What Brand of Dog Food is good

boykinhntr

Post by boykinhntr » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:24 pm

I really like Pro Plan. Do a search on reading dog food labels online. You can find some good info on what to look for in a food. There really is a big difference between quality foods and "everyday" brands.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:33 pm

Does anyone like iams?

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:33 am

Iams has chemicals added to it (as well as Eukanuba, which are both owned by P & G and have since greatly lowered to quality) that research is beginning to show is causing many health problems, including kidney problems, cancers, and pancreatic issues. Look for a food that has very little grain in it...they're basically fillers and don't do much for the dogs. You'll see how much fillers is in your food just by cleaning up...is it yellowish in color, big, not firm etc? Signs of too many fillers. Look for food with meat in at least the 1st 2 ingredients....meat meals, not products, by-products or real meat...these contain too much water and aren't as nutritional as the meals, which has the water removed from it and then added to the dog food. Look at the Canidae wesite and see how you like that, it's what I use. www.canidae.com

lking

Post by lking » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:18 am

Please don't forget that the Iams corporation has recently joined in the support of HSUS, one of the largest ANTI-hunting organizations in the world. Many, many pro and amateur trainers have boycotted the Iams company because of this.

I feed a Purina food called Maximum Nutrition, which is carried by most Wal Mart stores. It is basically a cheap version of Pro Plan. I have had great results.

sochuck

Post by sochuck » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:47 pm

Nutros Hi-Protien, however I have family that own a feed and supply store in southern Ohio. they are recommending an alternative brand that is being advertised as the next best thing to raw meat. I will let you all know more as i learn more.

GSPBeagle

Post by GSPBeagle » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:46 pm

What about BARF diet? I am thinking of swiching form IAMS to BARF. I am still looking into it. Any comments?

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:55 pm

BARF diets are rather expensive, not to mention time consuming and particular. It's not all that it's cracked up to be...a lot of hard work. Look for a quality food instead and take that route...again, lots of meat meal in it.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:25 pm

Whats a BARF diet?

ab576

I fed BlackGold and loved it.

Post by ab576 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:30 pm

But it's too hard to get so I went to Diamond. No complaints.

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:37 pm

Bones And Raw Food diet...each item needs to be weighed, fresh (no canned, processed or pelleted foods) and free of drugs.

ab576

Patti

Post by ab576 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:41 pm

How far north in WI. What kind of dogs do you breed?

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:44 pm

20 minutes south of Green Bay...I breed GSP's...used to breed the Lab's, but GSP's won out.

raven

Post by raven » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:43 am

I feed my dog Nutro Hi energy durring huntn' season then reg Nutro Chicken the rest of the year it something he eat and it's good for him

Helen

Post by Helen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:05 pm

I feed my lot on Dr John. They get silver when not working and I move them up to Gold when working.

Helen

sochuck

Post by sochuck » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:19 pm

Some food for thought, i have been hearing rumblings that some of the chemical used to put animals down that are being processed for animal consumption is showing up in the food itself. it could be BS but has anyone heard this.

Konza Vadasz

Post by Konza Vadasz » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:55 pm

We're often asked about what we feed our puppies and dogs. Proper nutrition is vital for the growth and development of puppies and the sustained health of adult dogs. Pups up to 6 months require twice as many calories per pound of body weight per day as they will need as adults. A 20# pup needs 1,115 calories per day! Protein requirements are also higher for growing pups than adults.

It pays to read labels on dog foods...not all foods are created equal. Look for a food that has at least:
25% protein
17% fat
1.0-1.8% calcium
and 0.8-1.6% phosphorus,
with less than 5% fiber,
is 80% digestible
and provides 1,750 metabolic calories per pound weight of feed.

For those of you living in cold northern climates, more fat isn't the best choice. Protein is the most important element in the dog's diet. It's interesting to note that competition sled dogs in Alaska are usually fed a diet that is exclusively salmon--very high protein, as opposed to a high fat diet of blubber.

If the product name contains the words "beef," "chicken," "lamb," etc., 95% of the dry weight of the product must be derived from that protein source. Any food that says "for all life stages" must meet the nutritional needs of puppies just the same as a product labeled "puppy."

A high quality diet should furnish a proper balance of essential amino acids. There are 10 amino acids which cannot be manufactured by the dog, and are considered dietary essentials.

I have researched foods extensively, and we feed Merrick's Beef 'n More brand exlcusively. www.beefnmore.com or www.merrickpetcare.com It is available through Sam's Club or Wal-Mart, and is about half the cost of premium foods (like the kind you get at the vet's, or other popular brands.) A 40# bag of dry kibble is under $15, and a case of 24 cans is under $12. It isn't necessary to spend a fortune on quality food for our dogs, but you have to read the labels!
Our vet's praise for the robust health and condition of our pups supports this choice! I was so proud when he told me he wished all the pups he sees in his clinic were as healthy as ours. :-))

We don't give our dogs rawhides--it can impact in their intestines & cause digestive problems. We do give them pig ears occasionally & they love 'em, but we don't give them more than one a week. The best choice for chewing is a big raw beef bone. We get them at a local butcher's for $.50/lb. and they last a long time! Chewing bones is good for their head/facial muscles, their teeth & gums, and helps keep tartar away.

ab576

NO

Post by ab576 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:34 pm

Haven't heard that. Feed either Diamond Prem 26 18 or Blackgold 30 20. They both meet Konza's criteria. Both cost a heluvalot less than your designer foods or even Pro Plan. Also feed a little meat and grease about once a week. Steve's Real Food IS an expensive treat I will give them when I'm working them really hard.

Bob

GRIFF MAN

Post by GRIFF MAN » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:44 am

ProPlan has been the choice for my dogs from the pup chow to the Performance and have had no allergies or upset stomachs, or very little gas.

Its not the cheapest, but I don't eat the cheapest food either so why should they.

Griff Man

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:11 pm

I have been feeding Diamond Premium. Seems to be working well.

B-townhunter

Post by B-townhunter » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:31 pm

I started with science diet, dog didn't eat it, switched to pro plan he loves the stuff!

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:49 pm

Griff MAN!!! Great to see you on another forum again. We feed Diamond and Premium Edge. I've been around the barn with all the "premium" feeds, and their's suit me best.

I'm a breeder and outfitter and trainer and I buy all my own feed, and hunt my own dogs usually in excess of a hundred days a year. Quality nutrition and reasonable price add up to value in dog food for us. I've done a lot of research and a lot of experimenting and other than adding a little dry milk, an occasional egg and some added safflower, or sunflower or olive oil occasionally for my dogs that really get strung out huning between sixty and ninety days out of 110 day stretch Diamond and PE are all they need.

I've been freinds with and corresponded with their Chief nutritionist and CEO for about ten years anytime I've had questions or suggestions and I like to think I know them like family now. They make a very high quality product and are really dedicated about doing the best they can for us and I appreciate it.

CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

GRIFF MAN

Post by GRIFF MAN » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:34 am

Charlie about time you stop working so hard and get back to the chit chat!! Great to hear from you.

For all of you that don't know Wild Rose / CR is a wealth of knowledge and he knows his dogs. If you have questions you can hope to have him help you out like I have in the past.

Charlie how was that ....you owe me $10 :wink:

Griff Man

terryg

Post by terryg » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:36 am

countryside,

you said "Iams has chemicals added to it (as well as Eukanuba, which are both owned by P & G and have since greatly lowered to quality) that research is beginning to show is causing many health problems, including kidney problems, cancers, and pancreatic issues"

could you be more specific on this "research" as to who performed it and wheer it can be found?

thanx!

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:59 am

Terry-
I've posted a few websites for you to take a look at for the info.

http://www.fda.gov/cvm/default.html
http://www.beowulfs.com/magazine/label.htm
http://www.takingthelead.co.uk/2/Health ... g_food.htm

Let me know if you have any problems accessing them.

