EP, what sort of breeding to look for & why ?

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: EP, what sort of breeding to look for & why ?

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 am

Sorry fellas I half agree with Ross and Elhew. I used to be a die hard setter guy, as a matter of fact I still have a 9 year old darn good setter out of Tekoa Mountain Sunrise breeding, but after owning my first Pointer I am pretty breed blind myself. I am not saying the long hairs are ugly but in my opinion nothing looks as good as a Pointer locked up on birds. As for Elhew's statement about high on both ends, I prefer a dog low on the front end and high on the back end looking right at the birds. It tells me they know exactly where those birds are and it lets me know exactly where to walk into for the flush. :D

Grange

Post by Grange » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Yawallac wrote:Grange,

I hear so many people say that a good bird dog is beautiful no matter the breed. I say hogwash! I have become so breed blind that I only like the looks of Pointers! ...and if they have long fur they are even uglier! :lol:
ElhewPointer wrote: Sorry Grange,

That just doesn't get me fired up like a pointer. My first hunting dog was a brit but, to me, there is nothing like a pointer high on both ends.
tommyboy72 wrote:Sorry fellas I half agree with Ross and Elhew.
Father (that is my dad's pup) forgive them for they know not what they do. Breed blindness is a disease. I suggest you go ruffed grouse hunting with a brittany or better yet an english setter for treatment. :P

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Grange wrote:
Father (that is my dad's pup) forgive them for they know not what they do. Breed blindness is a disease. I suggest you go ruffed grouse hunting with a brittany or better yet an english setter for treatment. :P
Blasphemy ! :lol:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm a pointer guy, but have to admit that those are some fine-looking Brits. That pup even has a little head crank going on!