Domanent Dog question

Munster

Domanent Dog question

Post by Munster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:13 am

I have a 1 year old Male intact and a 5 year old female spayed SM. Everytime they go outside together the male pisses on the female! Now besides letting them outside at seperate times, how can I stop this behaviour? It isnt fair that shw has to be bathed twice a week because of bonehead peeing on her.

I wonder if I put an ecollar on her when she starts to pee and Max comes over to mark her,I wonder if I zap her and he gets zapped through his pee stream! LMAO. I know it wont work, but it was fun to think about.

Any other ideas? Neutering at this time is not an option.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

kensfishing

Re: Domanent Dog question

Post by kensfishing » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:38 am

Put the shock collar on him and every time he raises his leg to pee, zap him. None of my dogs raised their legs to pee in the field. It's call marking and it will become a bad habit. Stop it now.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 am

Munster,
Ken is correct, the Collar will tune him up, I have a very dominant male munster he never pisses on my females now, I use the collar on him when he
raised his leg to a female. After the 1st time standing in the snow with the Dogtra collar on full power, he never played the pissing game again.
RGD/Dave

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 am

Augh! Simply Terrible! I can't even eat my Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich and drink my coffee now... My stomach is churning. I must call PETA immediately! :lol:

JK JK :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

Munster

Post by Munster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Have definatly thought about doing this, but hesitate because we use the collaer for other applications i.e ff and whoa. Didnt want to confuse the dog and didnt want to make him collar shy. BUT, I guess it beats having a lap dog that smells like piss all the time. :lol:

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:49 pm

"Have definatly thought about doing this, but hesitate because we use the collar for other applications i.e ff and whoa"

Well then if you hit him with the collar he should take it as "Whoa don't piss on that female again!" :lol:
If that don't work,every time he pisses on the female piss on him,though it may just start Pissin' Contest. :D
Dog On Point!!

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Your collar manufacturer will have a (cheap) dummy collar that matches the weight of the real one. Have him wear it normally and he won't become "collar-wise".

Munster

Post by Munster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:32 pm

BoJack wrote:"
If that don't work,every time he pisses on the female piss on him,though it may just start Pissin' Contest. :D
Funny that you would mention this as my husband has threatened to do this! What will the neighbors think!

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Steve007 wrote:Your collar manufacturer will have a (cheap) dummy collar that matches the weight of the real one. Have him wear it normally and he won't become "collar-wise".
A training collar or shock collar os just that a training tool. Use it as such. Collar wise or not a dog will figure out when you mean business. A male dog that is marking is a no no, when hunting or running a trial. I hate it. Light him up once or twice and he'll sit and pee just like a female. :P

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 pm

I think I would teach the dog "Leave It" and use correction if necessary. I don't like to use adversive correction if a dog is focused on another dog on the outside chance they decide to get even.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:I think I would teach the dog "Leave It" and use correction if necessary. I don't like to use adversive correction if a dog is focused on another dog on the outside chance they decide to get even.
He was talking about a young male dog and a female that he knows. I won't do it with two males, I get into them with males. But a young male dog needs his tail kicked by the owner and make him relize it's not proper behavior. Or do a tap dance on the young male dog til he knows who's boss. You have to be smart with what you're doing, not stupid.

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm

"Funny that you would mention this as my husband has threatened to do this! What will the neighbors think"

They'd probably just think " Mr._______ is over there pissing around again"
Dog On Point!!

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

My 1 year old intact male munster does the same thing to my 3 year old male golden and every other dog that he see's pulling bathroom duties. Not in the feild though, he has better things to do there.

A/C Guy

Here is the right answer:

Post by A/C Guy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

Cajun Casey wrote:I think I would teach the dog "Leave It" and use correction if necessary. I don't like to use adversive correction if a dog is focused on another dog on the outside chance they decide to get even.
Our male also would pee on our female when he was at that age. We never used the e collar to correct that behavior, we simply scolded him when he lifted his leg. That was sufficient. I use the collar after the verbal commands fail. Be patient, tell him "No!". Use the collar if there is no change after a couple of days. Too frequently, many people jump up with the e collar for training. Sometimes, we just need to be patient and be consistent with the verbal commands first.

He was also peeing on her as she went potty when she first went into heat. He wanted to make sure that other males knew that she belonged to him. We taught him to wait, then pee over her pee spot.

Now I can tell him to not pee on something and go find a tree. ("Duke, don't pee on that, go pee on a tree.") He obeys and goes to a nearby tree. People that see me do that are usually amazed that you can train a male dog to control that behavior.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.