Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:21 pm

rschmeider wrote:
gittrdonebritts wrote:PM sent :lol:
thanks
WOO HOO !!! your welcome

Coveyrise64

Re: GSP - Why So Popular?

Post by Coveyrise64 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 pm

birddog1968 wrote:I know alot of retrievers that get forced too, almost all of em....its not about the going to the bird its about the delivery.......

I will FF every dog i own regardless of natural ability......
While influencing the retrieve, the FF'ing of retrievers is as much if not more about laying the e-collar foundation so the dog understands how to turn off pressure.

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Why is it so many people that do not hunt enough think that trials are the indication of the best hunting dog?

Mario
Huh...Mario, so who might these people be that you speak of, if you were to point them out they may explain?

...and please post a scale of what hunting enough is; I am dying to know how to measure the credibility of the company I keep.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:
birddog1968 wrote:I know alot of retrievers that get forced too, almost all of em....its not about the going to the bird its about the delivery.......

While influencing the retrieve, the FF'ing of retrievers is as much if not more about laying the e-collar foundation so the dog understands how to turn off pressure.

Coveyrise64
I thought they did that with a crate???
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:
Coveyrise64 wrote:

Coveyrise64
Well, it's for sure not just about the delivery. You need some new books..... :mrgreen:

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:
Well, it's for sure not about the delivery. You need some new books..... :mrgreen:

Coveyrise64
Not from a book. That's what my friend that trains with JM does.

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Chukar12 wrote:
Why is it so many people that do not hunt enough think that trials are the indication of the best hunting dog?

Mario
Huh...Mario, so who might these people be that you speak of, if you were to point them out they may explain?

...and please post a scale of what hunting enough is; I am dying to know how to measure the credibility of the company I keep.
,all german lines and one heck of a grouse dog..
Last edited by rschmeider on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

BACK ON TRACK PEOPLE

Lots of people own shorthairs because they are good looking hard hunting dogs, and it has nothing to do with other breeds which are very good as well.

GSPs are just nice dogs.

If you dont have anything good to say just dont say anything at all!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:48 pm

The best breed depends on several factors....The type of bird/birds hunted, trialing or testing venue if participating, type of cover being hunted, climate or part of the country being hunted, etc. While some breeds may be more suited or specialized in some of these things but not so much in others, the GSP will fill the bill in any of them and look good doing it. I think this has a lot to do with their popularity. But even at that, I will repeat, it has more to do with the individual dog and breeding than it does with the specific breed.

We hunt with at least one pointer and one GSP on the ground at all times. We don't "keep score" but I can tell you that you could hunt with these dogs for a week straight and you still couldn't say the pointers were better than the GSPs or vice versa unless you just like the looks or style of one over the other one. One day one dog will have a better day than the other one and the next day, the opposite will be true.

My point is... A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG!!!.....Regardless of the breed.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Dont raise your cartoon animated eyes at me...
you arent the boss

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 pm

birddogger wrote:The best breed depends on several factors....The type of bird/birds hunted, trialing or testing venue if participating, type of cover being hunted, climate or part of the country being hunted, etc. While some breeds may be more suited or specialized in some of these things but not so much in others, the GSP will fill the bill in any of them and look good doing it. I think this has a lot to do with their popularity. But even at that, I will repeat, it has more to do with the individual dog and breeding than it does with the specific breed.

We hunt with at least one pointer and one GSP on the ground at all times. We don't "keep score" but I can tell you that you could hunt with these dogs for a week straight and you still couldn't say the pointers were better than the GSPs or vice versa unless you just like the looks or style of one over the other one. One day one dog will have a better day than the other one and the next day, the opposite will be true.

My point is... A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG!!!.....Regardless of the breed.

Charlie

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!! GREAT POST
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:
Coveyrise64 wrote:

Coveyrise64
Well, it's for sure not just about the delivery. You need some new books..... :mrgreen:

Coveyrise64
I was using labs as an example, I do not FF pointing dogs for teaching them to turn off pressure.....its for the delivery. Birds taught them to turn off pressure long before we get to FF.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:14 pm

birddog1968 wrote:
Coveyrise64 wrote:

Coveyrise64
I was using labs as an example, I do not FF pointing dogs for teaching them to turn off pressure.....its for the delivery. Birds taught them to turn off pressure long before we get to FF.
He's talking about the dog turning off the pressure (e-collar stimulation, ear pinch, toe pinch) applied to it, not the dog turning off pressure it is putting on birds.

huntcrazed

Post by huntcrazed » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 am

Chukar12 wrote:

Mario

How can I point out for you the ones that do not hunt enough ?

