Day of feather and fur

Georgia Boy

Day of feather and fur

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Anka vom Seymour at 16 weeks pointing like a big dog. She nailed one from about 20 yards and is really starting to search with purpose.

She also got introduced to Mr Opossum today, wasent as much fun as the rabbit a few weeks ago that ran like crazy.

We let Dachs have the honors

Last edited by Georgia Boy on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Birddogz

Re: Day of feather and fur

Post by Birddogz » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Right on, you still going to ND next year?
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:17 pm

I would love to make it up there again, early if its not to hot. We will have to see about the price of fuel when the time comes.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Did you trap that possum and then release it for her? Or, was it walking around during the day?

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm

We caught it last night but we do find them during the day, usually under stumps or in hollowed out trees. They are pretty good in a crock pot with potatoes and carrots with a little onion :lol:

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:37 pm

You eat those things?!!!!
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

baileydog2007

Post by baileydog2007 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:40 pm

I think any dog that is privvy to fur, aint a birddog. Its definately versital, but IMO versital means OK at a few things and good at none. Its like a "pointing lab" , is it a pointer or a lab???

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:45 pm

baileydog2007 wrote:I think any dog that is privvy to fur, aint a birddog. Its definately versital, but IMO versital means OK at a few things and good at none. Its like a "pointing lab" , is it a pointer or a lab???
I think you are full of crap :roll:

JKP

Post by JKP » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I think any dog that is privvy to fur, aint a birddog. Its definately versital, but IMO versital means OK at a few things and good at none. Its like a "pointing lab" , is it a pointer or a lab???
You're entitled to your opinion.....but the 20 plantation Pointers and their handlers that I took money off a year back would disagree....they haven't invited me back. Yep...ducks in the morning....sharpies in the afternoon...and a few bunnies for the pot in between....and then taking money off the longtails....doesn't get any better...and all with one of those trash chasin, mean, drop tailed, head hung low, ugly dogs....PERFECT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 1976, a German gal on the west coast imported a 6 month old DD from Germany from a kennel that hunts mainly big game. She put a CH on the dog and at the age of 3 the dog went to a pro trainer. At the age of 4 he was an FC running in all breed stakes in the CA, ID, OR, WA, etc. Produced 1/2 doz FC as well. Good old versatile pig dog....trash chasin "versital" as you put it....more than a few longtails wished he's stayed in Germany.

Where do you think your shorthairs came from??? :lol: :lol:

baileydog2007

Post by baileydog2007 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Georgia Boy wrote:
baileydog2007 wrote:I think any dog that is privvy to fur, aint a birddog. Its definately versital, but IMO versital means OK at a few things and good at none. Its like a "pointing lab" , is it a pointer or a lab???

Completely fair opinion. I have been told as much. :wink: But, a bird dog is either a pointer or a retriever IMO.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Technically, if you break it down, a dog that will hunt birds should be considered a bird dog, don't you think?

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:30 pm

You obviously know nothing about the "versatile breeds"!! "OK at a few things and good at none"?? This post may show the most lack of knowledge of any post I have ever read! :roll: :roll:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Brittlover

Post by Brittlover » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:37 pm

blueblood wrote:Technically, if you break it down, a dog that will hunt birds should be considered a bird dog, don't you think?
By that definition I used to own a hunting rottweiler. He used to flush up the pheasants that the speed ball Brittany ran past. :D

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:35 pm

You have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have never been around a good versatile dog much less a great one.
Keep learning you may understand one day, but I doubt it.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:52 pm

baileydog2007 wrote:
Georgia Boy wrote:

Completely fair opinion. I have been told as much. :wink: But, a bird dog is either a pointer or a retriever IMO.
I have never talked down to a person on this forum but you must not know the words Force Fetch and "our opinion isnt fair" it is a fact!
:roll: :roll: :roll: Clueless I say clueless you are. Post less read more.

I will say you are entitled to your opinion but your opinion in this case is full of SHE IT. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

baileydog2007

Post by baileydog2007 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 pm

northern cajun wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have never been around a good versatile dog much less a great one.
Thats true. I have never been around a good or great versatile gun dog. I will definately keep learning, and contrary to your snide opinion of my ability to learn/understand, I think Ill be ok. May or may not agree once I am exposed to all you have been in the versatile dog world, but Im not a retard, Ill figure it out.

Charlie, Im sure Ill never be as informed and smart as you. But the double eye roll certainly tells me Im up against an incredibly witty and well informed bird dog genious.

