tow rope
1 ¼” in diameter. Lucky for me he was able to get me out.

Due to there weight when you get a Power Stroke stuck you are really stuck. It was 4 degrees this morning and I was going up hill. Who would have thought that you would get stuck? I’m very cautious of getting stuck in the back country. I would have never thought I had any chance of getting stuck where I was at. I’m sure glad to be home.
Willie Hunter

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:28 pm

Love them Deisels but when you get stuck it is a new meaning up the Creek without a Paddle! Been there done that! Glad you made it out!

Fowlplay

Post by Fowlplay » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:35 am

Glad you made it out OK Willie! Saturday, while out chukar hunting...we had to rescue another soul in trouble. Glad we found'em.

Rick

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:12 am

CC, Addict and I were out chasing Chukars in Utah's west desert on Saturday. The road had a good 5 or 6 inches of untouched snow on it. CC and I were in my Jeep and Addict was following behind us in his GMC 4x4 truck. We were cruising right along. I was in 4 wheel drive enjoying the nimble control of the Jeep in the snow. I came up on a quick turn and slid right off the road. Good thing there wasn't a cliff or any rocks. It took a few tries to get out. Poor Addict was watching us and thought we were going to turn the Jeep on its side a couple of times.

Glad you made it out.

Addict

Post by Addict » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:15 pm

It's never fun to be stuck, glad you made it out Willie. Been stranded before out in the sticks and you are just hoping someone comes along to help.

12volt, I was getting ready to get the tow rope out but that Jeep of yours just didn't want to be towed by a GMC. :D

I was up elk hunting in my old 82 chev 4x4 one year and I had a bracket come off of my universal joint on my front drive line. No tools to speak of but we managed to get the drive shaft off. There was about a foot of fresh snow on the ground. Luckily I had a set of chains and never got stuck.

Addict