Enough is when you know what a good hunting dog is and not enough is when you think titles on trials make a breed or a specific dog better than others in hunting.

Nothing to do with credibility, ones experience in anything in life is directly related to how involved they are .....the more you do anything the more you learn.

I have hunted with lots of dogs with impressive titles that would not hold a candle to an unknown veteran hunting dog as there is lots of hunting dogs that just point and retrieve and their owners believe they are the best but they do not hunt enough to know enough to evaluate a dog because their judging is limited to small personal experience.

It is funny but so many people here start arguing about which breed is best and they gauge by titles.....don't they?

It would have been fun if we start talking about specific instincts and genetic traits to certain breeds and how they apply to hunting in order to compare.

So the original poster wonders about shorthairs and their popularity,maybe we should be talking specifics from personal experiences to what might be the reason for that.

I am sure there is valid reasons for shorthair popularity, and I am part of the group that feels the same.

I have seen great dogs in the field from many different breeds, but I have seen more shorthairs being able to do more in comparison.....not individual dogs but as a group the total of shorthairs against the total of Britts,setters and so on.......hunting not trials.

As far as you company I am sure they are credible regardless how much they hunt......no need to challenge or be too to touchy about what is clear or not.......

I like to hunt everyday when the season is open and that is what makes me happy ,nothing to do with credibility.

Lets get specific and express personal opinions ,not a contest.

Best dog I have ever seen in my life under ideal conditions would smell and point a big covey of chukar 400 yards out and I mean the birds not foot scent.
Some amazing realities one needs to experience personally to believe or learn from.

Go ahead ,tell me if that could be true based on what you know and lets talk about what breed of a dog does what (specific personal experience) that might have amazed you and what breed it is or was.

Mario

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:03 am

Another Point to bring up is ever since the shortail breeds or even Just Versatile in general have been in America (GSP Britts, GWP, among others) they have been popular with the common man (who could only afford to feed 1 dog and not a kennel full) why ? because he needed a dog that could do it all , meaning point retrieve from land and water and the possibility of furred game with very minimal training, and ever since he found what he was looking for there was some rich Jerk off telling him he and his dog were no good cause the have no tail no class and no chance to ever be accepted, well the facts are in GSP's and Britts and others are more popular boo freaking who cry me a river build a bridge and get over it ! Don't get me wrong I have owned Britts mostly a few GSP's and a few EP's hunted over setters and a few others I see the good in all breeds and love all dogs but I made my choice and am happy with it, everyone else should feel great full they have the opportunity to make a choice in which breed of dog will they own and hunt over as well I've been places were there is one kind of dog and no one chooses them they just find someone who will feed them and they all pretty much look a like its sad and boring , Sorry if I'm rambling but my point is people make their own decisions we need to be respectful of that and get over it, we all have great dogs because they make us happy end of story IMO
Joe

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:03 am

Grouse Dog Guy wrote:
Ron R wrote:GSP - Why So Popular???
Good question, I'm guessing it's due to a large majority of strange folks out there :? .

I am guessing it's because they've never seen a good bird dog or they're breed blind.
Look who is breed blind. :roll: :roll: :roll: My French Britts and GSP's have all been better than every setter we have hunted with. And I also hunt ducks with boths sets of my dogs.

Although you can get most dogs to do anything The GSP will do the "versatile" work with better understanding and has a strong enough mind to handle the training in the different disciplines without breaking down. Not saying other breeds can't but the consistancy of success shows the GSP to be as advertised. IMO

I would put the GWP, PP in there as well.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:31 am

Grouse Dog Guy wrote:
jasonw99 wrote:Re: GSP - Why So Popular?
by Grouse Dog Guy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:26 pm
I've never seen one that was as good as a middle of the road setter or pointe.

I've imported a couple GSP, DK's from Europe owned and trained fifteen or so and hunted over worked with or trained a bunch more. Did the breed club thing, worked pups for months to pass a natural ability test and still didn't have a wild bird dog that was half what a six month old setter or pointer was.
You may be right about the tail thing they cut the best part off and through it away. :D
Where you at grouse dog guy??????????. :wink: Slam dunk... I have been hunting grouse over 30 yrs .I have over 15yrs of pics that say Dk/GSPs can hunt wild birds just or even better than a EPs.You compete your breed againts the same breed.Why don't you try to get other breeds to compete.I tried to enter 10yrs ago and the gent on the phone said don't even bother if your dog doesn't have a tail.Politics?????? or you just afraid a shortail dog might take or trophy off the wall.