I simply stated my opinion. didnt mean to slight any breed or claim to be an expert. But got immediately branded an idiot. Nice. And probably proves my point. If you have to defend your dog to the degree of calling a guy you dont even know, an idiot, its probably saying somethig.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:25 am

Charlie, Im sure Ill never be as informed and smart as you.
I get the feeling you are probably correct on that one.

Charlie

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 am

baileydog2007 wrote:
northern cajun wrote:
Thats true. I have never been around a good or great versatile gun dog. I will definately keep learning, and contrary to your snide opinion of my ability to learn/understand, I think Ill be ok. May or may not agree once I am exposed to all you have been in the versatile dog world, but Im not a retard, Ill figure it out.

Charlie, Im sure Ill never be as informed and smart as you. But the double eye roll certainly tells me Im up against an incredibly witty and well informed bird dog genious.

I simply stated my opinion. didnt mean to slight any breed or claim to be an expert. But got immediately branded an idiot. Nice. And probably proves my point. If you have to defend your dog to the degree of calling a guy you dont even know, an idiot, its probably saying somethig.
I would agree your not a retard, but dont make blanket statements like its either a "retriever or pointer" and then come back and say oh I have never been around a good versatile dog.....

You made an idiotic or completely uninformed statement hence the "branding" and my "snide" remark I was actually being nice believe it or not. I wasnt defending my dog I was defending versatile dogs.

I would venture to say that Mr. Wehle would roll over in his grave at your statement about either retriever or pointer.

Lastly in my humble opinion a pointing dog that doesnt retrieve well makes no sense for example "I can find and shoot birds over a good pointing/versatile dog but not finding them once killed because the dog doesn't retrieve makes no sense to me and is wasteful. But what would I know.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

NORTHERN CAJUN

baileydog2007

Post by baileydog2007 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:41 am

^ My bad. Youre a gundog wizzard. And any dog who can point and kill a opossum is clearly all that and then some. When there is a shortage of pheasant/grouse/chuckar/birds, its good to know opossum is an option. Maybe need to add them to the training routine.

Didnt mean a pointer wouldnt retrieve. But ANY lab (or any non pointer) can be trained to point. Doesnt make them a "pointing" dog. And just because a pointer will retreive, doesnt make them a "retriever". If you think all pointers are as good at "retrieveing" as a lab/retriever, then, OK. Im sure "pointing" labs are as good at pointing as any gsp/ep/es, right????

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:42 am

Georgia Boy, it looks like he has all the natural instincts to make a really good bird dog and any other kind of dog you might want him to be! Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Charlie

asc

Post by asc » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:06 am

Georgia Boy wrote:We caught it last night but we do find them during the day, usually under stumps or in hollowed out trees. They are pretty good in a crock pot with potatoes and carrots with a little onion :lol:
Do you put them in a cage and clean them out for a few days? I haven't eaten one since my father died 22 yrs ago and no, he didn't get food posioning from a possum.
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

JKP

Post by JKP » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:17 am

Didnt mean a pointer wouldnt retrieve. But ANY lab (or any non pointer) can be trained to point. Doesnt make them a "pointing" dog. And just because a pointer will retreive, doesnt make them a "retriever". If you think all pointers are as good at "retrieveing" as a lab/retriever, then, OK. Im sure "pointing" labs are as good at pointing as any gsp/ep/es, right????
Your reasoning is so convoluted, its hard to follow. Lets keep it simple. Britts, GSP, Vizla, and several more Vdog breeds are now for the most part in this country "bird dogs". Where do you think they came from? Would you agree that they are pretty successful running ahead of horses? Do you know that many Pointers in Europe go through the same training as Vdogs? retrieve of fox drag? duck search? etc? So are they non bird dogs too? I gave you examples (and can give you many more) of Vdog imports that have gotten off the "boat" and held their own in "bird dog" venues with bird dogs. You seem to want to just believe what you want to believe. The comical part of this is that many of the so called "bird dogs" out there are by natural instinct no different than my ugly dogs....they chase rabbits and kill fur til someone "jolts" them with $500 worth of electronics. I just prefer to train mine to handle fur properly.

Worse fur chasin worthless sack of canine horsedung I ever saw was a Pointer...a Tri Tronics Pro couldn't keep that dog from chasin deer, killn" coons and vermin. Please don't give me the high and mighty, lofty, ethereal gaze from the heights of "burd dawg" superiority.

