JERSEY ON BIRDS TODAY (POLICE CAME)

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

JERSEY ON BIRDS TODAY (POLICE CAME)

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed May 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I took jersey on some birds to train on some pigeons and fired off the starter pistol and with 10 minutes the police showed up..one of the farmers must have called, i assume they figured it was gunshots but i know the law and where im allowed to discharge a firearm so i didnt have one on me knowing where we were going.. anyway the cop was a jerk and acted like i was a threat to society by training my dog with a starter pistol and started asking me about the firearms i own :? ..i really cant wait to move to the boonies next year and get away from people and get around more dogs :wink: i got some good pics of jersey but my video camera wasnt working, i think my 4 year old broke it :evil: ..i apologize for all the pics i post and i understand if everyone is tired of seeing them so forgive me for posting more, please just humor me and have a look even though youve seen a pup pointing a million times, thanks guys :D ...ruth

GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

brad27

Re: JERSEY ON BIRDS TODAY (POLICE CAME)

Post by brad27 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

i apologize for all the pics i post and i understand if everyone is tired of seeing them so forgive me for posting more, please just humor me and have a look even though youve seen a pup pointing a million times, thanks guys ...ruth
i never get tired of seeing pics of dogs. keep up the good work.

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Wed May 11, 2011 5:31 pm

it is easy to understand/see why you are so proud of Jersey.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed May 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah I can see where you and Jersey are a real threat to society ... :roll:

I mean look at the serious look in that dogs face like Jersey is trying to point something out to you :mrgreen: :lol:

And people wonder why I like living so far from town..as far as I am concerned I am not far enough
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

volraider

Post by volraider » Wed May 11, 2011 6:05 pm

She looks great Ruth! Not bad for a almost 5 month old puppy.

taxidermy

Post by taxidermy » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Ruth , i hate people but i love to see puppy pics.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Ruth,

You are cruisin' for a bruisin'. First the larceny of your pigeons and now you're on the radar screen for the po-po. You better watch out girlie!

Jersey looks great on point!

Birdman250

Post by Birdman250 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Make the move to the country, if u could..U'll never regret it..I was in the same shoes ur were..BUT remember NOT all COPS are like the one u dealt with :D

Better yet...Next time the COPS show up tell them you are training the new pup as police K-9: in search of lost birds!!! :P
A dog is the extension of its owner.

Paul : http://www.pmtkennels.com

JoeFriday

Post by JoeFriday » Wed May 11, 2011 6:48 pm

did you ask the cop where he was a couple weeks ago when that psycho woman deprived you of your property (pigeons)?

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

GUNDOGS wrote: the cop was an azz and acted like i was a threat to society by training my dog with a starter pistol
I live on the end of a dead end street in town and fire my blank .22 all the time sometimes even shoot squirrels with my .410 never had a problem with the cops but I might add I shoot skeet, play cards and drink beer with the Chief of Police and his 2 deputy's :lol: :lol:
But have had problems with the DNR when I go out to my Training fields. :x

Never apologize for posting Pic's of Jersey even though she is a GSP :wink:

Birdman250

Post by Birdman250 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

gpblitz wrote:
Birdman250 wrote:BUT remember NOT all COPS are like the one u dealt with
Maybe!!!! :lol: The guns you own are none of his buisiness. Unless you comitted a crime. Well in the states anyway
Exactly..I've been one for several years now and he shouldn't have even ask u for ur gun unless it has been used or was suspicious of commiting a crime..I assume he didn't realize the pup was pointing..probably thought the steady dog/puppy was a statue!!!!! :lol:

Birdman250

Post by Birdman250 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:53 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote: the cop was an azz and acted like i was a threat to society by training my dog with a starter pistol
I live on the end of a dead end street in town and fire my blank .22 all the time sometimes even shoot squirrels with my .410 never had a problem with the cops but I might add I shoot skeet, play cards and drink beer with the Chief of Police and his 2 deputy's :lol: :lol:

No offense to any DNR guys here..BUT ur right, DNR men/women are in a different boat---no pond intended :P

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Birdman250 wrote:
gittrdonebritts wrote:

No offense to any DNR guys here..BUT ur right, DNR men/women are in a different boat---no pond intended :P
I have no problem with them doing there Job but when the same officer has come by my same training field (a DNR licsenced dog training area) 3 times in a week to see if I'm using the DNR provided tags for any birds I harvest wild or pen raised it gets really really old !

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed May 11, 2011 7:21 pm

I have no problem with them doing there Job but when the same officer has come by my same training field (a DNR licsenced dog training area) 3 times in a week to see if I'm using the DNR provided tags for any birds I harvest wild or pen raised it gets really really old !
Luckilly the guy who is the head of our local NRO is a buddy of mine. He used to usher with me at church till he got a divorce.. (Dang mennonite rules) :lol: - If I ever get hassled (which hasn't ever happened) I would have Stuart's number dialed promptly. Most of them around here are pretty lax with the "good ol boys" and don't give you any trouble.. They're more interested in the Meth-heads lurking around. I've only been checked by a NRO once in my entire life.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

OH MY GOSH im seriously laughing at these comments, some of you guys and gals need to become comedians :lol: ..i never get tired of the humor on here :lol: and the "dang mennonite rules" comment sent me over the edge :lol: ..anyway, i dont know why he was so interested in my firearms, maybe he knows what i did with that woman that let go of my pigeons :mrgreen: just kiddin :wink: thanks for the nice comments and the laughs.....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

CowboyBirdDogs

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Great pics! Maybe the cop was also a member of PETA.... :roll:

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 am

The cops in Texas would probably show up with a shotgun and ask if they could help.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 am

Man Ruth, you need to move to Ga!
brenda

mudpuppy1299

Post by mudpuppy1299 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 am

Ruth,
I genuinely enjoy your pictures; keep 'em coming!

