Rabbit Hunting Weather

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Rabbit Hunting Weather

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm

A perfect night to get your baseball bat and go hunting rabbits in the new fallen snow. It's snowing and blowing hard enough if you find their tracks you will know they are fresh and the rabbit can't be over3 feet ahead of you. Just checked after I saw the lightning and we are geting about 3 to 4 inches an hour with the wind at 44 mph and gusting to 55. Think we have about 8 inches so far and getting heavier. Still predicting somewhere around 12 to 18 inches for here and possibly more and over 24 inches for south part of Chicago and maybe 3 ft near the lake.

The hole midwest is shut down.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

WiskeyJaR

Re: Rabbit Hunting Weather

Post by WiskeyJaR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 pm

And here in oregon we are going on our 7th day of sun with a nother 10 forecasted. You want to send our weather back home please?

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 am

looks like i wasted my money on that snowgo crap my front steps and porch are completely covered glade the door opens into the house or we'd have to dig out through a window :D I don't know about you ezzy but I don't think anything is out walking around including me :D

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 am

I wish it were snow around here. South Central PA is ice and rain!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 am

Here in CANADA its unreal..last night around 1130pm i heard a loud bang..it was our pool stairs we store on the back deck for the winter..they are tarped and blew almost all the way off the deck, pool cover is gone!! so the pool is wide open full of snow and ice!! i couldnt even open the back door to get the dog out and the wind almost blew us down the road when i took him out the front!!..no rabbit tracks here ezzy but rabbit stew would be good on this cold day :mrgreen: ....i guess me and the dog have to miss our daily doughnut and coffee at tim hortons this morning :twisted: ..we got about 9 inches of snow and no trucks in sight out here in the county :x ......ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:34 am

They have swimming pools in Canada? No way.

I'd clean out the chemicals and stock it with a few trout, ice fish a couple a times in the winter.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:43 am

Redfishkilla wrote:They have swimming pools in Canada? No way.

I'd clean out the chemicals and stock it with a few trout, ice fish a couple a times in the winter.
:P of course we have pools in canada right next to the igloo, past the ski hill :lol: ...its a salt water pool we have so i could stock it with redfish and practice my casting all winter :lol: .....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:09 am

@ ruth....lol.....let me know if those redfish make it....

armand

Post by armand » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:29 pm

lots of snow and ice here in vermot today but the season dosent end till sometime in march.i am sure my son and i will get out b4 then.he has 6 beagles i have 1 beagle an a bassette hound. bassett is my fav. but as u can imagine he dosent like the snow much nor do i that might b why he is my fav.we both agree to stay home when the snows deep. :D armand