NSTRA Dog of the Year Amo Indiana

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

NSTRA Dog of the Year Amo Indiana

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 am

here is the draws for Wed and Thurs first rounds of the NSTRA Dog of the year trial

http://www.nstra.org/files/DOY10drawresults.doc

Nice to see that even in hard times not only did NSTRA members fill the 192 spots but there was over 12 dogs on the bye list for those dogs that have to pull out for what ever reason prior to their running.

To think only half these dogs will make it to Fri then the top 8 from the 3 fields totaling 24 dogs will make it to Saturday final elimination rounds...By time is said and done the runner up and the declared Champion dog just on Saturday alone will have to run a total of 2 1/2 hours 3 1/2 hour elimination rounds and then a final 1 hour brace

what makes this year great Snips and I get to celebrate our birthdays together ...Been a few years since we got to do this :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

AzDoggin

Re: NSTRA Dog of the Year Amo Indiana

Post by AzDoggin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:38 am

kninebirddog wrote:here is the draws for Wed and Thurs first rounds of the NSTRA Dog of the year trial

http://www.nstra.org/files/DOY10drawresults.doc

Nice to see that even in hard times not only did NSTRA members fill the 192 spots but there was over 12 dogs on the bye list for those dogs that have to pull out for what ever reason prior to their running.

To think only half these dogs will make it to Fri then the top 8 from the 3 fields totaling 24 dogs will make it to Saturday final elimination rounds...By time is said and done the runner up and the declared Champion dog just on Saturday alone will have to run a total of 2 1/2 hours 3 1/2 hour elimination rounds and then a final 1 hour brace

what makes this year great Snips and I get to celebrate our birthdays together ...Been a few years since we got to do this :mrgreen:
Hey, knine - good luck - do you have a dog or dogs running?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:40 am

I have 4 qualified and entered

2 on C Field on Wed and 2 on C field on Thursday
Bob is running 4 dogs also 3 of his and one for a friend
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Doesn't Brenda's Rip (Snip's Ticked Off) get inducted into the HoF this year?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes ..it took that to get her and rick to come back to Indiana LOL

that will be Thursday evening at the banquet there in actually Coatesville Indiana

here is a link how to get there in case anyone is near by http://www.amocbdc.com/Conservation_Bir ... ut_Us.html

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:32 am

A Friend of Mine from the VA region, Steve Whittington and his dog ZIP2 time champion, will be running this year. If anyone wanted a good stud dog or at least I think he would is good. Zip is the dog He is a Brittany.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 am

I won't be running a dog, but I will be there again to make it a "bigger" event! I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and old friends. I only ask that if someone listens to one of my jokes that they be courteous and try to laugh. :D
big steve

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 pm

will this be going on next weekend? i wont be able to make it before saturday but would love to come watch and see what its all about....
Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:57 pm

the final day is saturday..
saturday morning starts with 24 dogs that made it from the first 2 elimination rounds

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Good luck k9 and congrats Brenda !!!
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:03 pm

We will get there Wed afternoon.....Leaving on Fri a.m. Looking foreward to seeing lots of old friends!!! We will be in the big van with Walnut Hill Kennel on it if anyone wants to say Hi! Then headed down to the Ky Hunt Test....
brenda