Grouse Dog Guy

Post by Grouse Dog Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:22 am

rschmeider wrote:
Grouse Dog Guy wrote:
jasonw99 wrote:Re: GSP - Why So Popular?
by Grouse Dog Guy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:26 pm
I've never seen one that was as good as a middle of the road setter or pointe.

I've imported a couple GSP, DK's from Europe owned and trained fifteen or so and hunted over worked with or trained a bunch more. Did the breed club thing, worked pups for months to pass a natural ability test and still didn't have a wild bird dog that was half what a six month old setter or pointer was.
You may be right about the tail thing they cut the best part off and through it away. :D
Where you at grouse dog guy??????????. :wink: Slam dunk... I have been hunting grouse over 30 yrs .I have over 15yrs of pics that say Dk/GSPs can hunt wild birds just or even better than a EPs.You compete your breed againts the same breed.Why don't you try to get other breeds to compete.I tried to enter 10yrs ago and the gent on the phone said don't even bother if your dog doesn't have a tail.Politics?????? or you just afraid a shortail dog might take or trophy off the wall.

I've hunted grouse for fifty years, over just about every kind of dog that can haul a flea. Over those years I have learned that the most productive bird finders, handlers are pointers and setters that cover a lot of ground and go to their game without distraction.

Those lucky enough to live near bird rich areas can get by with dogs that I find less than ideal and example of that is my cousin who lives in the middle of pheasant country. He owns a large farm with thousands of acres of pheasant habitat but because he keeps cattle his choice of dogs are a border collie and a blue healer. When he grabs the shotgun his cattle dogs become pheasant dogs and do very well for him because he hunts in a very bird rich area.

Where I have done the majority of my grouse hunting the birds are few and far between. When I had GSP's I learned that when they get bored hunting where birds are few the old instincts that were developed long before come out. They would reward me with critters that I didn't want to hunt and in some cases didn't want to be in the same neighbor hood with. Some may find this long ago developed trait desirable, I don't!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 am

It boils down to you liking your pointers and setters. More power to you.

Somebody pass the Moose Tracks.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:56 am

Dont raise your cartoon animated eyes at me...
Well there goes the mango tea :) thru the nose too....

I sure like them dog pics rschmeider.

Moose tracks are gone we are on the peanut butter cup stuff it is almost as good :) sticky trigger or not...

I once hit a grouse with a stick, it was that close, my cat coulda fetched that one....was 16 years ago....
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 am

Cajun Casey wrote:
He's talking about the dog turning off the pressure (e-collar stimulation, ear pinch, toe pinch) applied to it, not the dog turning off pressure it is putting on birds.

Yea I know what he meant. As I said, the birds teach the dog about turning off pressure in the method I use (stop to flush).........long long before FF. Once stop to flush is accomplished the collar is put on a shelf.

Has nothing to do with the dog pressuring birds.....
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 am

I think they are so popular because they are a dog of many coats so to speak..we like to hunt waterfowl and upland birds, go swimming alot, dont like alot of dog hair and for some reason dont care too much for dogs with tails (hense the boxer and rotties ive always had too) sometimes just wanna lay around and other times walk miles, so the GSP just has seemed to fit the best out of the dogs weve had..its just a personal preference to each person on what they like and what theyve been exposed to as well but doesnt mean the other breeds dont give the same satisfaction to the next guy/gal..when i saw my first GSP i had to have one!!..he was so darn smart and just looked like he was a rebel but a softy all in one, loved his markings, he had a tatoo and had muscles that were ready to pop..or wait was that my husband?? :wink: :lol: ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:17 am

stike 1: I live in Pa ,my county is 2 flushes an hr. best is north central 4 flushes an hr. strike2: you fail to prove you have a grouse dog strike3: I LOVE eating critters.............Grouse dog guy .LOL

Grouse Dog Guy

Post by Grouse Dog Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:50 am

rschmeider wrote:stike 1: I live in Pa ,my county is 2 flushes an hr. best is north central 4 flushes an hr. strike2: you fail to prove you have a grouse dog strike3: I LOVE eating critters.............Grouse dog guy .LOL

I count birds handled not flushes that the dogs bumped or are walked up. I think I could call a dog that had four broke grouse finds in and hour and bested 83 other dogs in the Pa championship a grouse dog. I think a puppy running in a one hour derby stake being the only dog with bird work of the 23 entry's and having two grouse finds where she was steady to flush could be called a grouse dog.

