French or American Britt Breeder-**UPDATE** Photo Added

rkappes

French or American Britt Breeder-**UPDATE** Photo Added

Post by rkappes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:50 am

Looking for a reputable breeder within' about 6 hours or so of Moorhead, MN. Looking to buy a puppy for my fathers birthday and want to start researching. His birthday is in May so would like to get a puppy around March-June. He's had 3 American Britts previously, after having to put the last one to sleep a couple years ago he has pretty much stepped away from bird hunting. Took things pretty tough and ended up selling everything. We've been talking and he's decided to get back in the saddle. Thought it would be a great birthday gift for him and something we can both enjoy. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me. I searched for breeders on here bud didn't come up with much so sorry if I missed a previous post about this same subject. I enjoy the GDF and the people on here so if possible would like to buy a puppy from a GDF member. Thanks again!
Last edited by rkappes on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

quailrunner

Re: French or American Britt Breeder

Post by quailrunner » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Try Plum Creek Kennels for some awesome French Brits.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 pm

On here Ohmymy: Mark Dinsmore
L'Escarbot Kennels LLC in MN Bruce and John Mooney.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Hello,

I would like to think I am a reputable breeder. I am in Sykeston ND, so I am about 2 hours for you. I like to think I have some pretty good dogs, and thus far it has been born out in Field Trialing, Shows and Hunt Tests. My dogs all hunt a lot, so they are definately proven in the field as well.

If you are interested, just let me know, and you could come and see the dogs anytime you would like, except if I am off hunting in Montana :)
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
TR Jabo de El Matochar CH -CS -IB
CHF CH Darius de L'Eoile du Nord TAN
CH E'toile du Mas D'Pataula TAN
L'Etoile du Ten Bar Ranch
Messi de L'Etoile du Nord
Meg de Sugar Creek
Orion de L'Etoile du Nord
Persese de L'Etoile du Nord

http://www.ebretons.com

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:40 pm

quailrunner wrote:Try Plum Creek Kennels for some awesome French Brits.
+1000
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:41 pm

ohmymy111 wrote:Hello,

I would like to think I am a reputable breeder. I am in Sykeston ND, so I am about 2 hours for you. I like to think I have some pretty good dogs, and thus far it has been born out in Field Trialing, Shows and Hunt Tests. My dogs all hunt a lot, so they are definately proven in the field as well.

If you are interested, just let me know, and you could come and see the dogs anytime you would like, except if I am off hunting in Montana :)
You drive by an awful lot of birds to hunt in MT! :lol: Why do you travel so far?
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

dan v

Post by dan v » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Birddogz wrote:
You drive by an awful lot of birds to hunt in MT! :lol: Why do you travel so far?
Friends? Family?
Dan

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Because where I hunt in Montana, I see a lot more birds, especially huns. I really don't care about pheasants. I will shoot them, but prefer Huns and Sharptail.
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
Meg de Sugar Creek

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Just curious, wasn't trying to be a smart arse. I have found a ton of sharpies and huns around western ND.

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:04 pm

I didn't take it that way at all. I have been hunting in Montana for 5 years now. Started going there before I moved to ND. So I know where to go there. I am just learning where to go in ND
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
Meg de Sugar Creek

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:14 pm

ohmymy111 wrote:I really don't care about pheasants. I will shoot them, but prefer Huns and Sharptail.
A REAL HUNTER!

If I were looking for a Brittany with close ties to recent French imports I would definitely be looking for something out of ohmymy's Vern dog. He has put in the time and effort to prove the quality of his dog on this continent and across the ocean.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 am

ohmymy111 wrote:Hello,

Mark - Hey! Thanks for the reply! I was checking things out on your website. Vern looks like quite the dog! I enjoyed the videos. Do you have any litters planned for 2011? That will be ready around March-June ish??

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:19 am

I am planning on breeding Vern to Chloe, next she comes into season. I am also planning on breeding Ardoise to a dog named Alan de L'Escarbot, Cotton, that belongs to a friend of mine. Cotton is starting to develop a very good reputation. He has done well in the Show ring, Best of Breed once, and Best of Winners at the Nationals. He is also very strong in the field. It is a litter that I am planning on keeping a female from, to breed to Vern and Darius. That litter is one that I anticipate would be sometime March to June.