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 am

GunDogs,
Ruth the Canadian laws can be a real pain, hope you get moved to the new place soon, so things like this stop happening to you, great training picures.
Hay did you ever get your kennel problems straightened out?
RGD/Dave

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Fri May 13, 2011 8:46 am

Don't even apologize for great pics of a dog! I love them...looks like she is doing very well. I love her coloring too!
Bill

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Fri May 13, 2011 10:26 am

No apology needed for the puppy pic's. It is an unwritten requirement to show off how well your pup is doing. So keep them coming.
You are really going to enjoy the difference when you move to your new place and don't have to deal with some of the people that are out there.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri May 13, 2011 12:05 pm

That cop is a hunter and knew imediatly that he would be skunked while jersey is hunting :) I never tire of pics of dogs in action. She is looking good, growing up and learning her stuff, good for you and keep up the good work.

My Dad raised race horses (I hate horses) we kept some in a bellevue location on the former outskirts of town. Well they is pheasants there :) and it is OK to shoot so I used to take a pup out and shoot a bird or two. Well, a gal called 911 and the deputy comes out, he comes over while I am cleaning the birds and asks me what I am doing. I told him, he calls shift super, is told Iam good to go. He goes tells gal, she gets upset and goes to city council, they tell her I am not in the city there but she is :) she files a small claims case against Dad cause one of his horses ate her plants which was a lie. Aksarben closed so no more racing here no more keeping horses there. Wasnt like I was shooting it up, I fired two shots :) out of a 20 ga....

I know a trainer moved cause some gal kept calling the humane society and telling them he kept dogs in tiny wire cages :) them up off the ground runs with the dog house on one end used by many dog folks :) some folks just gotta be Gladys Cravets :) hahahaha and get into everyone elses business....
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Love them white and roan GSP's they alway catch my eye. Train ON when and were you can.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Your experience illuminates Canada - very strict .

I had to see a psychiatrist a couple times due to PTSD , due to an incident at the jail where I work ; the Police wanted my guns. My Possession and Acquisition license was suspended.

I never use my starter pistol if anyone is around.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri May 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Redfishkilla wrote:The cops in Texas would probably show up with a shotgun and ask if they could help.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

chessiemanic

Post by chessiemanic » Sun May 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Nice looking dog, and appears training is going well. I have the same problem where I live. There is no way I'll be able to use a loud cap gun. I got a toy cap gun from walmart, figure it is a great starter point, and is 100% legal.

jannypan

Post by jannypan » Sun May 15, 2011 9:15 pm

You are cruisin' for a bruisin'. First the larceny of your pigeons and now you're on the radar screen for the po-po. You better watch out girlie!

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun May 15, 2011 9:53 pm

chessiemanic wrote:. There is no way I'll be able to use a loud cap gun. I got a toy cap gun from walmart, figure it is a great starter point, and is 100% legal.
A pistol that is only capable of firing blank loads isn't Illegal or require a fire arms card here in IL don't know what kind of Laws they have in CA but you should be ok even in Town is it noisy yes Illegal no.

chessiemanic

Post by chessiemanic » Mon May 16, 2011 10:15 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:
chessiemanic wrote:. There is no way I'll be able to use a loud cap gun. I got a toy cap gun from walmart, figure it is a great starter point, and is 100% legal.
A pistol that is only capable of firing blank loads isn't Illegal or require a fire arms card here in IL don't know what kind of Laws they have in CA but you should be ok even in Town is it noisy yes Illegal no.

Thanks for the info, once the dog is ready I'll take him to the field to shoot a blank gun or work with a friend, and it should be OK. The 2 main issue that I'm using a toy capper is that it is not too cool to be shooting what people would think is a real gun when you have close neighbors. I live in a better area of Vallejo, however people would think it is a driveby. 2nd, is that I don't want to spook the dog. A few weeks back we were at the Marina to see a Yacht race and the sound of the guns going off scared him and he wanted to run away. I think it is better to work him back up to hearing a shootgun sound. I just want to start off small, and my thought is that the dog is comfortable at the house and playing in the yard, so I'll get him use to the noise and then move up later.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 am

Chessie,

Just moments from you is Grizzly Island. After nesting season is over the DFG allows dog training out there. There are piles of pheasants running around, I would take the dog there and let it chase birds until it was nuts for them and when you were sure about his'her focus being on the birds introduce gun fire at a distance while the dog is in the chase. You want to create a positive association with the noise of a gun. Desensitizing a dog to the noise is not easy, creating a positive association has always given me better results.

chessiemanic

Post by chessiemanic » Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 am

ThanksChukar12, I knew that I had to be close to some where that I can do some training.

redman25

Post by redman25 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Beautiful pup! Keep the pics coming.

As far as your predicament, I live in the south, so it's not a big deal for the most part. I'm still working toward some acreage in the country, away from everything. That way there is no question...tread on me and get what's coming. Sad that it's coming to this even in our once great nation.