To bad I didn't know you liked eating critters, I could have sent you all the skunks, porkies and possoms my GSP's fetched while the setters and pointers were finding birds.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Grouse Dog...any dog that wins in an 83 dog wild bird stake is a *heck* of a dog.

It still says absolutely nothing about the average pointer or setter being better than the best GSP. That statement is a verbal "bridge too far".

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 pm

birddogger wrote:My point is... A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG!!!.....Regardless of the breed.

Charlie

Amen Charlie, it really is the truth, I have seen fantastic shortneys and wirehairs, Brits, you name it, Even a really nice WPG and a couple of Nice Weimys. Shorthairs are a very nice breed from what I have seen and very consistent, you can bet the odds and come out a winner with most shorthair breedings.

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm

............Grouse dog guy .LOL[/quote]

I count birds handled not flushes that the dogs bumped or are walked up. I think I could call a dog that had four broke grouse finds in and hour and bested 83 other dogs in the Pa championship a grouse dog. I think a puppy running in a one hour derby stake being the only dog with bird work of the 23 entry's and having two grouse finds where she was steady to flush could be called a grouse dog.

To bad I didn't know you liked eating critters, I could have sent you all the skunks, porkies and possoms my GSP's fetched while the setters and pointers were finding birds.[/quote]
A picture says a thousand words.Check out this skunk retrieve and this possum my dogs penned under the snow
156.jpg

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm

How do find them white dogs in the snow? You better bring vet wrap if you want to hang with my GSPs.Your tail will be laying a blood trail banging off all the brush.[
Last edited by rschmeider on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm

rschmeider wrote:Incubator quail ? Really !! give me something better
Sorry, my dog won't retreive wild quail :roll: .
birddogger wrote:... A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG!!!.....Regardless of the breed

Agreed but should'nt everybody know that already.......Guess not :roll: .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 pm

rschmeider wrote:How do find them white dogs in the snow?
Good point :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Like i said a pic is a thousand words.
Last edited by rschmeider on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:50 pm

I have a few questions for the grouse people east of the Rockies...
What are the education requirements for hunting? Can you do it with a BA or does it require an advanced degree?
Which pipe tobacco is preferred?
Can blood be removed from tweed at home or do you have to send it to the cleaners?
As long as you use some type of leather jacketing can you have humor books such as McManus in your home library?

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Ron R wrote:
rschmeider wrote:Incubator quail ? Really !! give me something better
Sorry, my dog won't retreive wild quail :roll: .
birddogger wrote:... A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG!!!.....Regardless of the breed

Agreed but should'nt everybody know that already.......Guess not :roll: .
It's nice to see a EP retrive in the water.My good friend has a FC/Mh Ep. Its a great dog. I love all breeds don't get me wrong.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Chukar:
I maybe from the East (Real Blue collar :wink: Mainer) but am not like those others from the other North East.
I wear wool sweaters, fleece, Elk country boots, Jeans or Cabelas Dryfold, ball cap, no gloves, shoot a ruger 20g. Britts and GSPs'. I have no Idea who Macmanus is. The only book I have recently read from cover to cover for fun was Salems lot by Steven King. I like magazine articles. I don't smoke, except meat, my drink of choice is Apple Pie Shine when available, from my VA friends or Mich, Light. My education is suspect at best. I don't wash my hunting close till Jan, 1st. Sometimes I forget that and find bad things come warm weather. I beleive any dog can hunt any bird , given exposure and time to learn their manners. My gear is stowed under the seat in the Dodge. I am partners in a camp on a lake, No running water, no electricity. Sun showers and gas lights. Grilling and smoking on the drum.

So Please don't ball all us together. :wink:

Rick

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

...darn it, I came off looking bad again., darn you Ruffshooter where is Ryman when I need him...?

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 pm

rschmeider wrote:Like i said a pic is worth a thousand words. Four finds in a hour; I was quoting on the pa flush rate. I hunt all over NY,MI,PA,and WV. No hunting on Sundays in PA, I have to go somewhere. Show me a grouse dog and I'll show you a GSP. By the way what GSP line did you import and train ?????????
You are something special chuckar 12.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:49 pm

rschmeider wrote:
rschmeider wrote:Like i said a pic is worth a thousand words. Four finds in a hour; I was quoting on the pa flush rate. I hunt all over NY,MI,PA,and WV. No hunting on Sundays in PA, I have to go somewhere. Show me a grouse dog and I'll show you a GSP. By the way what GSP line did you import and train ?????????
You are something special chuckar 12.
Yeah something especially funny!