If you have any questions, or would like to know more or see the dogs, just let me know.

Thank you,
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
Meg de Sugar Creek

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Birddogz wrote:
quailrunner wrote:Try Plum Creek Kennels for some awesome French Brits.
+1000

Both Plum Creek and L'Escarbot Kennels look fantastic! Now just to find a pup thats going to be ready around my time frame. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it very much!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:51 am

ohmymy111 wrote:I am planning on breeding Vern to Chloe, next she comes into season. I am also planning on breeding Ardoise to a dog named Alan de L'Escarbot, Cotton, that belongs to a friend of mine. Cotton is starting to develop a very good reputation. He has done well in the Show ring, Best of Breed once, and Best of Winners at the Nationals. He is also very strong in the field. It is a litter that I am planning on keeping a female from, to breed to Vern and Darius. That litter is one that I anticipate would be sometime March to June.

If you have any questions, or would like to know more or see the dogs, just let me know.

Thank you,

Mark, good morning! So your thinking the Ardoise/Cotton pups will be ready somewhere around March to June if everything goes right? Do you have any females left in this litter? $200 deposit? Does the deposit go towards the final cost of the pup? Thanks again!

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:34 am

Good morning,

I haven't advertised this litter at all yet. This is the first I have spoken of my plans, except with my friend Bill, who owns cCotton. So no resrevations have been taken at all.

Yes the $200.00 goes towards the cost of the puppy. If everthing goes the way I anticipate it will, I will be breeding Ardoise to Cotton around January. 63 days from that, puppies will be whelped, and 7 weeks from that they will be ready to go to their new homes.

If you want, my cell is 612-750-7059.

Thank you,
Last edited by ohmymy111 on Fri May 20, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
Meg de Sugar Creek

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:22 am

ohmymy111 wrote:Good morning,

I haven't advertised this litter at all yet. This is the first I have spoken of my plans, except with my friend Bill, who owns cCotton. So no resrevations have been taken at all.

Yes the $200.00 goes towards the cost of the puppy. If everthing goes the way I anticipate it will, I will be breeding Ardoise to Cotton around January. 63 days from that, puppies will be whelped, and 7 weeks from that they will be ready to go to their new homes.

If you want, my home number is 701-984-2341, or my cell is 612-750-7059.

Thank you,
Is there a website where I can checkout Cotton?

djloder

Post by djloder » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:48 am

Mark has some really nice pups. My pup came from Mark and is doing great.
Cotton is also a very nice dog.
By the way i'll be driving from Minneapolis to Montana so I know i'm driving by alot of brids.
Derek Lodermeier
TR GUN Derrick de L'Etoile du Nord NA-PZ1TAN http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2204

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:13 am

rkappes wrote:
ohmymy111 wrote:Good morning,

If you want, my home number is 701-984-2341, or my cell is 612-750-7059.

Thank you,
Is there a website where I can checkout Cotton?

I found info about Alan de L'Escarbot 'Cotton' with a simple internet search. Good lookin' dog! I'd like to reserve a female pup for the upcoming litter. I just have a couple questions. I'll PM you. Thanks again!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:25 am

I have decided to get a female puppy from L'Etoile du Nord Kennels/Mark Dinsmore! I'm pretty excited to say the least! Haven't actually met Mark in person or talked to him over the phone but he has been nothing short of amazing! The plan is to keep the puppy a secret until the day we arrive at Mark's place. I'm going to have to fabricate a story, not that I like lying but in this instance I don't think a little white lie hurts. :D I want it to be a total surprise for my father. I'm thinking I'll tell my parents that I have been offered a new job in the Sykeston area and I want them to go with me to look at the area, a new house, etc....Knowing my parents and how great/helpful they are, they will definitely fall for it hook, line, and sinker! Even though my father is a mans man I'm pretty sure he will start crying once he realizes whats going. I feel like this is the least I could do for the best father in the world! I'm looking forward to the many memories to come because of this puppy! Thanks again to everyone for the input and guidance!

AzDoggin

Re: French or American Britt Breeder-**UPDATE**

Post by AzDoggin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:18 am

Good for you. Once your dad finds out the lengths you've gone to to research and find the right dog, he's going to be amazed. I can't imagine a better gift to keep someone active and engaged. Congratulations!!

grousewoods

Post by grousewoods » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 pm

I have a dog from each FB breeder in this post and would have to say the pup from Mark is the better dog in fact I have had Britts for 35 years and no pup has done what this dog has done at his age, at this pace he will be the best dog I have own by far just saying.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:26 am

AzHusker wrote:Good for you. Once your dad finds out the lengths you've gone to to research and find the right dog, he's going to be amazed. I can't imagine a better gift to keep someone active and engaged. Congratulations!!

Thanks AzHusker! I appreciate the kind words!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:36 am

grousewoods wrote:I have a dog from each FB breeder in this post and would have to say the pup from Mark is the better dog in fact I have had Britts for 35 years and no pup has done what this dog has done at his age, at this pace he will be the best dog I have own by far just saying.
Good to hear! I'm pumped! I met Mark and the dogs on Tuesday on there way through. I was super excited, so excited I could barely speak. The way I was stumbling through my words Mark probably thought I was a putz. :D Mark is definitely a stand-up guy and I'm glad that I decided to get a pup from him. Can't wait for next spring!

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:32 am

I did think you were a putz, Just Kidding LOL. It was great meeting you. I always feel better when I meet someone that is getting a puppy from me.

I hope you have a chance to come out and hunt with the crew and myself one of these days, we would love to have you out!!
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
Meg de Sugar Creek

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 am

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but are you SURE your dad wants a dog? A surprise puppy sounds like great fun to you, but it may not be great fun for him. What would you do if when you get there, surprise him with the puppy and you see that look in his face.... Oh No..... I don't want a dog!

Sure hope I'm wrong and a new puppy will be just the right thing for him! I'm just sayin'....... you might want to broach the subject somehow beforehand?
Fuzz
Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:30 am

fuzznut wrote:I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but are you SURE your dad wants a dog? A surprise puppy sounds like great fun to you, but it may not be great fun for him. What would you do if when you get there, surprise him with the puppy and you see that look in his face.... Oh No..... I don't want a dog!

Sure hope I'm wrong and a new puppy will be just the right thing for him! I'm just sayin'....... you might want to broach the subject somehow beforehand?
Fuzz
fuzznut - Yep, definitely sure he wants a dog. This last May I was going to buy him a Frenchie for his birthday that was in the local paper. Not wanting to spring something like a puppy on anyone, knowing how much work they are and attention they need I decided to tell my parents my plan of buying the puppy for my dads birthday. I gave them time to talk about it and decide. They decided yes that it was time to get another pup. I called to buy the pup and he had already been sold. So yep, I've tested the waters beforehand. I agree with you though, a puppy is not something you want to surprise anyone with if they are not on board. I volunteered as a canine excerciser at a local shelter for a couple years and I couldn't believe the dogs that would get dumped for this very reason. Definitely a valid question and I appreciate you asking.

By the way, good looking dog!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:28 am

Don't forget to get pictures

I did that for Bob a couple years back got him a couple nice pointer pups for his birthday...That was hard to get him to take a different route to Ohio going through Lexington versus Louisville. But Thanks to some help from some PDJ members I was able to pull it off. Since we travel alot and with dogs it when we parked Bob had to go into the fifth wheeler to change his shirt to go into the restaurant and when he stepped out Jonesy was standing there with Bobs Birthday presents.
And yes it did catch him of guard and I caught a quick tear.

Good luck
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 am

In that case.... Have a great time getting that new puppy!!!!!!!
Fuzz
Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:01 am

Just a little update~

My father and I went hunting a few times this year with my little mutt and now he can't stop talking about getting a puppy this spring. He's started checking around for spring litters. I told him to make sure he tells me if he is going to look at a kennel and/or put a deposit down and he said he would. If he does call me about getting a puppy I'll have to break the news early that he already has a puppy coming. So far nobody knows about the puppy. In passing I've mentioned Vernon de L'Escarbot to him and how I would give my leftie to have a pup from Vern. He always agrees and says, "Yeah, don't think I would be able to afford a pup like that", if he only knew! :D I can't wait, I'm so excited!
Last edited by rkappes on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 am

THat is great. He is going to Poop him self. :mrgreen:
RIck

Rick

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 am

I love it! He is going to be so excited. Keep us posted.

