Pics

prairiefirepointers

Pics

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 pm

What is the deal with people posting gargantuan sized pics??? If you don't know how to resize a pic, Ask... Or just don't post them. I like seeing pics as much as anybody, but nothing turns me off of them quicker than a pic so big that you can't view it properly.

I am now off my soapbox... Carry on. :D
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: Pics

Post by nikegundog » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Do you want to explain how to resize them, I have never posted because of that exact problem. I know someone explained recently, but don't know where.

tn red

Post by tn red » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:33 pm

I didnt realize GDF made you look at the oversized pics :idea:

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Red, its in the by-laws when you registered. However you don't have to look at the setters.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:34 pm

If you post with your phone it shows up huge....FYI doesn't mean they can't delete later, resize pic and post again.... I just click on the pic and hit view picture on my phone... works quite well.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:45 pm

nikegundog wrote:Do you want to explain how to resize them, I have never posted because of that exact problem. I know someone explained recently, but don't know where.
Nike, it took me a while to get it but once you do it its easy..go to photobucket online and register..whenever you want to upload a pic just hit the green button that says "upload now" and then hit the green button that says "select photos and videos", that will cause your files from your computer to show up and you can access all your pics that you want to upload from your computer..just select the pics you want and click the "open" button..it will put the pics on your photobucket album and you hit "save and continue my album" then put your mouse over the pic and hit "edit".. above the pic you will see the "resize" button, click it and choose the size 800x600 or you can choose smaller, click "apply" and at the bottom of the pic click " replace original" and you can post it on here by left clicking the IMG code then just paste on your post ..its sounds like alot but its really not once you do it..i dont log out of photobucket so i can just punch it up and it brings me right to my album...hope you do it so you can share pics :D ......ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

taxidermy

Post by taxidermy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Darn we have a new owner again ;If i had a program on my computer i would resize, but, prairiefirepointers fell free to help and resize them for me .
BTW i have thanked Grant for helping me in the past.

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:13 pm

You can download this free photo re-sizer from http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize The file name will read "photoresize400.exe" If this re-sizes the pictures too large or small, you can change the file name to "photoresize300.exe" or "photoresize600.exe" The numbers stand for the pixel size i.e. - 600x800 Create a shortcut on your desktop after you've downloaded it. The web site has better instructions on how to use it, so take the time to read them.

The program will automatically create a copy of the original image and re-size it. The copy will have a name of Tucker-400.jpg for example. Using this program, you have to click on Upload attachment at the bottom of your message, then follow the clicks to upload your file. You can only add 3 photos per message with this method, but it is very easy to do.

This is the program we use to upload images to our church website, which is really important when you're uploading hundreds of pics from an event. :) I used to re-size these photos from Tucker's 4th time on carded pigeons today. The top one was his first real point! Unfortunately, my son wasn't in position to get it, but it sure was pretty. :)
Cheryl
DSC06618-400.jpg
DSC06622-400.jpg
DSC06626-400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:10 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:What is the deal with people posting gargantuan sized pics??? If you don't know how to resize a pic, Ask... Or just don't post them. I like seeing pics as much as anybody, but nothing turns me off of them quicker than a pic so big that you can't view it properly.

I am now off my soapbox... Carry on. :D
Buy a bigger monitor (or everyone else could just buy smaller dogs)!!! :lol: