GSP Bloodline

willt

GSP Bloodline

Post by willt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Anyone know of anyone with the bloodline Boss Ranger? I have a buddy that is looking for a pup with this in his lines, any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Will

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: GSP Bloodline

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

That dog was whelped thirty-five years ago. Other than asking why on earth you'd revist Uodibar and Esser's Chick in the same pedigree, could your friend find something closer to modern?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm

What does the .19 % mean
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:23 pm

There are some pics of him some where unless I got him confused with another Dog,he's Solid LVR.I'll see if I can find it tom.
Going to bed. :lol:

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:47 am

His HOF photo shows him to have a roan or heavily ticked chest, although being a Chick bred dog, solid liver is a genetic possibility. Regardless, the best known descendant of his that I know of is NAFC/FC/AFC Miss Millenium Von Greiwe. However, she was a Clown granddaughter through her father, so that may not be the direction you wish to pursue.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 am

Gary Nehring is a friend of mine. If anyone knows where you can find some stock from Ranger, he would. If you want to contact him, pm me and I will dig up his phone number.

That was a great dog, and the last solid liver NFC.

willt

Post by willt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks for all the info.
Will

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:08 pm

This line bred greif litter just hit the ground. B Ranger is in the 5th gen. one time. Larry Lowell has pups on the ground with some old Ammertals blood. I have a pup from that litter,if you look at my Hannah pedigree.

http://www.kmkshorthairs.com/Puppies/KMKPuppies.htm

http://www.kmkshorthairs.com/Pedigrees/ ... Litter.htm

Larry Lowells http://lowellsgundogs.com/pb/wp_62ad09b ... d09b5.html
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Check your PM

fourseasons

Post by fourseasons » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Jim BIrdsall in MD built his kennel based on breedings from his liver Boss Ranger dog of years ago - Quicksilver's Boss Shadow MH (see some photos of dogs from South Pines kennel here: http://www.gundogbreeders.com/classifieds/2528.html). Looks like there's an e-mail/phone number link on that page. Jim's dog was out of a breeding we did in the 80's between Boss Ranger and a lv/lv.roan show/hunting GSP bitch. I bred GSP under the Quicksilver kennel prefix back in the 70's/80's (no relation to R.J. Marquart's GSP that he began breeding later on under the Quicksilver name).

Vision

Post by Vision » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Kevin Waide has some dogs with Boss Ranger blood in them. Ranger is way back, but still there.

Prairie Hunter

Post by Prairie Hunter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:That dog was whelped thirty-five years ago. Other than asking why on earth you'd revist Uodibar and Esser's Chick in the same pedigree, could your friend find something closer to modern?
There's nothing wrong with having some of the great old dogs behind your dog. Axel v. Wasserschling shows up 75 times in the pedigree of my last pup. Esser's Chick shows up 24 times, and Kay vd Wildburg shows up 47 times. I love knowing those great old dogs are behind what I have today. Statisically, at least, they are still making a significant contribution of genetic material to these dogs. That's just my opinion and what I like.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Prairie Hunter wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:That dog was whelped thirty-five years ago. Other than asking why on earth you'd revist Uodibar and Esser's Chick in the same pedigree, could your friend find something closer to modern?
There's nothing wrong with having some of the great old dogs behind your dog. Axel v. Wasserschling shows up 75 times in the pedigree of my last pup. Esser's Chick shows up 24 times, and Kay vd Wildburg shows up 47 times. I love knowing those great old dogs are behind what I have today. Statisically, at least, they are still making a significant contribution of genetic material to these dogs. That's just my opinion and what I like.
Sure those were great dogs, but I prefer to have their better-to-best descendants up close. There can be a lot of deviation in ten generations.

Prairie Hunter

Post by Prairie Hunter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:
Prairie Hunter wrote:
Sure those were great dogs, but I prefer to have their better-to-best descendants up close. There can be a lot of deviation in ten generations.
All dogs have flaws, and if the descendants improved on their ancestor’s flaws while retaining all of the good traits, I would prefer them up close as well. However, if given the chance to breed to an Axel or Kay today, I would jump at the chance. They are the kind of dogs I like.

Prairie Hunter

Post by Prairie Hunter » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 am

gpblitz wrote:
Prairie Hunter wrote: if given the chance to breed to an Axel or Kay today, I would jump at the chance.
Did you ever see Axel or Kay or a son or daughter to know for sure? Just asking.
Not personally. I have only seen pictures. They were around before I was into these dogs. However, I know a couple of very knowledgeable breeders, whose opinions I trust, that did see them, and had hands on knowledge of several of the offspring, and progeny that came later. What I learned about those dogs is what got interested in their lines to begin with. There isn’t much of those old genetics still predominant in the gene pool. It’s been pretty watered down over the years. However, there are still a few breeders trying to keep it alive. The dogs still being produced from those lines happen to be the type of dogs I personally like.

Vision

Post by Vision » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 am

I would breed to the Axel son Esser's Chick again in a heart beat, especially if I had a Grief or Radback bred bitch.

In the history of GSP breedings there have been some that have been extremely productive. Some of the breeders had the wisdom to do the same breeding many times over, like Beiers Evolution x Ace's Prima Banane with 21 FC, and Moesgaards Dee Dee Jackson x Big Oaks Bumper which resulted in a large number of titled dogs.

One of the breedings that has left a mark on the GSP world was Esser Chick x Melissa von Grief. The great producing dogs Blick von Shinback, and Ammertals Kitt von Shinback came from this mating. How many breedings have produced 2 NFC from the same litter? Look at the production of these 2 GSP's alone, unreal how many great dogs were produced from these to prepotents. This is one of those matings that looking back on you wonder why it was not repeated many times over.

Another breeding that occurred 2x was Shilo von Hessenwald ( a Blick son) x Angel's Queen of Points. Angel was a great producing bitch for sure, one of the best. In her breeding to Shilo came, Teton's Ace, Teton's Adios Amigo, Don Miner's Axel, Teton's Erik, Kommandant von Hessenwald. Shilo died before the breeding could be done a third time but if it had there would have been a slew of titled dogs.

Kitt produced Ammertals Lancer D ( not the only good dog Kitt produced) when bred to Chayne. Lancer D is in the HOF, and the list of great dogs from Lancer is long. His reach was from coast to coast. The Esser's Chick x Melissa influence is still being felt to day in Modern day breedings.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm

You guys can call the dog "B Ranger" if you want. His call name was just Ranger. Gary is from NE MN, that area is known is the Minnesota Iron Range and is known as "Da Range" and its inhabitants are called "Rangers," hence the name. I believe Gary still has it on his license plate.

Ranger was a great dog.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:25 pm

.19 means absolutely nothing,what it means is that the dog is a TOTAL outcross because the other 99.81% is unrelated in anyway .
Troy08er wrote:What does the .19 % mean

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 am

Wildweeds wrote:.19 means absolutely nothing,what it means is that the dog is a TOTAL outcross because the other 99.81% is unrelated in anyway .
Troy08er wrote:What does the .19 % mean
Thanks for explain it to me.g
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER