Sportdog TEK 1.0 LT Combo GPS Tracking and E Collar

Birdman250

Re: Sportdog TEK 1.0 LT Combo GPS Tracking and E Collar

Post by Birdman250 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:20 am

[quote="Neil"]I am a strong Garmin supporter, but I think competition is good!

No wonder I'm having a hard time selling my Tracker Supra Lite 2 Collars :wink:
A dog is the extension of its owner.

Paul : http://www.pmtkennels.com

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 am

Birdman250 wrote:
Neil wrote:I am a strong Garmin supporter, but I think competition is good!

No wonder I'm having a hard time selling my Tracker Supra Lite 2 Collars :wink:
I got rid of my tracker maxima w/2 supra lite collars last year when I got my garmin dc 40 and regret it.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 am

I've heard of a good handful or more dogs lost this spring trial season, 3 of them ultimately ending up found dead - 2 hit by cars and one shot, the others just wandered back into camp on their own the next day...all wearing Garmins that the guys couldn't pick them back up when they turned their units back on to find 'em. I love 'em for the info they can provide but I don't trust my dogs life to 'em - especially not in a trial scenario where you are turning the unit off and giving them usually a minimum 20" head start on ya'.
I got rid of my tracker maxima w/2 supra lite collars last year when I got my garmin dc 40 and regret it.
Got rid of my Garmin last fall and went back to solely using my Maxima with Supra Lite and Marshall collars - don't regret it a bit!

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 am

Ron R wrote:Ladies and Gentlmen if you realized where I hunt you would discover that I'm always right :roll: .
Ron what was it you posted to me the other day? Don't take it so personally. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Thu May 12, 2011 10:13 am

After all the crap you gentlemen have espoused i don't know any more about the above unit than was listed in the first post. And frankly i doubt that any tracking collar unit with prongs will ever be approved by either registry

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu May 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Doug is right, it was a stupid rule to have to leave the unit off until needed, it was not designed for such. I have not test the DC-40, some say it works better.

Most people I know, turned off the audible alerts, and gave the receiver to the judge in a closed case still on.

This rule should be changed, it never made any sense.

Myers,

Instead of looking for an argument, you could have read the responses, the e-collar and prongs come off, in fact you can buy the Sportdog Tex without an e-collar, I am certain it will be approved, perhaps by fall.

I had one in my hands for about 10 minutes at a cocktail party, but there is not much more I can tell you, and I don't think many have had them in the field. Larry Garner, former President of Tracker hunted with one some, and said it worked.

Neil

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Thu May 12, 2011 4:46 pm

DGFavor wrote:I've heard of a good handful or more dogs lost this spring trial season, 3 of them ultimately ending up found dead - 2 hit by cars and one shot, the others just wandered back into camp on their own the next day...all wearing Garmins that the guys couldn't pick them back up when they turned their units back on to find 'em. I love 'em for the info they can provide but I don't trust my dogs life to 'em - especially not in a trial scenario where you are turning the unit off and giving them usually a minimum 20" head start on ya'.
Got rid of my Garmin last fall and went back to solely using my Maxima with Supra Lite and Marshall collars - don't regret it a bit!
Yep... Been there witnessed that I love the Garmin for hunting but next time I turn a dog loose at breakaway he will be sporting a tele unit.... I don't want to take a chance that the dog gets into the wrong free range chicken habitat.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Ron R wrote:chukar 12, if you, I or anyone else think that we have a good dog, good e-collars, good tracking devices, or a good shotgun ryman will soon remind us that if we hunted the endless grouse woods of pa we would very quickly learn that we don't. Can you say superiority complex.

Ladies and Gentlmen if you realized where I hunt you would discover that I'm always right :roll: .
Post of the year!
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Fri May 13, 2011 8:21 am

Gentlemen,
Please use the equipment you like and believe in, let me do the same. As usual when you gentlemen disagree with someone you start the personal attacks.
I do know this, if you were standing in front of me, you would not attack me personally, stick to the subject.
RGD/Dave

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:08 am

Gentlemen,
Please use the equipment you like and believe in, let me do the same.
That sounds splendid...now, do not espouse your opinion as fact in a condescending internet tone. It is a fascinating study that it is even possible isn't it?

As usual when you gentlemen disagree with someone you start the personal attacks.
Define a personal attack. Would that be like when someone questions the manhood or relationship in a marriage because of cultural, generational or knowledge difference?
I do know this, if you were standing in front of me, you would not attack me personally,
See above, because if your definition isn't clear I couldn't be more sure that you are incorrect about this...puhleeze save me the key board posturing.
stick to the subject.
You aren't the boss of me.

No one attacked you, it appears that you come into a private board owned by someone else with your own commercial agenda. Further, it seems queastionable based on your ability to communicate over a broad spectrum without fighting and arguing with people. There is nothing to be revered about that, respect is earned not ordered.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:51 pm

AKC acceptance is official. Still waiting on American Field.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

johnsonkid

Post by johnsonkid » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 am

Will wait till other try it
but As for being approved for Trials I will bet that will get a big NO ..No E collars in trials

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:19 pm

johnsonkid wrote:Will wait till other try it
but As for being approved for Trials I will bet that will get a big NO ..No E collars in trials
The ecollar part comes off...
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:33 pm

johnsonkid wrote:Will wait till other try it
AKC already approved it with the stipulation that the correction unit shall be removed. The Fueld was way ahead on approving the Garmin, so I wonder if they will pass this one.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Texasdogtrainer

Post by Texasdogtrainer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm

I have used them all and have several sit around the house. When it comes to E-collars, TT will be what I carry in my holster. Also, I still a big fan of radio telementry. I still using my tracker and I have a brand new one on standby. SD collars are cheaper but because I train for the public, reliabilty is what I am looking for and TT delivers.