Featherman

Post by Featherman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:08 pm

Pro Plan now, used to feed Eukanuba but with all the hype about HSUS and their refusal to address the situation, I'm back to Pro Plan.

terryg

Post by terryg » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:18 am

patty, i read each link you gave me and i found nothing that even mentioned the name "Iams or Eukanuba" except for the fact that they were owned by proctor and gamble.

i saw no reference to the chemicals you claim they are putting in their food, let alone any damge that had been proven.

perhaps i missed some of the facts you found. if you could be more specific i could look again and see what i missed.

as for the "Beowulf" page it was long on hype and short on facts. it was also an advertisement for their own brand of dog food rather than anyhting close to being scientific.
we will discount that one altogether as it is laughable.

as for the others could you point me to something a little more sound?

thanx!

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:09 pm

NEVER, EVER feed Iams/Eukanuba

This is why - http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams.asp

Click on the video link on the left hand side

Prepare to be disgusted.... :shock: :( :cry: :x

Lisa

terryg

Post by terryg » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:29 pm

hoooooooonkkk! you blew it lisa. you are promoting peta drivel and hype that holds as much water as a sieve. you should be warned that anybody quoting peta will be immediately connected to them and not welcome whatsoever in the real dog world.

since you are not from this country i will give you some slack and pretend this organization of radical leftists that has been discredited repeatedly was something you were not aware of.

if that is not the case be forewarned that these are lies and peta is the group of big fat liars that tell them. :twisted:

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:36 pm

I do not support PETA. However, somebody sent me an e-mail, and when I watched the video I was just disgusted with what I saw.

Did you watch the video, and if you did, do you think that these are reasonable ways to treat dogs?

Also if you know who really made these videos then I would love to know

Thanks

Lisa

grousehunter

Post by grousehunter » Sat May 01, 2004 12:45 am

I really doubt PETA did this since they have a member on IAMS' board. But then again no matter how low those clowns stoop or what lie they tell it doesnt really surprise me.

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Sat May 01, 2004 12:52 am

I am not neccessarily supporting PETA or any other left wing organisation,
but did you watch the video? If you did, how do you feel about what was
going on? This is what I am concerned about - that this sort of thing is
going on. I don't know who it is or what they are researching for, but this
sort of stuff has to stop.

This is an animal that we have domesticated for our own use to be hunters,
protectors, companions etc

Nobody has the right to make a creature trust us and love us, and then turn
round and treat them with such cruelty. Also I am amazed that people are
actually happy to work in a place like that....

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Mon May 03, 2004 8:30 pm

Folks to clear one thing up... PETA does not have a member on Iam's board. HSUS does. HSUS however does support PETA financially and they have a very much anti pet and anti pet owner agenda. Take some time and read the mission statements of both organizations. The Lunatic that's about to take over as the CEO for HSUS has sworn an oath to organize all their resources to ban all hunting in the US, as an archaic and disgusting brutal sport akin to dog and cock fighting.

Peta and HSUS are both absolutely dedicated to the idea of completely emiminating ALL pet ownership.... ALL

That being said... That little tidbit on the Peta site about how Iam's/Euk does there animal testing is suspect at best. They even claim with pride that it was obtained by fraudulent means by sneaking an "undercover operative" in as an employee.

I'm no fan of Iam's/Euk, won't feed their products at all. Diamond and Premium Edge are in my opinion completely superior feeds and of course the price beats all the other "premiums" pretty bad, at least in our area.

ANYTIME you are exposed to such information as the PETA website, their attacks on various people and companies consider the source of the information and ask yourself what the real agenda is behind their so called "public service announcement".

One other thing you have to keep in mind is that whether it's a dog food company or a drug company that uses animals for testing. Those animals they are using are treated as humanely as possible and all of them even in the worst of conditions are better off in those labs than they would be wrapped around the axle of a truck or stuck in the front end of your car... These are strays, they are not someone's pet, and were it not for the lab, most would be sufferenign rather brutal conditions, full of ticks, fleas, worms and disease, and the best meals they would find would be by the dumpster.

