Question for GSP'ers

snips
GDF Junkie

Question for GSP'ers

Post by snips » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am

Rick asked me a question I thought was very thought provoking...If you could get frozen semen from any of the past dogs who would it be...? I know who I answered without much thought...How bout you guys?
Last edited by snips on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brenda

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Question for GSP'ers

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 am

Top three: Ruffy, Axel, Tell.

There are some foundation bitches I'd rather clone, though.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:49 am

Elhew Snakefoot, Miller's Silver Bullet and Honky Tonk Attitude :D :D :D I couldn't resist.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 am

ElhewPointer wrote:Elhew Snakefoot, Miller's Silver Bullet and Honky Tonk Attitude :D :D :D I couldn't resist.
The last one is wrong. It should be Fiddler's Ace. Damage was done by the time Bull came along. :mrgreen:

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:02 am

Blue Earth Rex, Dixie Land Rusty,Dixie Land Luke. :)

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:03 am

snips wrote:Rick asked me a question I thought was very thought provoking...If you could get frozen semen from any of the past dogs who would it be...? I know who I answered without much thought...How bout you guys?

Brenda who did you say? What about Rick?

Firemedic

Post by Firemedic » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 am

Hands down Crosswind Truckin Fritz. I have 3 males out of him that are nothing short of amazing. Two are under a year and a half and have a lot of promise.

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:35 am

Cajun Casey wrote:Top three: Ruffy, Axel, Tell.

You forgot your favorite.......Slick

LMAO

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:57 am

CHJIII wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:Top three: Ruffy, Axel, Tell.

You forgot your favorite.......Slick

LMAO
I was gonna put him on the other topic. :)

jstpnt1

Post by jstpnt1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 am

Rusty, Brown L, Dandy Dude, Koonas, Dee Dee Jackson, Sport (original Pj Wildfire), Windy Hill Prince James, Ehrlicher Abe.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:10 am

ACooper wrote:
snips wrote:Rick asked me a question I thought was very thought provoking...If you could get frozen semen from any of the past dogs who would it be...? I know who I answered without much thought...How bout you guys?

Brenda who did you say? What about Rick?
Essers Chick for me. Ricks thinking.... :roll:
brenda

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:39 am

Well Fritz would be one the other would and maybe first is Engelhardts Ben Von Seiger Boss. My Mercy's dad and she is just like he was maybe a touch better. And there were a few that came from him that were just like him.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:13 pm

I cant just pick one as I havent seen any of them work a field :) but maybe Hustler or his Dad ? I know of a few hege-haus Iwould breed to that are gone.. messed up and didnt breed my female early and lost her in an accident. Almost lost my daughter in that incident.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Meller wrote:Blue Earth Rex, Dixie Land Rusty,Dixie Land Luke. :)
I think Steve has a few straws of Rexx left.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:29 pm

I think Steve has a few straws of Rexx left
I spoke with him some time ago, he isnt ready to part with any yet :) but someday...
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Windy Hill Prince James (best nose ever)

Moosegard's Dee Dee Jackson if we are going to use it Big Oak Bumper or her daughter Dixie

The Cutter stuff that Hayley now owns but the info on that long term is still out

Koonas or Slick

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

EK Cottontop

Post by EK Cottontop » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Blick V Shinback, Erick V Enzstrand, and Timberdoodle's Lancer Answer would be on my short list.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm with you on Blick and Lancer, but Lancer D for me. Prob not Erick. Johnny Merrill said Blick was the best dog he had ever had. But, Essers Chick was behind all these.
brenda

TAK

Post by TAK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:55 pm

I am to the opinion that the dogs of today are better than the dogs of yesterday...... I don't find myself looking all that far back, I think anything that is worth breeding would be better than the original foundation. I really do think todays dogs are much more athletic, more attractive to the eye, and the gene pool of dogs is much deeper than say in the 70's.....

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:57 pm

I never seen him run,but NFC NAFC FC AFC Beier's Evolution produced some great dogs. I like the way my gsp handles and he has some BE with FC Aces Prima Banane in it.

On motherline breedings, I would like one out of a FC AFC Evolution's Deliverance bitch.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:17 pm

I very much agree on these dogs. [quote="Troy08er"]I never seen him run,but NFC NAFC FC AFC Beier's Evolution produced some great dogs. I like the way my gsp handles and he has some BE with FC Aces Prima Banane in it.

On motherline breedings, I would like one out of a FC AFC Evolution's Deliverance bitch.[/qu
ote]

That was a great cross. These dogs go to Blick. There were at least 15 FC offspring that came from that cross. We had one that was a point from her FC and Dewey Hicks just did not run her much....Evolutions Bad Banane (BA) was an incredible dog, and shes still up close in our pedigrees. Picture of her on our website under Important Dogs. That cross is twice behind the bitch I just bred, Izzy.
The stories I have heard from some of the old time dogs I am not sure if the dogs today are better...I heard stories from Pointer people of Johnny Merrill showing up at their pointer trials and kicking their butts, and this was in the west..... :?
brenda

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:03 am

snips wrote:I very much agree on these dogs.
Troy08er wrote:I never seen him run,but NFC NAFC FC AFC Beier's Evolution produced some great dogs. I like the way my gsp handles and he has some BE with FC Aces Prima Banane in it.

On motherline breedings, I would like one out of a FC AFC Evolution's Deliverance bitch.[/qu
ote]

That was a great cross. These dogs go to Blick. There were at least 15 FC offspring that came from that cross. We had one that was a point from her FC and Dewey Hicks just did not run her much....Evolutions Bad Banane (BA) was an incredible dog, and shes still up close in our pedigrees. Picture of her on our website under Important Dogs. That cross is twice behind the bitch I just bred, Izzy.
The stories I have heard from some of the old time dogs I am not sure if the dogs today are better...I heard stories from Pointer people of Johnny Merrill showing up at their pointer trials and kicking their butts, and this was in the west..... :?
What's your web site? I'll be breeding my Gator to http://lowellsgundogs.com/pb/wp_68a4b9f ... 4b9fb.html within the next month or so.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:13 am

I would prob like to see the dogs run first hand to see if I would even think they would be a good match. I'm all for rockin rolling billy, rockin rocky, maybe magnums touch of gold, and a clone of billy dee's blues in a..Ohhhh I forgot blues rockin new creation.. but he is still alive.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:32 am

http://www.walnuthillgsps.us. My Izzy's Sire, Gambles Bad Rip-n-Chip was a 2xNSTRA Ch and is out of BA. He was a VERY nice dog. Rick also owned a dog from that cross, NSTRA CH Jackson Von Prima Banane..He is also in our pedigrees....
brenda

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 am

snips wrote:http://www.walnuthillgsps.us. My Izzy's Sire, Gambles Bad Rip-n-Chip was a 2xNSTRA Ch and is out of BA. He was a VERY nice dog.
Nice,I don't see the pedigree.Just the sire and dame on your web page.Great looking dogs.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 am

Your Logan to my Doodle. If I could reproduce Dalin, I would be the happiest man alive.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 am

I know Bruce..So sorry. I think I have reproduced Logan, it is scarry the little things this Mav x Dolly pup does. He is double on Logan....
brenda

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm

snips wrote:http://www.walnuthillgsps.us. My Izzy's Sire, Gambles Bad Rip-n-Chip was a 2xNSTRA Ch and is out of BA. He was a VERY nice dog. Rick also owned a dog from that cross, NSTRA CH Jackson Von Prima Banane..He is also in our pedigrees....

You can still find some of those lines out west. This is Ellis's gsp Gus from Landmark Kennels. I know Larry bred his Bean dog to Goonie which was an B.E. bitch from John Merrell's lines. That pup just hit the ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER

Gneiss Dog

Post by Gneiss Dog » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 pm

ultracarry wrote:I would prob like to see the dogs run first hand to see if I would even think they would be a good match. I'm all for rockin rolling billy, rockin rocky, maybe magnums touch of gold, and a clone of billy dee's blues in a..Ohhhh I forgot blues rockin new creation.. but he is still alive.
Rockin Rocky is still alive and hunting hard.
huntingdogtrainer.net

That dog is a bird finding machine.

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:34 pm

snips wrote:I
I would sure hope that we are improving/building on these dogs with each breeding, or we are not really doing justice. Many of the dogs mentioned are fantastic dogs, but I would hope that each of its get are just a tad bit better, provided the bitch added some good stuff in there also.....

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:22 am

Troy08er wrote:
snips wrote:http://www.walnuthillgsps.us. My Izzy's Sire, Gambles Bad Rip-n-Chip was a 2xNSTRA Ch and is out of BA. He was a VERY nice dog. Rick also owned a dog from that cross, NSTRA CH Jackson Von Prima Banane..He is also in our pedigrees....

You can still find some of those lines out west. This is Ellis's gsp Gus from Landmark Kennels. I know Larry bred his Bean dog to Goonie which was an B.E. bitch from John Merrell's lines. That pup just hit the ground.
Nice!
brenda

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my 5 would be Moesgaards IB, Greif v Hundschemerkogel, Tip Top Timmy, Uodibar's Boss Man and always Dixieland's Rusty!

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:15 pm

+1 :)

Vision

Post by Vision » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:15 pm

TAK wrote:
snips wrote:I
I would sure hope that we are improving/building on these dogs with each breeding, or we are not really doing justice. Many of the dogs mentioned are fantastic dogs, but I would hope that each of its get are just a tad bit better, provided the bitch added some good stuff in there also.....

Dogs getting better at the same time the standards/requirements are getting watered down????????????????????????????

Vision

Post by Vision » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm

1. Shilo v Hessenwald

2. Essers Chick

3. Blick

4. Beiers Evolution

LBH

Post by LBH » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:24 pm

TAK wrote:I am to the opinion that the dogs of today are better than the dogs of yesterday...... I don't find myself looking all that far back, I think anything that is worth breeding would be better than the original foundation. I really do think todays dogs are much more athletic, more attractive to the eye, and the gene pool of dogs is much deeper than say in the 70's.....
+1...but then again, I wasn't even born in the 70's but I can only imagine with the breeders and competition today, the dogs have improved since then.

I wish I could get something right out of Chisholm Creek's Cuttin Loose.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Vision wrote:

1. Shilo v Hessenwald

2. Essers Chick

3. Blick

4. Beiers Evolution
Blick....v Shinback or v Grabenbruch :) No loose either way

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:40 pm

LBH wrote:
TAK wrote:I am to the opinion that the dogs of today are better than the dogs of yesterday...... I don't find myself looking all that far back, I think anything that is worth breeding would be better than the original foundation. I really do think todays dogs are much more athletic, more attractive to the eye, and the gene pool of dogs is much deeper than say in the 70's.....
+1...but then again, I wasn't even born in the 70's but I can only imagine with the breeders and competition today, the dogs have improved since then.

I wish I could get something right out of Chisholm Creek's Cuttin Loose.
I like Sin City Slick Ace, but cutter was super good

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 pm

You could ask this several times and get different answer's. The origional question kinda leaves the door wide open, like multiple dogs. Suppose you only got one pick, who would it be? For me I think Dixieland Rusty. In truth the difference between him and a bunch of others is so slim it could not be registered. If I can have two, I thought MRK's Western Pride was the best dog I ever watched, I never watched Rusty.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

raven34

Post by raven34 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Dennis and I just discussed this last night.... :D Ammertals Boss Ranger.

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Kay v. d. Wildburg, Mooesgard Ib/Coco
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 pm

northern cajun wrote:Kay v. d. Wildburg, Mooesgard Ib/Coco
Bourbon
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Ok, choose one I would choose FC HoF Uodibar's Boss Man.

sh0rthair

Post by sh0rthair » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:48 pm

FC Mac The Knife

Retiredbirddogman

Post by Retiredbirddogman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:05 am

What do GSP's know about the "Directs" line? What are your thoughts on Clown breeding? Produced a lot of great NSTRA dogs.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 am

Retiredbirddogman wrote:What do GSP's know about the "Directs" line? What are your thoughts on Clown breeding? Produced a lot of great NSTRA dogs.
Direct's Fine Line? Very nice lines. Checkmate's dandy dude's bigfoot and his dad dandy dude, go back to of course to Uodibar's Boss Man's sire FC HoF Tip Top Timmy and his grand Sire FC HoF Windy Hills Prince James. Here's the pedigree: http://nextgenerationgermanshorthairs.n ... erations=5

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:46 pm

OOPS NEVERMIND

LarryLowell

Question for GSP'ers

Post by LarryLowell » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:23 am

As a breeder Id be all in on straws from:

1) Rockin Rollin Billy - Producer
2) Biers Evolution - Producer
3) Grief - Producer
4) Dixielands Rusty - Producer
5) Heidi Mighty City Slicker - Producer

If I could only pick I'd go with RR Billy. He wasn't bred alot but what he produced was very nice, and his get produced, and their get produced , and so on, their Still producing.

Without fact checking , I'd guess % wise because of his limited number of breedings that Billy produced that He might be one of the top producing lines of NFCs out there. Not just from him but again his get, grand get, etc... They are still producing. And minus all the Game Dogs , that line produces excellent Hunting Dogs , pure loaded with natural ability Birddogs.

Larry Lowell

LarryLowell

Question for GSP'ers

Post by LarryLowell » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 am

And Rockin Rollin Billy crossed well with just about everything. All the stud dogs I mentioned on my list, their lines ALL cross well with Billy dogs. So as a Breeder that believes in linebreeding and inbreeding, I'd looking for breeding a line of Birddogs that will last the test of time, and give me great options for outcrossing.

Larry Lowell