Human society article

wes_gsp

Human society article

Post by wes_gsp » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 am

fourtrax

Re: Human society article

Post by fourtrax » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 am

I am not sure that kicking down peoples doors would be the sure way to growing old.
The police are usually pretty heavily armed & protected when engaged in similar activities.

Just remember HSUS is the largest & most active, best funded ANTI-HUNTING group out there.
They are also totally shameless about only pursuing their agenda, NOT true animal welfare.

HSUS like their "KICKS" I guess.

The HSUS is most definitely not a responsible organization employing headline grabbing tactics.
Their concern over touting their agenda, swelling their coffers far outweighs any animal welfare.
Witness the way animals suffer in their care.................

JKP

Post by JKP » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 am

What galls me is that there is clearly grounds to move legally against this organization...why hasn't it been done? Because politicians are scared of the "massaged" PR that might result...so we allow the trampling of people's rights.
Don't get me wrong...I AM against animal abuse and it does exist...but this is not the organization I want dealing with it. These folks need to be crippled once and for all.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:12 am

This incident happened in 2009. The owner suffered health problems and could not take his dogs back when the warrant was thrown out. He filed a suit, but I haven't kept up with it. The Keloland newspaper had a pretty good online archive of the case. It came about soon after the MO75 puppy farm fire case and made that year a real disaster for German shorthairs.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

DougB

Post by DougB » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:50 am

HSUS is not an animal rescue group. They would like you to think that, and will attempt to get credit for any rescues that make the evening news, but they are primarily a money raising political action group that wants to decide who can have animals and what can be done with animals, and how big a bonus to give management. They run a couple of high kill rescues, but most humane societies are not connected to HSUS, and receive no financial aide from HSUS.
April 5 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) pointed to a newly downgraded rating from Charity Navigator as evidence that the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is not adequately fulfilling its stated charitable purpose.
HSUS's 2008 tax filing shows that the group spent less than one percent of its collected donations on grants to hands-on pet shelters. It put five times as much into its executive pension plan during that year.
I formed this opinion after reading through their web site. They would rather kill animals than have them placed in homes that don't meet their criteria. Inside only, no off leash work, no working the animals, and spay or neuter them all. Contribute to the pension fund. They have no problem with partial victories or small victories, as their long term strategy means long term employment for them.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.