I'll be here next year, like every year, in October your welcome to bring your "bird dogs"...bring your wallet too :lol: :lol:

DougB

Post by DougB » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:56 pm

O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet;
If it hunts, it's a hunting dog. The rest are arbitrary divisions. I read a post by a man hunting pheasants, successfully, with his German Shepherd. It flushed and retrieved birds. The breed is herding, the dog is a hunter.

That's a good looking little bearded dog, even with that ugly thing in its mouth.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

JKP

Post by JKP » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:28 pm

That's a good looking little bearded dog, even with that ugly thing in its mouth.
Actually...that's a rat the dog killed in Georgia Boy's trailer!!! :lol: :lol: saved him from havin to git his gun.

Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:04 pm

I cant remember ever seeing a wirehair in the american field? i am sure there have been some on a weekend trials but i doubt it there is any that have won going the hour.
the wirehair is a good breed but lets not build them into something they are not... even if there was one that won a all breed AKC trial in 1976.

JKP, what was the name of the trial you beat all the longtails in?

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:17 pm

JKP wrote:
Actually...that's a rat the dog killed in Georgia Boy's trailer!!! :lol: :lol: saved him from havin to git his gun.
The trailers are on the other side of the tracks. Me, my wife and 6 kids along with three ugly dogs live in a old school bus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:35 pm

I promise you that you have no idea of what you speak. DDs are GREAT at it all. :wink:
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 pm

I cant remember ever seeing a wirehair in the american field? i am sure there have been some on a weekend trials but i doubt it there is any that have won going the hour.
Oh, there have been a few GWP's that have done some in Am. Field events. Does an hour AKC count? Dog in photo defeated 96 other dogs in a 1 hr stake last fall......not your average dog mind you as most Wires are simply great hunting companions for their owners. Not that many of trial the breed, but those that do, do a pretty dang good.
Same pooch has taken out his share of groundhogs to boot. Just not during a trial.

It's what they do, and were bred for. But most would rather they didn't.
Fuzz
Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

Tall Boy

Post by Tall Boy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Very true that any breed has the ability to have outstanding performers. However, I think it's crazy that you think anything can out run a top pointer on a southern plantation. The two are a match made in heaven!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Tall Boy, I will give you that. The problem I have is when somebody says that other breeds can do things "OK" but are "good at nothing", which is what one poster said on this thread. Georgia Boy was proudly [and rightly so] showing off his new puppy and shared some really nice pics, when he was arrogantly insulted, for no reason, by somebody who has no clue as to what he is talking about. He also commented on the puppy showing interest in a possum, saying that a dog is not a bird dog when it does that, when most of us know that any prey driven dog will hunt and/or try to catch fur if given the chance.

Charlie

JKP

Post by JKP » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Very true that any breed has the ability to have outstanding performers. However, I think it's crazy that you think anything can out run a top pointer on a southern plantation. The two are a match made in heaven!
Out run?? maybe not....out produce??...heck yes!!! Sold a nice little bitch to a fellow that heads up quail research in FL....said that little ugly dog would flat out produce more quail than any longtail he ever owned or saw and he consulted for a lot of the big estates around Thomasville and saw a lot of dogs...road the trials in the area...had longtail trainers tell him they were glad the dog wasn't eligible to compete. Hunted behind that dog for 2 days and the first day she produced 8 (!!!!) covies in a little under 2 hours. Maybe dogs would outrun her...if running is the only measure. :lol:
JKP, what was the name of the trial you beat all the longtails in?
Its a private fundraiser....10% of the betting goes to a local charity...good cause and a lot of fun....but its serious in that a number of dogs are trained down south...mainly longtails...not a national caliber stakes...but owners are still expecting to win the money. Judged more on how dogs handle birds than run....doesn't matter...was just as sweet. I think all the phez on the course that year helped us...my big "moose" was nailing down cockbirds all around the course...yeah, I know just a meat dog..too many finds...hunted too much...not enough run....probably should shoot that POS...no wait!!!....she paid for herself in one day....guess I'll keep her!!!

I think that the assumption by many is that only horseback dogs are bird dogs...got news for ya...ain't so. If you want to define them by what they look like, how big they run, and how often they stand on the horizon in silhouette...I'll have to give it to ya!!!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:15 pm

I think that the assumption by many is that only horseback dogs are bird dogs...got news for ya...ain't so.
Yep, if that were the case, the vast majority of us could never own a bird dog. Don't get me wrong though, I admire the horseback dogs too. But good bird dogs come in a lot of different breeds, length of hair, size, color, range, etc. A good dog is a good dog.

