What would you want to see on the "BuddyCam?"

Scott Linden

What would you want to see on the "BuddyCam?"

Post by Scott Linden » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey everyone,

If you haven't watched my TV show, I hope you will. You are cordially invited. Details at my site.

One of the features is the "BuddyCam," a dog-mounted camera that gives you a well, different perspective on hunting and training and doggy daily life. [You can also watch a sample at the site.] I wondered what you'd want to see ... what you've wondered about ... what you think your dog is seeing and thinking, from his level. You never know, your suggestion might make it to the show!

Examples: what a bird looks like, and how a dog handles it on retrieve; what do hand signals look like (you'd be surprised); virtually all retrieves are "blind." How about your thoughts?

Thanks!
Follow the hunter with the longest nose!
http://scottlindenoutdoors.com

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: What would you want to see on the "BuddyCam?"

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:47 am

How about what a puppy sees when first introduced to woodcock. They are running a lot, the woodcock.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:45 am

A rabbit hunting dog, or a deer trackin dog on track (illegal in some states though)

A triple mark might be cool. Some water splashes and give the people an idea of what the dog has to remember and maybe better appreciate how tough that could be. :)

Course there are alot of things my dogs see that you should really not see!

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:46 am

How about what a dog sees while hunting in late season cover for phez, and how difficult it is for him to see you. Many times my dogs have a very hard time figuring out where I am, as they are in a cattail jungle. Patience is the key, and sometimes I don't take my own advice. :roll: Similarly, I find it amazing that they do such a good job of marking retrieves while buried.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 am

Ruffshooter wrote:How about what a puppy sees when first introduced to woodcock. They are running a lot, the woodcock.
Rick
Next season, I hope to get the camera on Manny ... meanwhile, running birds ... hmmmm. Thanks.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 am

mountaindogs wrote:A rabbit hunting dog, or a deer trackin dog on track (illegal in some states though)

A triple mark might be cool. Some water splashes and give the people an idea of what the dog has to remember and maybe better appreciate how tough that could be. :)

Course there are alot of things my dogs see that you should really not see!
Mine too!

You'll have to plead with the Duck Commander for the triple marks ... but water is on the menu, and probably a NAVHDA track, but nothing planned for deer or bunnies (after all, it's an upland show). Thanks.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 am

Birddogz wrote:How about what a dog sees while hunting in late season cover for phez, and how difficult it is for him to see you. Many times my dogs have a very hard time figuring out where I am, as they are in a cattail jungle. Patience is the key, and sometimes I don't take my own advice. :roll: Similarly, I find it amazing that they do such a good job of marking retrieves while buried.
You will enjoy an upcoming episode, where I discover just how hard it is to see ME, let alone my hand signals! Lesson learned: vocal or whistle signals should accompany all hand signals just in case. Thanks.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Scott Linden wrote:
Ruffshooter wrote:How about what a puppy sees when first introduced to woodcock. They are running a lot, the woodcock.
Rick
Next season, I hope to get the camera on Manny ... meanwhile, running birds ... hmmmm. Thanks.
Yes Scott: running woodcock. They look like little Pears. Not holding quite so nice for the pup. But still in the area.

Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 am

What about what the dog sees when it looks at me after missing my 4th or 5th bird! You might need to beep out a thing or two. Anyway, great idea you have.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 am

gar-dog wrote:What about what the dog sees when it looks at me after missing my 4th or 5th bird! You might need to beep out a thing or two. Anyway, great idea you have.
I have plenty of those shots from a human's perspective ... what I need is a mind-reading device to know what he's thinking!

quailrunner

Post by quailrunner » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 am

Come on out to New Mexico and Lets see a morning Covey flush of Mearns quail in the mountains, late morning Gambels along the Rio Grande river in the mesquite, and then an afternoon covey of Scaled Quail on the prairie. All in the same day, same Dog, different terrain. Now that would be a fun show to watch!