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:53 pm

I always love it when the measurement of a good dog is changed mid conversation! I guess if you produce lots of birds your dogs aren't as good anymore? Bahaha

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Chukar:
I maybe from the East (Real Blue collar :wink: Mainer) but am not like those others from the other North East.
I wear wool sweaters, fleece, Elk country boots, Jeans or Cabelas Dryfold, ball cap, no gloves, shoot a ruger 20g. Britts and GSPs'. I have no Idea who Macmanus is. The only book I have recently read from cover to cover for fun was Salems lot by Steven King. I like magazine articles. I don't smoke, except meat, my drink of choice is Apple Pie Shine when available, from my VA friends or Mich, Light. My education is suspect at best. I don't wash my hunting close till Jan, 1st. Sometimes I forget that and find bad things come warm weather. I beleive any dog can hunt any bird , given exposure and time to learn their manners. My gear is stowed under the seat in the Dodge. I am partners in a camp on a lake, No running water, no electricity. Sun showers and gas lights. Grilling and smoking on the drum.

So Please don't ball all us together. :wink:
You don't know who McMansus is and you call yourself a hunter? :D As far as smoking goes, Chucker is from CA so I sure he was referring to Medical marijuana in his pipe.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 pm

ruffshooter
We should hook up sum time:) you kinda sound like my kin, we would get along great i think. i`ll trade ya sum home smoked jerky for sum that shine. My education kinda sucks too, to many distraction in school..lol

Grouse Dog Guy

Post by Grouse Dog Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:24 pm

rschmeider wrote:Like i said a pic is a thousand words.Four finds in a hr..... I was quoting on the pa flush rate.....I hunt all over NY,MI,PA,and WV......No hunting on sundays in pa have to go somewhere......Show me a grouse dog and all show you a GSP.By the way What GSP line did you import and trian ?????????
I hunt all over as well but I don't shoot wild flushes and if a dog brings me a bird that it didn't point it's going to get corrected and if it brings me fur it may be the last thing it brings anyone.
It's been thirty years since I last had GSP's all I can remember was Hellenkamp, Weserland, Feuerteich the dog was from Germany and the bitch from Denmark and the domestic stuff was Radbach, Duessnburg and a bunch of Moesgard stuff.

You've never seen a grouse dog LOL!

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 pm

OK,Yunz guys went to school while i was possum hunting with my shorthairs.I'll will trade 1qt. black berry brandywine and 2lb. goose jerky for 1qt of apple shine.Grouse dog guy,I'll just keep feeding my meat dogs and if i ever see you in my grouse spots 'I'll make you squeal like a pig'.LOL

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:27 pm

You do know that Grouse aren't the only game birds hunted with pointing dogs...right??

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:58 pm

grouse taste better

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Grouse Dog Guy wrote:It's been thirty years since I last had GSP's
If its been so long how can you comment on how they are today all your knowdlge of the breed is outdated just go hook up with rschmeider
and watch his dogs kick ur dogs behinds and come back and tell us how it felt to be out hunted by some trash hunting hounds.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

[quoteAs far as smoking goes, Chucker is from CA so I sure he was referring to Medical marijuana in his pipe.][/quote]

Whole state smells like a Snoop Dogg concert, Nevada is getting a contact high

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Selctive seeing?
Pics don't load?
Blind in one eye?
Blind in the other eye?
Afraid to admit you're wrong?
Terrible trolling skills?

Help me out here dog master, slayer of the almighty grouse. I can't quite figure you out.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 pm

brad27 wrote:
Selctive seeing?
Pics don't load?
Blind in one eye?
Blind in the other eye?
Afraid to admit you're wrong?
Terrible trolling skills?

Help me out here dog master, slayer of the almighty grouse. I can't quite figure you out.
I'm guessing ALL of the above and the reason he can't post a picture with his super Grouse Pointer/Setter(s) and a Grouse is because he doesn't actually know how to shoot them, only how to blank them off with his cap gun :wink: :lol:

Never met a good bird dog I didn't like personally, the owners however may be another matter.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:53 am

Chukar12 wrote:...darn it, I came off looking bad again., darn you Ruffshooter where is Ryman when I need him...?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:56 am

Chukar12 wrote:[quoteAs far as smoking goes, Chucker is from CA so I sure he was referring to Medical marijuana in his pipe.]
Whole state smells like a Snoop Dogg concert, Nevada is getting a contact high[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)