Charlie

Tall Boy

Post by Tall Boy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Anyday my friend, the EP is king on the southern wild bird plantations, no ifs ands or buts. It will out run, out class, and out find any other breed time, and time again down here in the Deep South on wild birds. Don't get me wrong I love the versatile breeds, the dog in my avatar is one of my top dogs and she's a gsp. My dad just started training a viszla puppy, and it is one of the best looking dogs Ive ever seen. But bar none EP is the best in my realm.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Tall Boy wrote:Anyday my friend, the EP is king on the southern wild bird plantations, no ifs ands or buts. It will out run, out class, and out find any other breed time, and time again down here in the Deep South on wild birds. Don't get me wrong I love the versatile breeds, the dog in my avatar is one of my top dogs and she's a gsp. My dad just started training a viszla puppy, and it is one of the best looking dogs Ive ever seen. But bar none EP is the best in my realm.
I didn't know we were discussing which particular breed is better in a particular part of the country :wink: but I don't doubt what you are saying.

Charlie

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 pm

I always look in a thread about a versatile dog doing it's work when I want to know that a pointer is the best southern quail dog.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

JKP

Post by JKP » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:57 am

I always look in a thread about a versatile dog doing it's work when I want to know that a pointer is the best southern quail dog.
Ezzy, I have no problem with that...and if I lived in quail country, I'd have one. But I don't think that was the cause for discussion here. If we took good versatiles and good longtails hunting on foot for a day, I don't think we would see a lot of difference, not enough to give anyone bragging rights anyway.

But you are right....is funny how they all run home to Mama with the "best quail dog" line.

Modi

Post by Modi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:17 am

Baileydog,

If you are even still following this thread. I am curious as to what you mean by your statement. Are you suggesting that a dog that runs fur can not handle birds as well as one that does not, and thus is like your pointing lab example, or are you saying that given to identically talented bird dogs, if one of them also chases fur, he is not a bird dog though his feathers only twin is?

I was brought up thinking that chasing fur was a bad trait. This was tough since we had wirehairs. I have grown out of this as I age. I find the true versatile GWP and DD stuff really fascinating. It is their heritage after all. I am not sure how I will handle this all with the new pup. I doubt that discouraging chasing bunnies will improve his bird handling. We shall see.

baileydog2007

Post by baileydog2007 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:58 am

Modi wrote:Baileydog,

If you are even still following this thread. I am curious as to what you mean by your statement. Are you suggesting that a dog that runs fur can not handle birds as well as one that does not, and thus is like your pointing lab example, or are you saying that given to identically talented bird dogs, if one of them also chases fur, he is not a bird dog though his feathers only twin is?

I was brought up thinking that chasing fur was a bad trait. This was tough since we had wirehairs. I have grown out of this as I age. I find the true versatile GWP and DD stuff really fascinating. It is their heritage after all. I am not sure how I will handle this all with the new pup. I doubt that discouraging chasing bunnies will improve his bird handling. We shall see.

No. I dont think that if they chase fur that they are any worse on birds. I worded responses poorly. While some might like a versitale dog, I tend to like one that is more specialized, if thats the right term. If I wanted a dog to hunt mostly waterfowl, I would likely get a lab. If I wanted one that hunted mostly upland, I would get a pointer. If I wanted a fur hunting dog, I might get a DD. I know many of those can perform in some/all areas, but I would want one that was more specific to what I do. Just my opinion and I dont claim to be an expert, however, Im not anidiot (my ex wife might disagree :wink: ). All breeds when out in the field might be apt to chase a deer, a racoon, whatever, that happens when in the field a lot. As one poster so politely put, Ill just read more and post less.

JKP

Post by JKP » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:06 am

I think its sometimes difficult to get a grasp on other dogs and venues when you don't have occasion to be involved with them. Most of us are dedicated to our dogs and our chosen dog activity and make assumptions or conjecture from lack of info.
I think that's why some feel that all FT longtails (for example) are high strung, or work out of sight, more likely to run off and such garbage. Others may think that Vdogs are poor pointers, tend to bootlicking, not really as effective as bird dogs and such. I think if we all spent a little more time in other camps we'd end up admiring the best of the dogs in both...and a lot of stereotypes would be history. Would anyone rush out and buy one of my DD tomorrow...heck no...but maybe folks what have a better perspective and we'd hear less of these generalizations.

Modi

Post by Modi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm

JKP,

+1

Right on the money. As a group, shouldn't all of us that hunt with dogs stick together?