There is no way to safely test drugs, foods, animal feeds or anythign else without animal testing. All of these facilities are strictly monitored by the government at many levels and if indeed they are doing brutal and cruel and unnecessary testing, it will be stopped. CR

Wireviz_lady

food

Post by Wireviz_lady » Wed May 05, 2004 9:36 pm

I have fed it all. I use Diamond because they dont do the advertising stuff that raises their prices and more than that it is the best that I have found other than BARF. I still use some of the stuff that I used with BARF to supplement. It is a great program to check out because even if you dont use all Barf there are a lot of supplement info.
I also get a discount on it and have it shipped to my door.
Bec

grousehunter

Post by grousehunter » Wed May 05, 2004 11:23 pm

I feed Nutro Hi-Energy and am very happy with it. I looked into Diamond but I don't want to feed my dog by-products.

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Thu May 06, 2004 12:42 am

BARF diet since last two months - although my pup was raised on it a year ago. 1st night he came home, I asked breeder not to feed him, and then he got 1 chicken wing (with the bone pulped by hand crushing with end of a big knife)
He flung it around his pen trying to get to grips with it and then he settled down to chewing it and pulling it apart.

I did then go back to commercial dog food over shooting season, but to be honest I don't like the way that commercial dried dog food has all that cereal in it to bulk it out.
You can tell by the way they poo out all the volume.
With BARF you get nice small clean white poos, (like the new White Maltesers!) that within a couple of hours just crumble away - all of the goodness has been used by the body.

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Thu May 06, 2004 6:21 am

Canidae leaves the same stools as your BARF diet does. I use it b/c I don't like feeding all the "cereals" either. Canidae doesn't have any fillers in it. And no by-products.

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Thu May 06, 2004 10:27 am

:) Cool - do you know if it is only available over with you?

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Thu May 06, 2004 11:30 am

Lisa-
I asked one of the distributors about availability. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know. :D

peaceflmeadow

Post by peaceflmeadow » Thu May 06, 2004 12:54 pm

This is my first post...but thought I would JUMP right in there since this is one of my favorite topics.

We now feed a raw diet to all of our crew (3 dogs and 2 cats), been about 20 months or so since we made the switch. While I don't think it is the right diet for everyone as it DOES require more prep time, it isn't nearly as difficult as some folks think it is. Cost wise, if you buy wholesale and spend the time researching, you can get the price to be fairly close to high end kibbles. I personally feel the benefits I have seen far outweigh the extra time I spend in the kitchen. But again, it isn't for everyone.

I recommend several human grade kibbles to folks who cannot spend the time researching food.....Canidea being one of them. Wellness, Innova, and several others are really good as well.

Just my two cents :)

Erin

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Fri May 07, 2004 6:47 am

I haven't ever tried Wellness, but from the info that I've gathered on it, I wouldn't be afraid to. I've heard good things about it as well.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sat May 08, 2004 9:57 pm

I've been looking around at topics like this too.

First things first... If you're getting a new pup, feed it what the breeder fed it and gently mix in a new feed when switching, regardless of how you feel about the food the breeder fed. My breeder is feeding Euk puppy, and I'll go through at least a 20 lb. bag of the same stuff as I switch over to Canidae.

Next, pay attention to the labels. Canidae says its geared for all life stages, and there is hype that saying that means its geared towards the puppy stage. In fact, if you look at the label and compare it to Sam's Club Exceed (just like Wal-Mart's Maximum), you'll see that it's comparable to the adult stage foods, not the puppy stage.

The adult stage foods that were recommended to me were: Pro Plan, Diamond, Maximum, Exceed & Canidae. I'm choosing to go with Canidae because it's been recommended and described that the dogs will need nearly half as much to eat (as compared to the other foods) in order to maintain weight and coat. Also, because the stools are as described above. It's usually a bit more expensive than the other brands, but I've found a store within a mile of my house that sells it for $29 per bag (as compared to its normal price of $39 for a 40lb. bag).

Also, the Canidae website has a store locater, but it isn't completely accurate. I've found two stores here in Savoy that carry it, but neither is included on the Canidae website. You won't find it at any of the big chain stores though.

