New Britt puppy in the house!!

zachsdad

New Britt puppy in the house!!

Post by zachsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:50 pm

We made the 2500 + mile round trip from Hondo, Tx to Iowa this week and picked up my pup, Teal. ( I know it rymes with heel, but I'll work around that)

On the trip home, she had to learn about leads, potty breaks on a lead, riding in a truck and sleeping in her kennel at night.

She picked up on all of it in just minutes and the trip home was smooth.

When we got home on Friday, we let her roam a bit then planted a pigeon for her.( She had been introduced to birds in Iowa) When she got the wind right, she pointed a bit, then went in and found the bird. After that, we tossed the bird for her and she loved it, bringing it back to us most every time.

This is a very sharp puppy. In the house, she is a hand full. When she gets into something and we call her for it, she'll run and slide across the floor and then just lay there looking at you like she's all innocent. RIGHT!

Anyway, she is my first. All I have had is labs til now and I am looking forward to the times to come.

Here is Teal. 11 weeks old, chillin' in the yard.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:08 pm

Now that is a cutie congrats on the new baby
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:56 am

Looks like one content pup! I'm sure you'll have plenty of good times to share with this one.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

EWSIV

Post by EWSIV » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:15 am

zachsdad,

That is a great pic. Keep the puppy pics comin'. I have to wait 32 days to pick up my new brittany pup.

Will