White dogs

Birddogz

White dogs

Post by Birddogz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:56 pm

I know many breed for white to help them be seen, but in ND, I can't see my Britts, and my DD sticks out like a soar thumb. In northern climates, dark is better. :lol: The Astro makes it not matter, but it is nice when simply watching a dog. My Britts are invisible in cattails, orange and white. That big brown dog really stands out in the snow. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

rkelly

Re: White dogs

Post by rkelly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Get a white and liver dog then you will have the best of both worlds :lol: White is very visible before the snow and the liver there after.

solon

Post by solon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 pm

rkelly wrote:Get a white and liver dog then you will have the best of both worlds :lol: White is very visible before the snow and the liver there after.
I can see the wisdom in that!

Solon

Grouse Dog Guy

Post by Grouse Dog Guy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:19 pm

solon wrote:
rkelly wrote:Get a white and liver dog then you will have the best of both worlds :lol: White is very visible before the snow and the liver there after.
I can see the wisdom in that!

Solon
At least those have tails.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:32 am

ACtually, when I hunt early season, the grass is still light green to pale brown. The dark stands out well in that also. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 am

No matter the color, put one of the yellow/orange flex collars on them. Helps see them and tell them apart if they look alike.

Greg J.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 am

Birddogz,
Got to admit the Roan, white and Ticked dogs are easy to see even in the real thick forest.

RGD/Dave