------------------------
http://www.doberdogs.com/menu.html This is an excellent site for comparing dog foods and really knowing what the ingredients are...
------------------------

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun May 09, 2004 5:39 pm

I switched to Canidae too a few months ago on advice from Country-Side on another forum. It is great, but very hard to find in my area (thanks for the heads-up on their site not being UTD on stores, Ayres) But I get it whenever and wherever I can, and every time someone in a pet store asks me why I don't just switch to another food, I say "Look at my dog." I am constantly getting comments about how shiny and brilliant his coat is, and he never ever has the least bit of doggy breath :D

As to what was said earlier about lower levels of protein and fat, I supplement a couple times a week with canned tuna and boiled eggs, and he gets the skin and fatty tissue whenever we have fish fillets for dinner, and whenever we go camping or hiking or anything long and strenuous I bring along tuna and eggs for that extra shot of protein and fat.

Just my $.02.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sun May 09, 2004 11:05 pm

On the side of supplements, I've heard from a dog owner at a dog show that giving a sardine every once in awhile (I can't remember how often) will keep the coat shiny and also help with some disease of the eyes (I can't remember what disease). Anyone else do that or hear of it?

grousehunter

Post by grousehunter » Sun May 09, 2004 11:55 pm

Colleen wrote:I switched to Canidae too a few months ago on advice from Country-Side on another forum. It is great, but very hard to find in my area (thanks for the heads-up on their site not being UTD on stores, Ayres) But I get it whenever and wherever I can, and every time someone in a pet store asks me why I don't just switch to another food, I say "Look at my dog." I am constantly getting comments about how shiny and brilliant his coat is, and he never ever has the least bit of doggy breath :D

As to what was said earlier about lower levels of protein and fat, I supplement a couple times a week with canned tuna and boiled eggs, and he gets the skin and fatty tissue whenever we have fish fillets for dinner, and whenever we go camping or hiking or anything long and strenuous I bring along tuna and eggs for that extra shot of protein and fat.

Just my $.02.
If you want your dog to have extra energy for something strenuous then giving it to him that day won't cut it, he needs it a couple of days before hand.

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Mon May 10, 2004 12:22 pm

grousehunter,

"If you want your dog to have extra energy for something strenuous then giving it to him that day won't cut it, he needs it a couple of days before hand."
that's why i do it on a regular basis too. when he's gonna be running around all day, i do it so he'll eat. we free feed him so he almost never eats as soon as something is put in front of him. but if we're gonna be out hiking all day long, i want him to eat and fuel up before we go, so mixng the fish or eggs with the dog food guarantees he'll eat it right then. beats him running on an empty stomach or me lugging dog food around!![/quote]

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Mon May 10, 2004 5:17 pm

You know at the risk of sounding like a know it all I feel a need to jump in here again. The Myth and Misunderstandigns of canine nutrition and what actually goes into dog food formulas is really a mess.

Corn in and of itself is not "Bad for dogs", corn can harbor a lot of types of fungal spores and mold but if it's properly handled and cooked, then dried properly the problems are resolved.

Dog foods that use high percentages of corn indeed cause a lot of waste as whole corn is not very digestible to dogs, at least the protien fraction is not and therefore creates a lot of roughage or undigestible food products. Roughage IS important to a dog just like it is to a human so you need some of it to keep the bowel healthy.

Corn Gluten meal is no more a "bi product" of corn processing than gasoline is a bi product of distillation of petroleum. The primary way corn gluten meal is made is through the process of making homny which dissolves the protienaceous outer shell of the corn kernal which is then reprocessed into meal leaving the rest of the kernal as highly digestible homny.

Corn Gluten meal therefore is a very digestible source of protien for canines.

as for all the unpleasant things that make up poultry meals such as guts, heads, feet and all they are indeed highly digestible protien sources. Organ meats in general be it hearts, livers, or gizzards are highly nutritious. Take a look at what a predator eats first on a kill, it's always the entrails because those are the most nutritious and highly digestible portions of the kill.

