gota brag a little......

jimbo&rooster

gota brag a little......

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:08 pm

So yesterday I took my GSP pup to the game preserve for his first time. partially as a preseason tune up and as an opportunity to do some training. We started by planting 2 birds in some high grass (6-8") and turning him loose and he nailed the first one before I was completely ready and he stood and held his point fro 2-3mins before I got there. the next one was the same. i put him up and we set up a similar set for my buddies dog. then we put out 5 birds each and and I ran my pupfirst and he again did awsome. last we put out 8 birds in some mixed cover and ran both dogs and my pup even backed the other dog once. this was the first time I had been able to shoot planted birds over my pup that werent in launchers and he did excelent in my opinion, and retrieved all of his birds to hand. I have been losing sleep worried that he would just run in and bust birds once we started hunting this fall and i feel a ton better. Im sure he will have to learn not to crowd wild birds but im sooo much more confident. I also want to thank everyone for there help over the last several months wth the few problems Ive had. Bythe way he just turned a year old last week.

Thanks
Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Birddogz

Re: gota brag a little......

Post by Birddogz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 am

What a difference a day makes! :D Funny how things like that make life better.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.