? Is there such a thing these days

4ShotB

? Is there such a thing these days

Post by 4ShotB » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:58 pm

as too much information? I am picking up my pup this weekend and what he feeds I can't get around here. So I started researching dog food, including the forum here and my brain sort of locked up at the various debates/arguments/etc. So I started looking elsewhere on line and got further confused as i kept looking at more and more sites. For whatever food there is, people love it and hate it (and I'm sure their dogs handle it different etc.) i probably spent who knows how many hours reading about dog food.

so I have picked my feed but this ain't about dog food per se...i just seems that before this here internet thing came along I probably would have bought whatever the local feed store had and been fat, dumb and happy. Is ignorance really bliss as they say???
Last edited by 4ShotB on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: ? Is there such a thing these days

Post by birddogger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 pm

It is as simple now as it was before the internet. :wink:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

I used to feed Old Roy and let my dog ride in the back of my pickup. The more information you gain, the better, more informed choice you can make. The internet just makes it easier to find information.

4ShotB

Post by 4ShotB » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm

the real question to me is, when the dog got Ol' roy and rode in the pack of the truck, weren't you more satisfied when you didn't know better? I grew up in the era when kids didn't have car seats or helmets for bicycles or shoes for every sport or situation. we hunted and hiked and played ball in the same pair of shoes if you can believe that and were unaware that it took different types of shoes to do these things. I realize sometimes that I am out of touch with things - but I am at least out here on the internets!!! 8)

smokinsam

Post by smokinsam » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

hahahah
"the google machine"

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:08 pm

4ShotB wrote:the real question to me is, when the dog got Ol' roy and rode in the pack of the truck, weren't you more satisfied when you didn't know better? I grew up in the era when kids didn't have car seats or helmets for bicycles or shoes for every sport or situation. we hunted and hiked and played ball in the same pair of shoes if you can believe that and were unaware that it took different types of shoes to do these things. I realize sometimes that I am out of touch with things - but I am at least out here on the internets!!! 8)
Ho Ho maybe someone with some common sense! As far as the dog food thing goes, find a food with a higher protein/fat level that your dog likes and you can afford plus being readily available and you will have a good dog food. And then stick with it no matter how much you read about all of the better feeds. If your dog is doing good thats as far as you need to look for advice.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

PointingQuail

Post by PointingQuail » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Too much information is never a bad thing. It is what you do with it that can be judged.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

PointingQuail wrote:Too much information is never a bad thing. It is what you do with it that can be judged.
Don't think I can agree with this as I have found when there is too much a lot of it is inaccurate. You can onlyprint the same thing so many times and then if you can't come up with something different, no matter if accurate or not, you just lose your readers.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.