If you are worried about him getting a pup, make up some story about possibly being able to get a Vern pup in one year. Stall him, lead him on, and then hand him his pup. I can hardle wait to hear how this goes. :D

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 am

Georgia de L’Etoile du Nord at 10 days old. I’m sooooo excited to give her to my father! Nobody has found out about the surprise yet, I can hardly contain myself!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AzDoggin

Re: French or American Britt Breeder-**UPDATE** Photo Added

Post by AzDoggin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 am

What a sweetheart!!

You need to google and listen to "Georgia on my mind" by Ray Charles. It would be a pretty good fit for your situation.

Your dad is going to be beside himself.

Lyrics:
Georgia, Georgia,
The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind

I'm say Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines

Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you

I said Georgia,
Ooh Georgia, no peace I find
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind

Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you

Georgia,
Georgia,
No peace, no peace I find
Just this old, sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind

I said just an old sweet song,
Keeps Georgia on my mind
Last edited by AzDoggin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

djloder

Post by djloder » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:09 am

Nice looking puppy! Can't wait to hear how your Dad takes the surprise.
Derek Lodermeier
TR GUN Derrick de L'Etoile du Nord NA-PZ1TAN http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2204

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 am

What a cutie! Can't wait to hear "The Rest of the Story". :D

Cheryl

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Congrats on the new pup..shes gorgeous!!..one thing that amazes me though :o ...how on earth did you keep this a secret for so long!! i always end up giving my kids most of their christmas gifts early cause i cant keep a secret im excited about :lol: ...good for you and thats great how close you and your dad are..makes me miss mine, enjoy all the hunts together with your dad and his new pup!!!....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks everyone! She is a cutie, I can't wait to get her back to MN, and definitely can't wait until phez season! A great Ray Charles song! I thought Georgia was fitting, the registry letter this year is "G", she was born in Georgia and still there until March sometime. I figured my dad can use whatever call name he likes. He's always been partial to call names starting with "B"(Babes, Britt, Bella, Bentley, and one Dixie). He's still been talking about getting a pup this spring, so I'm thinking he will be pleasantly surprised. 'Georgia' is from the breeding, 2XCHF GrCHF CH Vernon de L'Escarbot MH X CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN and from the feedback I've got about Vern she should make a good little bird dog. I can't say enough about Mark, he's a heck of a guy and I would highly recommend anyone get a pup from L'Etoile du Nord kennels! I'll keep everyone posted about my fathers reaction. Thanks again!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:Congrats on the new pup..shes gorgeous!!..one thing that amazes me though :o ...how on earth did you keep this a secret for so long!! i always end up giving my kids most of their christmas gifts early cause i cant keep a secret im excited about :lol: ...good for you and thats great how close you and your dad are..makes me miss mine, enjoy all the hunts together with your dad and his new pup!!!....ruth
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it! Hehe, its been tough. I'm the same as you Ruth, I have a hard time keeping secrets. Especialy when he's been talking about getting a pup this spring, I just want a say, "Surprise! I got you one already!". I can honestly say my pops is my best friend. I'm truly blessed to have a great father and family. I remember when I was younger I was a golf rat, not only did I work at the local golf course I played every spare minute I had. My dad was never a golfer and probably thought it was the dumbest thing in the world, I can just hear him saying "Why would I go chase a little white ball around?" Anyway, seeing how much I loved it and the time I spent at the golf course he took up golfing just so he could spend time with me. Turns out he's actually really good at golf! Now we normally do dog work in the mornings and evenings and play golf during the afternoon, works out pretty well. I have friends that don't do anything with their fathers so I feel darn lucky to be close to mine. I couldn't ask for better parents, I love'm both!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Mark and pup!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 am

Sunday, Feb. 27th is the day. A day after my sisters wedding. Busy weekend! :)

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:59 am

rkappes wrote:Sunday, Feb. 27th is the day. A day after my sisters wedding. Busy weekend! :)
Make sure you have a camera on hand for his reaction and post it..that pic will be priceless!!!... :D ruth

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:00 am

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 am

How cute!! shes a chubby little thing :D ..your dad is gonna love her!!!...ruth

djloder

Post by djloder » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:45 am

How did this turn out????
Derek Lodermeier

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 am

Well we are waiting; :mrgreen:

Rick

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:52 am

Hey everyone! Sorry about the delay....its been busy!

