really?STOP IT

smokinsam

really?STOP IT

Post by smokinsam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 am

I just seen a litter advertised as "pups from showtimes rollin thunder and rawhides clown"!
C'MON PEOPLE.......STOP IT.
just sayin!............

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: really?STOP IT

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:17 am

Ewww.....

Clown was Ricky's daddy, but that's no excuse for that mangling of pedigrees. Ricky's never produced much, anyway, especially considering how much he was bred, so his name isn't much of an endorsement unless you know the bottom side.

But, I digress. YOU ARE CORRECT.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

smokinsam

Post by smokinsam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 pm

I have nothing bad to say of those two dogs.
but to advertise that pups are out of those dogs in my oppinion is kinda like false advertisement.LOL
maybe 4 or 5 generations back.but not "out of"why not just say "goes back to" or something like that.
whatever,to each their own I guess....JMHO

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:40 pm

I don't get it? What's the problem? Could someone explain why announcing a litter that way would not be good? Sorry, I'm a newb.

Bill

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:42 pm

My Casey dog is a linebred Clown dog by way of being a Ricky son out of an Oakes daughter. I like Ricky dogs. It is ridiculous to advertise them that way, like you said, because if you know anything about pedigrees, or even bothered to look at the litter pedigree if it's available, then you know Ricky brings Clown with him.

Ricky just passed away last summer at age 14, by the way. Clown was an '88 pup.

I really love the "Rusty" advertisements. Dog was whelped 33 years ago. The closest you can get are the Koonass AI pups that are on the ground now. After three generations, it's all just alphabet soup.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

smokinsam

Post by smokinsam » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:My Casey dog is a linebred Clown dog by way of being a Ricky son out of an Oakes daughter. I like Ricky dogs. It is ridiculous to advertise them that way, like you said, because if you know anything about pedigrees, or even bothered to look at the litter pedigree if it's available, then you know Ricky brings Clown with him.

Ricky just passed away last summer at age 14, by the way. Clown was an '88 pup.

I really love the "Rusty" advertisements. Dog was whelped 33 years ago. The closest you can get are the Koonass AI pups that are on the ground now. After three generations, it's all just alphabet soup.
THANK YOU
exactly what i was trying to get to.