Where you have problems with bi products primarily is where the rendering process is relatively uncontrolled and you end up with high levels of bone meal, which give correspondingly un healthy high levels of calcium and phosphorous in the feeds they are made from which can lead to joint problems particularly in large workign breeds and fast growing heavy breeds like labs, chessies, and Danes.

Soy in all it's forms is virtually undigestible in all non ruminant species without extensive processing, as are many legumes.

One of the reasons I've been stuck on diamond for so many years is I know exactly what goes into most of their formulations because I've been consulting with them off and on for over ten years. Anytime they have a new forulation coming out I hear about it anytime I have a question about one of their feeds I email the General Manager and Cheif Nutritionist directly and I always get good, reliable information out of him in a very timely fashion. He can't lie or mislead me, anymore than he can lie or misrepresent the ingredients on his labels, if he does and it's proven (which is very easy to do) he stands to lose millions in liability law suits.

In truth many of the so called premium feeds are very similar in their basic ingredients, what makes them more digestible or "better" over all are the extras that go in, as well as their own special ways of processing.

Diamond/Premium edge for example spent several million dollars puttin in special rendering facilities at tyson plants so that they could screen out excess bone meal before it ever gets to the trucks that deliver the chicken products to their feed plants. The constantly monitor the "ash" levels to be sure that all their feeds exceed the industry standards. They go to great lenght and added expense to add the tocopherals for stabilization and preservation when things like MSG would be a whole lot cheaper.

Diamond and Premium Edge are still one of only a handful of feed companies not bought out by the conglomerates and they are still working hard as a family to produce a great product at a very reasonable price. That's why combined with their minimal advertising budget they are able to offer such a high quality feed at about sixty to seventy percent of the price of their competitiors like Purina Pro Plan, Iam's and Eukanuba.

I've fed a lot of different things the past fifteen years, and nothing, absolutely nothing is as consistent or as digestible or puts the same value for the dollar into every bag. I spent a little over 5k on diamond and Premium edge last year, and will increase that by around 20% this year most likely and every dollar of it is well spent in my book.

I get very little in return for my loyatly. Mark makes sure that I get sevral cases of samples to pass out with puppies, just as any retailer gets, and this year I recieved a box of six caps from their marketing director as a "thank you". Obviously as well known as my kennel is I could manuver for some serious perks from some of the other companies, (as several have offered) but as long as Mark and the gang at Diamond/PE keep turning out the same quality products and answering all my questions any time I pose them in an honest and thoughtful way I'll keep doing things the same way. CR

dakndug

Post by dakndug » Fri May 28, 2004 8:42 am

I have been feeding Flint River Ranch for about 8 yrs. Dogs love it, stools are small, and the ingredients are all good. My only complaint is it doesn't come in a performance level food (i.e. 30/20) but my dogs do extremely well on it and hunt well too. So I haven't seen the need for any switch to a higher protien food. No blown coats, no loss of weight and good energy levels.

Doug

crow

Post by crow » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:33 am

I tell you the best food in my opinon is Wayne but for some reason you can only buy this in the north because its nowhere to be found in south. atlest within 200 miles of valdosta anyway. but I have found that good old purina has been the most consistent for me and my dogs and between me and my family we seem to always come back to old faithful. and i have never had a problem running out. This is alittle off subject but for those of you that use a hi pro alot be careful i had 2 different vets tell me that it is too hard to keep a dog on it and to be honest unless you hunt 4 times a week you dont need it. thats just some info i found take it as you want.

llewgor

Post by llewgor » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:06 pm

Isn't this funny :?: You see this on every forum. Whats best for your dogs :?: I'm feeding my Candiae and Healthwise active and reading everything I find about the subject. I WISH IT WAS EASY :banghead: but NOOOO. Everyone whats to sell you something, whether it's the dog food company or a company with something new that appeals to us. Anyway here's more to read wwwthepetcenter.com and naturapet.com. I like naturapet because you can compare your food with almost any other by ingredients. When go to the compare wizard click on the ingredients and see if you what your dog to eat corn gluten meal or dried beet pulp. Who really knows for sure :?: If anyone has any websites to read about dog foods I'm interested thanks :D
Billy
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change"

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=147

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=152