Well, we picked up little Georgia a bit after 1pm on Sunday, Feb. 27th and she is doing great! This has
by far been one of the most special experiences in my life! I did end up telling my dad about an hour before meeting Mark that I had bought him a pup. The reason being we had my sisters gift opening Sunday morning, my dad was busy visiting with everyone, we couldn't get him to leave, we were about an hour from Fargo and running out of time. So I had my niece, his granddaughter, tell him about the pup.

She says, “Hey Papa guess what?”
He says, “What Chloe?”
Chloe says, “We bought you a puppy, her name is Georgia. She's a Brittany like Bella*. She'll be in Fargo in a little bit so we have to go now”

*Bella was my dads last Brittany. Chloe was very fond of Bella and still talks about her.

He was completely surprised and may have filled his shorts! He seemed to be in disbelief until he turned and asked us and we confirmed that it was true. I wish I would've got a photo of this as they both had smiles from ear to ear!

Unfortunately we didn't get any pics of the pup when we picked her up as it was cold and very breezy, imagine that in ND. We took a few pics once we got back to the house, I'll post them as soon as I have them uploaded to my computer. Mark also did a great job keeping me updated with photos and videos so I do have them for my father as well. I think my father was in a state of shock until sometime Tuesday.....a good shock though! That's when things finally sunk in I think. In an earlier post I stated that I had told my dad about this upcoming litter and he said that he would never be able to afford a pup like that, well, low and behold he has a pup from that very litter!

I was visiting with him on Tuesday and he finally broke down. He didn't cry as I thought he might, he was definitely choked up and must have said thank you a hundred times as we reminisced about last years pheasant season and britts of the past. I teared up a bit, tough not to.

He asked why and I simply said, “Your the best dad in the world and I wanted to get you the best dog in the world!”

Chloe absolutely loves Georgia. Chloe actually refused to go home and eat dinner on Sunday night because she didn't want to leave the pup. Sounds like grandpa will be bringing Georgia in for Show & Tell sometime soon.

As it turns out the timing of getting Georgia couldn't of been better as Chloe's parents flew to Hawaii Monday morning for their honeymoon and the puppy has been keeping Chloe very busy or maybe I should say Chloe's been keeping the puppy very busy! Either way she loves the little pup! Chloe has been dressing her up in doll clothes, playing house, and of course she's her papa's assistant when it comes to training.

It sounds like my dad is going to stick with the name Georgia. My dad calls me at least once a day to update me. He's impressed how smart she is. He takes her with everywhere and had to bring her around to show all his buddies. He's definitely a proud papa and will talk your ear off about his new pup if you let him.

Georgia is a feisty, bold, little roan ball of fire! I'm excited to see her get out and run once this snow is gone. She met her new hunting partner, our dog Jersey, and they get along great.

Huge thanks to Mark Dinsmore for such a great pup! It's an honor to have a pup from the world famous Vern. If anyone is ever in the market for a french britt pup I would highly recommend contacting Mark. He's so helpful and professional, couldn't ask for anything more.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:28 am

Thats awesome!!! your niece dressing her up in clothes is adorable..my 3 year old puts our shorthair in her stroller and they have become best buddies..so glad your dad is happy, that was a great thing you did for him..enjoy the journey...ruth :D

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:04 am

Ryan,

Thanks for updating us. I teared up just reading about it. 'Course it doesn't take much for me to do that. :lol: I'm sure your dad and Georgia will have many happy years together.

Cheryl

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Been a tough day. Thanks for the wonderful account. I am sitting here smiling.

Rick

Rick