Training Day is over :(

gittrdonebritts

Training Day is over :(

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 pm

We'll its and I would say we had a great time ! and I'd like to Thank Jonsey for coming and answering all of our questions and even helping all of us work with our dogs ! And thanks to Ezzy for being a great host and Thanks to everyone who came and helped make it a great Day !!!!!

terrylndrs

Re: Training Day is over :(

Post by terrylndrs » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm

I wish I could have been there. Ihad almost as much fun as everyone that went. I got to work 32 of the last 36 hours :/

V-John

Post by V-John » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Glad you all got to meet up with Jonesy. He's a helluva trainer and a helluva guy. Just don't tell him I said that. :)

terrylndrs

Post by terrylndrs » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:18 pm

No pictures yet

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Sun May 01, 2011 6:15 am

It was a wonderful day! was great meeting folks and hanging out watching the dogs work. I learned SOO much watching Jonesy workin the dogs and sharing with us his knowledge...was basically a seminar! Tons of learning there to be had. Special thanks to him for traveling all the way from KY with his wife and 5 month old! Mom and baby were walking around with us out in the fields as well.... great family!

Thanks to Ezzy for being a great host as well...perfect location for working the dogs.

Denise took a lot of photos and I know she got some good ones so give her some time to get them posted.

Count me in on the next one!
Cory
Last edited by C.painter on Mon May 02, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 am

Glad everyone had a great time!
I played hooky to spend sometime with the hubby looking for shrooms. Found a whooping 8 shrooms after a 2 hour drive and a 3 hour walk! :roll:

Still was a good time with the old man and the mutts!

Maybe you all will be able to get another one together yet this year!

x100 on Denises pictures! If you ever have a dog event and you need pictures, she is the one to have come out for sure!
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun May 01, 2011 7:18 am

Sounds like a good time:)
brenda

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 am

Okay, you guys put absolutely no pressure on the amateur photographer! I took around 60 pics, and can live with showing about 20 of them. :lol: Checkcord work doesn't make for the prettiest pics IMO, and Ezzy missed my memo about proper field prep for the photographer. I know Jonesy's wife took some photos too, so hopefully she got some nice ones.

It was a fun day, although I wish more folks could have made it. It was nice putting a face to a name, and seeing others dogs. Ezzy & his wife were gracious hosts and grilled some tasty eats, gave us a tour of the pigeon coop, and provided a nice patch of land for us to work on...albeit we took every back road in Illinois to get there. :lol: Jonesy was terrific help and I know we all appreciated he and his lovely wife and youngster, making the trek to join up with us. It was very interesting to see how my 2 dogs handled in different hands, and we believe Brandi understands his southern drawl better than my midwestern accent.

My dog Brandi was the first of the day.

Brittlvr's youngster.

GitterDone's dog on point.

My older dog Roxi chilling.

A setter Jonesy brought.

A pointer owned by RonR.

A shorthair owned by Birddogger.

Brittlover's youngster again.

My dog Roxi on her 2nd time out. This time Jonesy's going to try & knock the pigeon down, as my husband missed the first time she was out. By the puff of feathers, Jonesy definitely made contact, but the bird still made off.

So we put another pigeon out for Roxi, and Brittlover offered to shoot. This time the bird flew into the wind, and towards the parked cars and people. It quickly circled back, and Brittlover took an impressive shot, and it spiraled down out of the sky. My husband went and got the bird, and Roxi finally had a little reward, for all the steadiness work she's done lately.
Last edited by wems2371 on Sun May 01, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun May 01, 2011 8:43 am

Very nice pics, glad you all had a nice day to work the dogs and shoot the sh!!, hopefully there will be more....ruth :D
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sun May 01, 2011 9:16 am

Well I'm sad it is over, but we had a wonderful time. Thanks to Jonesy for showing us that our dogs can actually hunt. LOL No really thanks for sharing your wonderful wisdom. I learned a lot. Thanks to Ezzy for providing the perfect spot to train and the wonderful food at the end. Thanks to everyone that should up, it was really nice to meet all of you and now can a few more names to people I call friends. Thanks to Denise for providing the awesome photos, even though she calls herself an amateur, which we all believe is not true. Here is a couple photos she took of my wife and child that tagged along. P.S. anytime you guys need someone to shoot your birds for you feel free to call. :lol: Thanks to Joe for giving me his wonderful dog box. Molly loves it.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Love the pics! (hope some more get posted!)

Brittlver, how old is the "youngster"?

I hope to find a group like this to help me train my first...
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Sun May 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Daughter is 1.5 years old and is a ball of fire and Molly (Dog) is 7 months old. She did awsome with two great points. First on was by the pond. The second one was in the grass. She did awsome on the second one. Held the point for a long time allowing Jonesy to walk out and around to the front of her and flush the bird before she gave chase. Made me all tingly inside.

Jesse

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun May 01, 2011 4:45 pm

I just arrived home about an hour ago. Like everone else, I had a great time and met really good people!! Ezzy and his wife were wonderful hosts and I want to thank Denise for the pics. I thank Jonesy for making the trip, although I didn't get to spend much time with him. I was there to see Jesse make the impressive shot, but I think it was luck. :lol: ....Just kidding Jesse. Also, thanks to Joe for getting this thing set up and good luck with your new pup that you picked up from Ron. It was nice meeting Cory, Denise and her husband, Clint.......All just good people!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

ekoog82

Post by ekoog82 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:46 pm

looked like a good time, wish I could have made it to get some of the much needed help. Keep the pics coming, all great looking dogs.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Some thoughts; Was complaining about it being so windy and wished it would quit when I realized the forcast had said thunderstorms and windy. Why do I always complain or want more when the really important stuff was given to us---no rain.

Was wondering how I can be so lucky to meet a group of people on the internet that turn out to be even nicer in person.

Was hoping everyone was satisfied both mentally and physically after the day and they returned home to contomplate all they had heard and experienced.

Was thrilled that I ended the day with more friends than I started it with. Kind of a goal of mine I have worked on for several years. Hope each of you felt the same way.

Was a day to remember and we owe so much of it to Jonesy and family. Don't have a clue how his wife got stuck with him but glad she did and is keeping him in check.

More thoughts:

Was the trip worth while and would you want to do it again, though we would have to do it on our own in all probability?

How many of you would be interested in coming for a two day seminar with Jonesy if we can work out a schedule? This would have a cost, be for you and your dog, and hopefully be sometime in late sumer or early fall?

And I want to wrap this up by thanking all of you for coming and being involved. It was a pleasure being able to be here and able to help out a little. If there is ever anything I can do to help any of you feel free to ask. Just make it soon as like Britlover said, I should be put away soon. :lol:

God Bless to a wonderful group of foolish dog lovers,

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I couldn't have asked for a better day or for a better group of new friends, hope we can all get together again soon and have more come out than before.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun May 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Count me in.

Charlie

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 am

Sounds like everyone had a blast!! Maybe I'll have to make the trip from Minne-snow-ta next time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Brittlver ~ Thats a great looking dog!

Onk

Post by Onk » Mon May 02, 2011 6:50 am

Looked like a lot of fun..wish I could have gone, lord knows I could use the help learning a thing or two! What was the youngest dogs age there, any pups?
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Mon May 02, 2011 7:08 am

Ezzy-
I would be interested in a 2 day seminar, even if I am without a dog this year. If you did it this same time next year I for sure would be in for it. I really loved Jonesey's style of training, and teaching and would love to get some more.

Thanks as well for the open invite!! I might have to take you up on it next year when the pup is on the ground! Was a pleasure adding some new dog lover friends to my list as you mentioned.

Cory

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:10 am

Several of the ones pictured were 8 to 11 months. We had one that was 12 weeks but it decided to just watch.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 am

Cory, I can find you a well bred Brit puppy that will be ready to go in a couple of months or so that you can start working with this summer. And there is a male pup advertised on the forum out of some of the best dogs ever for 600. he mignt very well be the best bred pup myou will ever find.

Ezzy

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks Ezzy-
My issue is the family, everyone wants a Frenchie, they want a tri-color and none of the family want an orange and white. So that limits me significantly! Need to keep the family happy at the same time... :D

Cory

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 am

C.painter wrote:Thanks Ezzy-
My issue is the family, everyone wants a Frenchie, they want a tri-color and none of the family want an orange and white. So that limits me significantly! Need to keep the family happy at the same time... :D

Cory
Who wears the pants and how does she look in them ? :lol:

Cory color has nothing to do with how the dog is going to preform and shouldn't be the first priority although a lot of people do base there final decision on looks (I've done it also), there are a lot of good dogs out there right not for a very fair price may I suggest looking around a bit more ?

Nhuskr

Post by Nhuskr » Mon May 02, 2011 9:19 am

C.painter wrote:Thanks Ezzy-

Cory
Cory, I love tri-colors as well! My hubbies frenchie is orange and white, though. She looks a lot like an American as she has a self-colored nose, but is a bit smaller. Have you tried Rolling Red Prairie Kennel in Oklahoma? He breeds for tri-colors. I don't have any personal experience with Mr. Dalrymple, but the sire of Tucker(avatar pic) came from his kennel and scored a very high percentile for conformation at the 2010 annual meeting (like 94 or 98%, I can't remember which).

Here's his website http://www.rollingredprairiekennel.com/

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Wish I could have been there, but I'm looking forward to the Dave Walker seminar next month in Iowa. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you all there.

Cheryl

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 am

Yep I agree that color shouldn't be the first thing to look for. However, I do like to keep the peace with the wife and kids.... So to keep them happy I am going for a tri (last liter out of the pairing I am going for had 4 tri's and 2 orange and white). I get pick of the liter for females so in my mind, that allows me to hopefully get a tri color...and yet hopefully have some flexibility as far as which female I want, God willing of course.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions as I do appreciate them.

Cory

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Onk wrote:Looked like a lot of fun..wish I could have gone, lord knows I could use the help learning a thing or two! What was the youngest dogs age there, any pups?
My shorthair in the pictures is 11 mos.

Charlie

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 pm

rkappes wrote:Sounds like everyone had a blast!! Maybe I'll have to make the trip from Minne-snow-ta next time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Brittlver ~ Thats a great looking dog!
Thanks, She is a great dog and I have high hopes for her. Still not sure if I want to try and trail her. Guess I should start really thinking about it.

My Brittany is 7 months old now. These were her first scent points.

Onk

Post by Onk » Mon May 02, 2011 2:19 pm

My Britt is 4 months old now and has not been in contact with a bird yet. I hold out hope that he will run across one or two birds on one of our trips to the farm so that I can see his reaction. Maybe I will be able to make it to the next one. Pup starts training in June, can't wait!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Mon May 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Man that looks like you guys had a great day. it is always good to see people having a good day in the uplands doing any part of the game we call gun dogs.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Tue May 03, 2011 6:55 am

Here is a picture of Joes new pointer that Ron brought up for him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tailcrackin

Post by tailcrackin » Tue May 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Everybody, Jenny, Kyndall, and I had a ball. We wanna thank everyone, for the good time. It was alotta fun. I love working the dogs, and helping, we had alot of great pictures, and hopefully got the dogs straightened out on a few things. We have some pics also, that I will send to wems2371 to post up. Hopefully everyone will enjoy them.
Ezzy and I have talked on tryin to possibly do a seminar up there sometime, that could be a great thing, we will try and cross that bridge in time.
Right now, I am focusing on the seminar in Columbia Mo, at the end of the month. When we later, get things figured out for us, I give you my word, that either Ezzy, myself, or Gittrdone, will post and get everything in the public eye. But, right now, the Missouri one, is top priority on my list.
Thanks to everyone for working and getting things done, to allow my family, and everyone else in attendance, to have a great time together working dogs. Thanks Jonesy
"Don't make it happen. Get it ready and let it happen"
- Ray Hunt
www.jonesysgundogs.com

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:I couldn't have asked for a better day or for a better group of new friends, hope we can all get together again soon and have more come out than before.
Sounds good to me and I agree what a great bunch of folks to spend the day with even ezzy. Who would have thought he would be so tolerable in real life :P . My only regret was that I wish that I would have brought a broke dog instead of a 5 month old puppy. Next time, I guess.
gittrdonebritts wrote:Who wears the pants and how does she look in them ?

Funny Stuff :lol: .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa28 ... =slideshow

Here are the photos that Jonesy's wife took of the day. Thanks for sharing the photos with us. :wink:

alynch

Post by alynch » Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Glad you all had a good time, and had an opportunity to see Jonesy first hand.We still have 2-3 openings for his seminar on May 21-22 in Columbia Mo.For more information call Jonesy or you can call me (Alan) @ 573-808-4186