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:54 pm

No. I dont think that if they chase fur that they are any worse on birds. I worded responses poorly. While some might like a versitale dog, I tend to like one that is more specialized, if thats the right term. If I wanted a dog to hunt mostly waterfowl, I would likely get a lab. If I wanted one that hunted mostly upland, I would get a pointer. If I wanted a fur hunting dog, I might get a DD. I know many of those can perform in some/all areas, but I would want one that was more specific to what I do. Just my opinion and I dont claim to be an expert, however, Im not anidiot (my ex wife might disagree ). All breeds when out in the field might be apt to chase a deer, a racoon, whatever, that happens when in the field a lot. As one poster so politely put, Ill just read more and post less.
baileydog, hopefully, your comments were just worded poorly and had a different meaning than what we read. I understand what you are saying about wanting a dog that is specialized in the type of hunting you do, but most of the so called versatile breeds in the country today are bird dogs before anything else IMO. I have GSPs and I promise you they are bird crazy and pure bird dogs. They are also good trackers and strong swimmers, but are bird dogs first. Most of us have our breed preferences but surely you don't really believe that versatile dogs can do a few things OK but can do nothing good. If you like, respond to this again. I am willing to start over if you are.

Charlie

JKP

Post by JKP » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:58 am

but most of the so called versatile breeds in the country today are bird dogs before anything else IMO
I would agree that most of the work for all the pointing breeds in this country centers around birds. I do a fair amount of duck/goose hunting...and I enjoy shooting a few bunnies for the freezer. I've had a chance to track a few lost deer over the years and wish I had more opportunity...very satisfying. The reason I stick with the whole versatile concept is the dogs....overall (PLEASE...note the word overall...let's not start the fisticuffs), I find there is much more emphasis on a calm dog that is more dependent, responsive to the handler and is more capable of switching gears. Now I know the word "dependent" is a huge negative for many...I'm not talking about a bootlicker...I'm talking about a dog that has more need to know where I am. My dogs are not trial dogs..they are 75 yd grouse dogs and 200 yd CRP dogs...but if they don't see me coming, it won't be long until they come find me. They can sit in a duckblind for 4 hours first thing in the morning without protest...and they are willing to lead calmly on a bloodtrack. I like these dogs mentally...they fit my style and thats what it should be about for all of us. I will put the best of them against any bird dog on walk up hunting and will be able to hold my head up at the end of the day and if the day also includes 4 hours of waterfowling before we go bird hunting, I'm sure I'll be holding my head up.

My first question when researching Vdogs is "can the dog sit quietly in the blind between retrieves"...I know the lines that interest me will run and point birds..its the "hard wiring", the "default mode", that every dog has, that is important to me.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Good post JKP. I think anybody who would like to see what the versatile dogs are about should try to attend a NAVHDA utility test. It is amazing to watch the dogs work a field, slam a point with intensity and style, remain STWSF and retrieve to hand. Then move to a lake and do a blind duck search, thoroughly searching until they find the duck, without a clue as to where it is at. Then track a running bird for a hundred yards or so like a hound. Then stay steady in a blind while a shot is fired in the air, holding steady while a duck is launched out across the lake with another shot fired and when released, swim out and retrieve the duck to hand and do everyone of these tasks with intesity and drive!

Charlie

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Tall Boy wrote:Anyday my friend, the EP is king on the southern wild bird plantations, no ifs ands or buts. It will out run, out class, and out find any other breed time, and time again down here in the Deep South on wild birds. Don't get me wrong I love the versatile breeds, the dog in my avatar is one of my top dogs and she's a gsp. My dad just started training a viszla puppy, and it is one of the best looking dogs Ive ever seen. But bar none EP is the best in my realm.
Bring those longtails up to ND in December, and we'll see what they got. :wink: Pheasants require a lot more skill than quail on a plantation. :wink: After we shoot some phez, we'll go down to the MO river and slam some geese. :D

tn red

Post by tn red » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:49 am

Birddogz wrote:
Bring those longtails up to ND in December, and we'll see what they got. :wink: Pheasants require a lot more skill than quail on a plantation. :wink: After we shoot some phez, we'll go down to the MO river and slam some geese. :D
Georgia Boy great looking dog,looks like alot of fun.Birddogz you know about as much about hunting quail & what i takes as i do hunting in -30 below frozen cattails . :lol: :lol: You have no clue what it takes down here,all you do is run everybody dogs down that don't hunt off snowmobiles or limit out everyday of the season!Like you say they're birds everywhere in ND come on down here where a dog has to HUNT then brag about :idea: