NAVHDA GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND..

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

NAVHDA GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND..

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon May 09, 2011 5:25 am

Just had to acknowledge how great my local NAVHDA chapter is here in canada..first of all for offering training days every single weekend for us all to get together and get our dogs on the right track and of course to ask questions from some very knowledgeable great folks and also my family and i are leaving for florida on friday for 10 days and one of the members is watching jersey for us and not only is that kind of her to do, but, she is also going to take jersey with her to the NATURAL ABILITIES test this sunday the 15th, which is a 3 hour drive..she is attending anyway with her weims but still is kind enough to bring jersey with her so jersey wont miss her test..we would have had to wait until the fall to test her but jersey is ready now so this is to me a really nice thing to do...NAVHDA has been great and very helpful, i recommend anyone to join their local chapter, thanks for letting me share my appreciation :D ....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: NAVHDA GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND..

Post by birddogger » Mon May 09, 2011 6:02 am

I have participated with two different chapters Ruth and the people were great in both. You would think there are exceptions to everything, but I haven't found it with the people in NAVHDA yet.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

chiendog

Post by chiendog » Mon May 09, 2011 7:07 am

Ruth whereabouts are you in Canada? I'm in Manitoba and would love to have the support of a local NAVHDA chapter. Unfortunately we have a grand total of about 3 people that are into NAVHDA around here so we travel to Fargo, 4 hours and one international border away for tests and the occasional training day.

You are lucky to have a club close by, I'm jealous!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 am

chiendog wrote:Ruth whereabouts are you in Canada? I'm in Manitoba and would love to have the support of a local NAVHDA chapter. Unfortunately we have a grand total of about 3 people that are into NAVHDA around here so we travel to Fargo, 4 hours and one international border away for tests and the occasional training day.

You are lucky to have a club close by, I'm jealous!
Hi chiendog, im in southern ontario, our local chapter is near london (3 hours away), so its not really close :D but we do have quite a bit of people who attend training days at a few different locations..every sat at GOLD CREEK FARMS in london and also at a members farm in thamesville every other sat (1 and half hours away)..we also joined the international chapter and can go to all kinds of training days in michigan which is just 20 minutes to the border from me and there are alot of members in the michigan chapters as well...i figure we have to travel that far to hunt so whats the difference :D i do wish there were more GSP folks here, its mainly weims in our chapter, which is ok cause all bird dog people i have met have been great, plus they love having jersey to add some colour to the field :lol: .....ruth

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 am

I wish there was a chapter close to me.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 am

Ruth : Is it the Grand River Chapter that hosts the London events? I didn't think London had its own Chapter.

http://grandrivernavhda.com/NEWS.html
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 am

Sharon wrote:Ruth : Is it the Grand River Chapter that hosts the London events? I didn't think London had its own Chapter.

Yes sharon its the grandriver chapter but most of the training days and events are located within the london area...they are great!! are you a member?...ruth

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon May 09, 2011 3:09 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:
Sharon wrote:Ruth : Is it the Grand River Chapter that hosts the London events? I didn't think London had its own Chapter.

Yes sharon its the grandriver chapter but most of the training days and events are located within the london area...they are great!! are you a member?...ruth
No I'm a "competition trialer". I get a thrill out of losing. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon May 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Sharon wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:

No I'm a "competition trialer". I get a thrill out of losing. :)
:lol: im a VERY sore loser so that wouldnt work for me :mrgreen: ....ruth

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Thu May 12, 2011 5:51 pm

I've been involved with a couple of NAVHDA chapters (Rocky Mtn and Frontier Chapters) and I wholeheartedly agree......not a bad apple in the bunch!!! Without exception every single person has been great (to include the judges).....and seem genuinely interesting in helping you get the most out of your dog. But then on the other hand, I've met some great folks at the local AKC hunt tests as well...